Goal music poll - Page 3 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Goal music poll

Guest flumax

12 hours ago, Boboblanko said:

Its a Fvking awful song.... what has become of us when this pi sh is going to be played after every goal?

Maybe it's a tactical move so the crowd don't get too angry if it finishes 0-0.

I had no idea that tune was called Bits n Pieces, but I remember it. I might get nostalgic for standing about in nightclubs in the 90s going "this music's pish!"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6 October 2016 at 6:57 AM, Toepoke said:

Maybe it's a tactical move so the crowd don't get too angry if it finishes 0-0.

I had no idea that tune was called Bits n Pieces, but I remember it. I might get nostalgic for standing about in nightclubs in the 90s going "this music's pish!"

:lol:

Thought it was embarrassing that we had actually started playing at the end, scored a goal and had the ball back ready to kick off again with in seconds, but the DJ was more interested in justifying all the pre-game hype about what shite song we'd play by letting it run and run when the game had restarted.  Also dance remixes of the Proclaimers?  Come on, total pish!

Can we drop shouty George Bowie into the Amazon jungle. When he is eaten alive the jingle will be perfect. Bits n Pieces of Bowie.

We have to put up with the tube claiming to be a Morton fan, so we get it twice.

I assume everyone got the 'tell us about your Hampden experience' pash, if we are going down the route of hiding our shortcomings by trying to think of ways to 'entertain' the fans besides actually playing some fitba just lock the gates now.

On 18 October 2016 at 0:21 PM, TartanTon said:

Can we drop shouty George Bowie into the Amazon jungle. When he is eaten alive the jingle will be perfect. Bits n Pieces of Bowie.

We have to put up with the tube claiming to be a Morton fan, so we get it twice.

I assume everyone got the 'tell us about your Hampden experience' pash, if we are going down the route of hiding our shortcomings by trying to think of ways to 'entertain' the fans besides actually playing some fitba just lock the gates now.

It was total pish.  If there is a survey to complete I'd love to know where so I can tell them so.

13 hours ago, Deeklipse said:

It was total pish.  If there is a survey to complete I'd love to know where so I can tell them so.

I got an e-mail with a link on the 13th from the SFA. Likely random selection poll.

Doubt they will appreciate my answers though.

• 3 months later...

Why is "Caledonia" rarely sung at games ? It definitely does get sung by fans occasionally but not as often as it should.

Would it really be so damn hard for people to learn the words to even just one of - "Scots Wha Hae", "Bonnie Dundee", "A' the Blue Bonnets are Over the Border" or "Freedom Come All Ye" ?

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Why is "Caledonia" rarely sung at games ? It definitely does get sung by fans occasionally but not as often as it should.

Would it really be so damn hard for people to learn the words to even just one of - "Scots Wha Hae", "Bonnie Dundee", "A' the Blue Bonnets are Over the Border" or "Freedom Come All Ye" ?

Caledonia isn't really a "terrace song". 

Great in pubs when singing along to a CD but a bit slow for the actual game IMO.

From your other suggestions, Bonnie Dundee could work though.

On 1/30/2017 at 5:27 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Because people don't give two hoots about our culture. That and the fact Salmond's fat.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

I wish I could argue that's not the case ......

But I can't :( A sad state of affairs indeed.

Years of being told we are too wee, stupid, poor, etc. has contributed to our Scottish cringe. Any show of love for our culture is shot down as shortbread pish.