Chris Sutton v Derek Johnstone - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Chris Sutton v Derek Johnstone

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling Sutton the best pundit in the Scottish game is, in reality, to damn with faint praise. He's clearly not as much of an idiot as that fat clown Derek Johnstone (who thankfully I very rarely hear as I don't live in Radio Clyde land) but then neither is most of the population of Scotland. Surely we are entitled to set the bar higher for our broadcasters than that they aren't as thick and inept as Johnstone.

Sutton is a professional controversialist and gobshite, and he's one of those who isn't smart enough to understand that he isn't very clever. But at least he is prepared to be speak his mind and call an incompetent fvckwit an Ally McCoist or Ronny Deila. He also seems to want to talk up the product, like they do down south but unlike the majority of our media. His niggling attempt to start an argument with Lineker, Ferdinand (and whoever else BT wheeled out the other night) was both petty and funny at the same time.

Edited by Pool Q

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

Calling Sutton the best pundit in the Scottish game is, in reality, to damn with faint praise. He's clearly not as much of an idiot as that fat clown Derek Johnstone (who thankfully I very rarely hear as I don't live in Radio Clyde land) but then neither is most of the population of Scotland. Surely we are entitled to set the bar higher for our broadcasters than that they aren't as thick and inept as Johnstone.

Sutton is a professional controversialist and gobshite, and he's one of those who isn't smart enough to understand that he isn't very clever. But at least he is prepared to be speak his mind and call an incompetent fvckwit an Ally McCoist or Ronny Deila. He also seems to want to talk up the product, like they do down south but unlike the majority of our media. His niggling attempt to start an argument with Lineker, Ferdinand (and whoever else BT wheeled out the other night) was both petty and funny at the same time.

Sutton is that smart he manged to bankrupt himself by investing in a Ponzi scheme.

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think Michael Stewart is probably the best pundit we have up here. 

I'd say so. I quite like Pat Nevin too, although he does have a habit of coming out with complete and utter shite for no apparent reason every so often. And for the curmudgeonly, 'it's not like it was in my day' stuff Willie Miller is good value; his demolition of Rangers and the Joey Barton farce a couple of weeks back was terrific.

14 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

I'd say so. I quite like Pat Nevin too, although he does have a habit of coming out with complete and utter shite for no apparent reason every so often. And for the curmudgeonly, 'it's not like it was in my day' stuff Willie Miller is good value; his demolition of Rangers and the Joey Barton farce a couple of weeks back was terrific.

Disagree about Nevin. He is an arse sooking fud. 

9 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

Sutton is that smart he manged to bankrupt himself by investing in a Ponzi scheme.

To be fair so did RBS so maybe we shouldn't be too hard on Sutton for that!

Totally agree re Michael Stewart. Showing the others how to speak your mind but without being a dick at the same time.

29 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Debatable larky. The man leading the institution did so with hubris, advised by hundreds of very well paid consultants, who were either grossly incompetent or just plain stupid.

RBS's whole worldview was skewed by the Nat West takeover and everything was referenced to that. For the ABN Amro deal they didn't even do full due diligence so they weren't aware of the shite they were buying and they bought in cash which almost drained their reserves.  Watch the documentary RBS - Inside the Bank That Ran Out of Money or read this

Edited by Larky Masher

56 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

RBS's whole worldview was skewed by the Nat West takeover and everything was referenced to that. For the ABN Amro deal they didn't even do full due diligence so they weren't aware of the shite they were buying and they bought in cash which almost drained their reserves.  Watch the documentary RBS - Inside the Bank That Ran Out of Money or read this

Wow! Talk about going off at a tangent lol ???

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 10:59 PM, Toepoke said:

Lincoln City?

Are you not a Jags fan as well? You could say the same about DJ!

Yes correct - Lincoln City...where i grew up...and Buckie is where my dad was from...so both clubs....

12 hours ago, slasher said:

Wow! Talk about going off at a tangent lol ???

Oops what did I start?

I was referring more to the few million it lost when Madoff conned it into investing in what was nothing more than an elaborate Ponzi scheme, as opposed to the reasons for it going bust.

14 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

Don't disagree with any of that larky. It's just some try to blame all of it on Goodwin. He played his part, don't get me wrong, but there were hundreds of very well paid managers and consultants who contributed to that disaster.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Don't disagree with any of that larky. It's just some try to blame all of it on Goodwin. He played his part, don't get me wrong, but there were hundreds of very well paid managers and consultants who contributed to that disaster.

I'd disagree the senior management team were to blame, the rubber stamped a deal that they didn't have nearly enough information on. To quote the FCA report "RBS decided to make a bid for ABN AMRO on the basis of due diligence which was inadequate in scope and depth, and which hence was inappropriate in light of the nature and scale of the acquisition and the major risks involved. This was the inevitable result of making a contested takeover, where only limited due diligence is possible. In proceeding on that basis, however, RBS’s Board does not appear to have been sufficiently sensitive to the wholly exceptional and unique importance of customer and counterparty confidence in a bank. As a result, in the Review Team’s view, the Board’s decision-making was defective at the time. RBS believed in its ability to integrate businesses successfully after the acquisition of NatWest; in the case of ABN AMRO, it underestimated the challenge of managing the risks arising from the acquisition." 

But we digress, Chris Sutton what a c*nt.

Edited by Larky Masher