League cup quarter finals - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League cup quarter finals

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Did he not spend most of his time with Hibs on the bench ?Ā :huh:

I wouldn't say most of the time but he did spend a fairĀ amountĀ of his spell on the bench which I will never understand. If you want someone to create something from nothing then he's your man. He knocked his pan in week in week out

2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

The Old Firm get disproportionateĀ decisions in their favour is not a conspiracy. Ā 

That's 3 blindingly obvious red cards in the space of 4 days.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just pathetically weak refereeing.

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

That's 3 blindingly obvious red cards in the space of 4 days.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just pathetically weak refereeing.

Thought you were busy this week?

20 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Some skill being able to fall forward into a player who is behind you. Breaking all sorts of science rules there.

You are allowed to sheild the ball when it is in front of you. What you aren't allowed to do is attempt to get a piggy back from another player and knock him over.

For what it's worth, i thought it was a pen. Ā AsĀ Toepoke says above though, Draper's reputation catching up withĀ him and costing ICT.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Massive game for AFC and McInnes tonight. Must win.Ā 

Yes. Ā Biggest game tonight in a big 3-game week for the Dons. That's not intended as some sort of dig at Rangers, this is genuinely just a bigger game for the club and in terms of potential silverware. Ā I also agree that tonight is huge for McInnes.Ā Ā He has to try something different to Rooney up front. Ā While I like Rooney, he has been largely ineffective so far this season. Ā Could try two up front,Ā but that makes if difficult to fit Maddison into the team, which i think we need to. Ā McLean very lucky that Jack is injured and that despite the glaringly obvious, we didn't get in any other holding midfielders in the window.....but got ridĀ of Flood - anyway, i digress.

3 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Yes. Ā Biggest game tonight in a big 3-game week for the Dons. That's not intended as some sort of dig at Rangers, this is genuinely just a bigger game for the club and in terms of potential silverware. Ā I also agree that tonight is huge for McInnes.Ā Ā He has to try something different to Rooney up front. Ā While I like Rooney, he has been largely ineffective so far this season. Ā Could try two up front,Ā but that makes if difficult to fit Maddison into the team, which i think we need to. Ā McLean very lucky that Jack is injured and that despite the glaringly obvious, we didn't get in any other holding midfielders in the window.....but got ridĀ of Flood - anyway, i digress.

McInnes' comments after Sunday, where he specifically praised McLean concerned me. He'll be in the team for the forseeable.Ā 

Maddison must play. No two ways about it. I'd consider giving Stockley a start tonight. His physical attributes will come in handy against Saints.Ā 

18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Ā I'd consider giving Stockley a start tonight. His physical attributes will come in handy against Saints.Ā 

He was rubbish the first game of the season.

However, you're probably right, and to be honest, Rooney didn't impress on Sunday. I have a feeling McInnes will start with Stockley.

13 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Saints look gash tonight. They're all over the place in the middle of the park.

No disrespect to one of the boards better postersĀ but I hope Aberdeen win. I obviously prefer the modest Saintees to the arrogant Dons but I reckon the sheep have what it takes to do Sevco. The more misery piled on that mob the better as far as I'm concerned

I hope this won't get in the way of our banterfulĀ relationship we've built up over the last couple of years

Edited by DoonTheSlope

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

That Maddison looks a player.Ā 

Agree. Ā A class above anything else at Aberdeen, apart from Ryan Jack.Ā 

This game has been dire though. Ā  Should have backed theĀ draw like every man and their dog.Ā