League cup quarter finals - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League cup quarter finals

The same referee who was too scared to send a Celtic player off on Sunday shites himself again in refusing to red card a Rangers player for a pretty horrendous challenge.

I hope we don't have yet another spineless wonder in black on our hands.

2-0 Rangers, 2-1 Morton. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Shocking challenge from Forrester.  Easily a straight red.

It's worrying that this referee...apparently new to the top flight ?....has got such obvious decisions wrong in the last 3 days. 

I wonder if he'd be so reticent to red card players if it wasn't Celtic and Rangers involved. 

7 minutes ago, Rossy said:

It's worrying that this referee...apparently new to the top flight ?....has got such obvious decisions wrong in the last 3 days. 

I wonder if he'd be so reticent to red card players if it wasn't Celtic and Rangers involved. 

To be fair, he has been pretty lenient with the cards all game. Not seen the Celtic game, so cant comment on that.

12 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

To be fair, he has been pretty lenient with the cards all game. Not seen the Celtic game, so cant comment on that.

No problem with him being lenient with cards. There is a problem when he's getting such major decisions, right under his nose, completely wrong. 

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

The Celtic one was bad enough to make me snort my coffee out my nose.  

In other news, United gash tonight and seem to be getting gasher.  

Cappielow was a torrid affair tonight. We weren't that great, Dundee Utd looked the part, but overall they were gash. We're in our first semi final in 35 years!

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

Have to say, was impressed with Quitongo tonight.  Really annoying, niggly and quick.  How old is he?  One for the future?

He's only 19. We knocked back a £100000 bid for him in August. Strachan - get watching!

11 hours ago, Rossy said:

The same referee who was too scared to send a Celtic player off on Sunday shites himself again in refusing to red card a Rangers player for a pretty horrendous challenge.

I hope we don't have yet another spineless wonder in black on our hands.

2-0 Rangers, 2-1 

The ref did get it wrong on Sunday, should have been a free kick to Celtic. Draper fell into Sviatchenko in a vardy esque style to initiate contact and try and get our man sent off. 

4 hours ago, Mox said:

The ref did get it wrong on Sunday, should have been a free kick to Celtic. Draper fell into Sviatchenko in a vardy esque style to initiate contact and try and get our man sent off. 

As much as I like to see the wee teams beat the big boys it was nice to see Draper not getting a decision for a change. Maybe his reputation is starting to precede him?...

4 hours ago, Mox said:

Some skill being able to fall forward into a player who is behind you. Breaking all sorts of science rules there.

You are allowed to sheild the ball when it is in front of you. What you aren't allowed to do is attempt to get a piggy back from another player and knock him over.

3 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Some skill being able to fall forward into a player who is behind you. Breaking all sorts of science rules there.

You are allowed to sheild the ball when it is in front of you. What you aren't allowed to do is attempt to get a piggy back from another player and knock him over.

Don't over complicate it, there's no science involved. Draper fell before he had been touched  and fell into Sviatchenko. It's a very modern way of trying to win a penalty, but the ref seen past it and made the correct decision.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Don't over complicate it, there's no science involved. Draper fell before he had been touched  and fell into Sviatchenko. It's a very modern way of trying to win a penalty, but the ref seen past it and made the correct decision.

Draper fell forward. The Celtic player was behind him. Draper falling into his is impossible. It was a clear foul.

Do you not see that you are the only person saying it was a fouls to Celtic. Is everyone else wrong and you right?

21 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Shocking challenge from Forrester.  Easily a straight red.

Forrester has had a couple of tackles like that and so far been lucky. he's going to have to change his ways or it'll end up costing us.

Not seen either challenge but it obviously a red for Sviatchenko. ?