Mount Florida Trains - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mount Florida Trains

bluebird27

Hi All,

Am up from Wales for the Lithuania game.  I usually do The Iron Horse, then their bus to Hampden, but fancy a change now.

What are the trains like on a Matchday, Huge queues etc, how often do they run?

Was thinking of getting off for drinks in Queens park area for 'refreshments'  !!

34 minutes ago, bluebird27 said:

Hi All,

Am up from Wales for the Lithuania game.  I usually do The Iron Horse, then their bus to Hampden, but fancy a change now.

Was thinking of getting off for drinks in Queens park area for 'refreshments'  !!

If you get the train back to the city centre after the game,you should just about manage a pint before you have to head home again. 

Assuming youre leaving on the monday. 

Never had any bother getting down to Hampden. Never tried to get train back after the game, always looked at the queue and decided to walk. Occasionally just to bridge St subway if feeling lazy. 

22 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

If you get the train back to the city centre after the game,you should just about manage a pint before you have to head home again. 

Assuming youre leaving on the monday. 

Not bothered  about getting back to town. Wondered how busy it was getting to Hampden.  Flying back down to Cardiff Sunday morning.  

Wales then playing in Cardiff that day, so more beer there as well,- probably only Scotland shirt there ha ha

2 minutes ago, bluebird27 said:

Not bothered  about getting back to town. Wondered how busy it was getting to Hampden.  Flying back down to Cardiff Sunday morning.  

Wales then playing in Cardiff that day, so more beer there as well,- probably only Scotland shirt there ha ha

You'll have a lot of options getting to hampden,busses and taxis are cheap enough,couldn't tell you which number to get though. 

1 hour ago, bluebird27 said:

Hi All,

Just walk from town & stop off at the Star Bar then Sweeenys :ok: :beer2:

11 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Just walk from town & stop off at the Star Bar then Sweeenys :ok: :beer2:

The Star Bar. Do they still do the 3 course lunch for £2.50 (i think?)? :lol: 

I've never been in but the massive sign on the outside always intrigued me. I assumed the 3 courses consisted of a cuppa soup, a pie and a kit-kat :lol: 

42 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I have, and lived to tell the tale :). Seem to remember it was actually ok - bowl of soup, macaroni, dod of ice cream. 

All in the same bowl ? :D

8 minutes ago, dave the bankie said:

The Herald ran a review on the Star Bar cheap food and it got a good appraisal , veg , lentil soup , mince and tatties , ice cream and fruit cocktail , great value

Veg ? In Glasgow....come on. :D