Autonomous Scottish labour - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Autonomous Scottish labour

Guest flumax

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

No no, they are one of the most devolved parliamentary parties in the world. It'll be all home  rule and devo max extra before you know it. 

And it will be absolutely nothing like the times before when labour became autonomous like in 2011 http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/sep/12/scottish-labour-independence-uk-party

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Looks like Kezia's index finger is acting autonomously from her brain.  Wants to run the country but can't even push a button.  

I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

"Iain watched me do it, honest".Surely video from Scottish Parliament tv will come to light soon. 

Does anybody have any inside info on the rumour that Kez was preoccupied arguing with another MSP when she should have been pressing the button? 

It would be good to think it was Ian Gray she was arguing with. Something along the lines of 

"Press the button Kez, press the button"

"Stop telling me what to do Iain, you're no ma boss anymore. I'll press the fukin button when I'm ready.............whit do you mean "it's too late"? Oh shyte."

But I think it was a SNP MSP she was arguing with.

15 minutes ago, stocky said:

The SNP could have done with a wee Defeat in this issue...  However Kezia's ineptitude sums up Labour to a T.....  

Will we find the facts?  

It was only a vote on a Tory motion so not that important really. It wasn't a vote on any legislation. They will get a chance to vote that down later. 

Ok, however surely there wasnt a full house. 

one SNP MSP must have been missing

the SNP have 64, all Opposition have 64 

Presiding Officer has last vote.

so maybe a defeat wont come ..

However the Council Tax aint right,.,

On 9/22/2016 at 1:25 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

Over at the Record, Torcuil is actually spinning this as being a "massive boost" for SLab and the turning point in the fight back against the nasty SNP.

:rollsmile:

He probably did a quick copy and paste job from the last two times the Scottish branch of Labour declared autonomy.

Been in this situation a few times from a software support perspective.  

End user does something stupid which causes a problem.  Swears blind they didn't do 'x' as they don't want to own up to the consequences and blames the software.  You look at the software and know that it's not possible to do 'x' without the user doing what they said they didn't do.   User gets backed into a corner as if they put their hands up, they did something stupid and now they've lied so they're in even deeper shit.  You can't accuse them of outright of lying so it just fizzles away.

Sounds like she's saying that she voted, got a confirmation back, but the vote didn't register.  Now software obviously has bugs, but I'd say anyone with the slightest experience of software development or support knows that she's at it.

2 hours ago, stocky said:

Ok, however surely there wasnt a full house. 

one SNP MSP must have been missing

the SNP have 64, all Opposition have 64 

Presiding Officer has last vote.

so maybe a defeat wont come ..

However the Council Tax aint right,.,

SNP have 63 + 63 voted for the Tories amendment + 1 Tory geezer phoned in sick +  Presiding officer + Kez couldn't find the button = 129.

It was nothing more than a wee prank to try to annoy the SNP. It backfired and Kez looks stupid. Even if the amendment had passed it would have made no real difference to anything really. The real vote comes later and the SNP will have to get somebody to help them get it through. Otherwise it just won't happen.

Edited by Orraloon

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

SNP have 63 + 63 voted for the Tories amendment + 1 Tory geezer phoned in sick +  Presiding officer + Kez couldn't find the button = 129.

It was nothing more than a wee prank to try to annoy the SNP. It backfired and Kez looks stupid. Even if the amendment had passed it would have made no real difference to anything really. The real vote comes later and the SNP will have to get somebody to help them get it through. Otherwise it just won't happen.

Cheers..  any idea who  the Tory was?  any idea....

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Cheers..  any idea who  the Tory was?  any idea....

Read earlier it was Douglas Ross away referring some match on the continent apparently 

Screenshot_20160923_215540.png

58 minutes ago, flumax said:

:lol: So, he's a Tory and a referee. I wonder what his next game is? Mind you, he might not be fit enough for a wee while after Ruthie rips his baws aff. This was supposed to be a well organised slap in the face for the SNP. The words brewery and pish up spring to mind.

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

:lol: So, he's a Tory and a referee. I wonder what his next game is? Mind you, he might not be fit enough for a wee while after Ruthie rips his baws aff. This was supposed to be a well organised slap in the face for the SNP. The words brewery and pish up spring to mind.

Aye, but the ref will be off the hook as Kez couldnae push a button...

This was organised and they had the ref accounted for, they didnae need him, if Kez knew how tae push a button....

anyone got the tv footage of the vote?the actual miment when she didnae press it.. was she arguing wi someone...

9 minutes ago, stocky said:

Aye, but the ref will be off the hook as Kez couldnae push a button...

This was organised and they had the ref accounted for, they didnae need him, if Kez knew how tae push a button....

anyone got the tv footage of the vote?the actual miment when she didnae press it.. was she arguing wi someone...

Aye,  you're right, but if one opposition leader is incapable of finding a button at the right time, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that another one just forgot that one of her MSPs was on a training course. Imagine the pair of them trying to run a coalition government. That would be scary.

Indication Owen Smith only win was in Scotland (58%) http://election-data.co.uk/labour-leadership-exit-poll

Is that a suggestion left leaning labour voters in Scotland moving to green /snp /rise and leaving labour to the neoliberalism of the likes of Smith? Or are labour in Scotland truly different to the rest of UK labour, and not in a progressive, left wing,  corbyn ideal way? 

To my mind, Once again an election in Scotland is contrary to rest of UK.