Saturday night in Bratislava - Page 2 - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Saturday night in Bratislava

Ormond

3 minutes ago, clarky1606 said:

Yet your giving the fans who cant make the game tomorrow but can on Tuesday a hard time? They are going 1 out of 2 games the same as you are...

Nope. They are choosing a 4+ night holiday over a game of football. I'm going to a game 30 miles from my home. They're travelling 1300 miles and spending hundreds of pounds because a holiday is more important than the actual football. 

They won't even get to see the game on Saturday on the TV because Slovakia play at the same time :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nope. They are choosing a 4+ night holiday over a game of football. I'm going to a game 30 miles from my home. They're travelling 1300 miles and spending hundreds of pounds because a holiday is more important than the actual football. 

They won't even get to see the game on Saturday on the TV because Slovakia play at the same time :lol: 

They're probably just trying to avoid meeting you.

18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm going to a game 30 miles from my home. They're travelling 1300 miles and spending hundreds of pounds because a holiday is more important than the actual football. 

That's why i'm not going to the Lithuania game.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

They've probably got a cheap deal to fly out over the weekend and went for it. Given the choice I would rather spend the weekend in Bratislava/Vienna than Scotland. Missing the home game is a small price to pay for that luxury I guess... (it is not something I would do but each to their own. I wouldn't knock anyone for it)

I am sure they will find somewhere to watch it. Or I hope they do :lol:

8 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Aye? Good on them. Struggling to see why this is a bad thing. 

Never said it was. I just said a piss up is more important than the football to them. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Never said it was. I just said a piss up is more important than the football to them. 

That might not be the actual case but you presuming ? 

I go for an extra day as we go on some form of tour or a walk around the sights. It does involve a pint or 2 along the way of course.

But the football is the main reason I'm here and always will be.

Get pished is just a part of the travelling and touring of forgein lands.

2 hours ago, lyonhibs said:

My mate is a penis and missed our morning flight so I'll likely not be in Bratislava until about kick off time. Should you intrepid explorers find somewhere showing it let us know

Otherwise, the Dubliner it shall be

After a trip from bloody hell I'm a lot later than I should be. I'm now on the bus into Brat from Vienna airport. Still to taxi to hotel and check in though.