League cup quarter finals - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League cup quarter finals

20 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Big game for Morton, can't remember them in a semi final in my lifetime.

Age alert.

I was actually at the last semi-final they were in.... :lol:

Edit : No I wasn't. They were in one in 1981 that was played at Parkhead. The one I was at was the League Cup semi final at Hampden aganist the Dons, in December 1979.

Aberdeen won 2-1 but Morton were the better team and should have won..

Edited by Rossy

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were in charge of the SFA or Scottish Government or whoever makes these decisions, I'd make a neutral 30,000 seater stadium in Stirling or Perth an absolute priority.  Doesn't need to replace Hampden but it could field all those semis and smaller internationals.  You could even dress it up as one of the regional performance centres and get us some of those decent facilities that Norway, Iceland etc have. 

Im not offering to pay for it though. 

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

Age alert.

I was actually at the last semi-final they were in.... :lol:

Edit : No I wasn't. They were in one in 1981 that was played at Parkhead. The one I was at was the League Cup semi final at Hampden aganist the Dons, in December 1979.

Aberdeen won 2-1 but Morton were the better team and should have won..

No wonder I can't remember!

:lol:

April 1981, 6 months before I was born.

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

If I were in charge of the SFA or Scottish Government or whoever makes these decisions, I'd make a neutral 30,000 seater stadium in Stirling or Perth an absolute priority.  Doesn't need to replace Hampden but it could field all those semis and smaller internationals.  You could even dress it up as one of the regional performance centres and get us some of those decent facilities that Norway, Iceland etc have. 

What's the capacity of Aberdeen's proposed new stadium to be?

4 hours ago, adamntg said:

London needs the money first. Don't you know your place?

SPFL turns down bid to change Dons semi clash

Doncaster ..........." strong preference from Police Scotland that Celtic V The Rangers should be played on Sunday"

Police Scotland..." Ultimately the decision relating to dates and timing of fixtures is a matter for the SPFL "

Doncaster also said " I am sure you would agree that to have ignored Police Scotland advice would have been irresponsible"

EFF OFF DONCASTER, HOW THE FECK IS THIS GUY STILL IN A JOB

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

EFF OFF DONCASTER, HOW THE FECK IS THIS GUY STILL IN A JOB

Because we are a nation of pussies. We always have been. We continue to let whoever it is shite all over us. We will continue to accept it and that's why idiots like this are allowed free role to shaft us.

Edited by Ormond

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

What's the difference between the games being played Saturday/Sunday and Sunday/Saturday?

Taking advice from the same police force that can't see the potential problem with an old firm game on Hogmanay.....

Maybe worried if they were the other way round there would be a lot of seats unable to be used the following day?

On 9/26/2016 at 9:32 AM, adamntg said:

Well knock down the 2 dundee ones and build a 30,000 seater there....  

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Because we are a nation of pussies. We always have been. We continue to let whoever it is shite all over us. We will continue to accept it and that's why idiots like this are allowed free role to shaft us.

You are spot on. Just one major game where no f@cker showed up would force a change.

On 9/25/2016 at 1:43 AM, Ormond said:
3 hours ago, Ormond said:

Spot on.

In so many aspects of life, from sports to politics, Scots are happy to accept second, third or even fourth best. 

Whether it's Brexit or Neil Doncaster, people just shrug their shoulders and say 'ach, what can you do about it ?'.

Scotland is a nation sucked dry of any self-confidence or belief.

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

Spot on.

In so many aspects of life, from sports to politics, Scots are happy to accept second, third or even fourth best. 

Whether it's Brexit or Neil Doncaster, people just shrug their shoulders and say 'ach, what can you do about it ?'.

Scotland is a nation sucked dry of any self-confidence or belief.

29 minutes ago, Redz said:

I had a similar conversation with a friend of mine yesterday.

We really do have to start putting pressure on our own clubs.

Agreed and agreed. At times I really do f@cking despair of us as a nation in all aspects. So good at so much and yet utterly hopeless at the easy stuff.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Agreed and agreed. At times I really do f@cking despair of us as a nation in all aspects. So good at so much and yet utterly hopeless at the easy stuff.

Just remember. We are not genetically programmed to make our own decisions...

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Love how Scots who've not lived here for years can be critical of the country for being pussies. 

Maybe living more than 10 minutes away from your mum allows people to have their minds opened and get a different perspective on life ? To see how things are done differently in different countries, and to possibly see the potential in Scotland that some people who have never had the courage or ability to move anywhere else, can't see ?

Just saying like, Alan.

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

The Aberdeen- Morton kick off time is s hite, but I'd much rather play on a Saturday than a Sunday.

That's true.

It's the KO that's a bit of a bugger though. I think even 13.00 would have sounded more reasonable.

3 minutes ago, Rossy said:

That's true.

It's the KO that's a bit of a bugger though. I think even 13.00 would have sounded more reasonable.

This daft uefa rule that you can't televise games between 2:15 and 5:15 should not matter in this case. Kick it off at 3 and don't televise it or kick it off at 5:15 and put it on tv.

Edited by Mox