Big Sam - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

13 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Not so sure.

Obviously on a much smaller scale, but then the risk v reward is maybe a bit more favourable.

I'm sure there were suspicions over a dodgy agent that Craig Brown used when he was at Motherwell.

The Tony Andreu to Norwich deal stinks to hell.

There will be back handers all over the place in Scottish football, but perhaps 4 figure sums, rather than 6 figure sums.

I remember when Craig Brown signed Myles Anderson for Aberdeen I thought it a strange move then discovered his father was football agent Jerome Anderson. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic these punters on Sky Sports News, Big Sam apologists, makes you want to listen to to Chris Sutton.

Now touting fellow pundit Glen Hoddle, a guy who says it's disabled people's fault they're disabled. No wonder other footballing nations can't stick England. 

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

Pathetic these punters on Sky Sports News, Big Sam apologists, makes you want to listen to to Chris Sutton.

Now touting fellow pundit Glen Hoddle, a guy who says it's disabled people's fault they're disabled. No wonder other footballing nations can't stick England. 

His religious beliefs cost him the job last time this time round i would think hed keep his gob shut. Glenn would be my choice ;-) 

1 hour ago, Nobby said:

His religious beliefs cost him the job last time this time round i would think hed keep his gob shut. Glenn would be my choice ;-) 

It was not his religious beliefs it was his comment on disabled people that cost him his job, utter twat of a man !!!!!!!

The English do not have the managers available to manage at the top level in football, just look at the present EPL , you will be hard pressed to find an English manager never mind a good one.

3 hours ago, wellyman said:

It was not his religious beliefs it was his comment on disabled people that cost him his job, utter twat of a man !!!!!!!

The English do not have the managers available to manage at the top level in football, just look at the present EPL , you will be hard pressed to find an English manager never mind a good one.

With the best will in the world pretty much anything to do with reincarnation is tied to religious beliefs in my humble opinion and there are billions of Hindus that go along with his way of thinking. Religion should have feck all to do with his ability to do his job as a football manager ;-)

And we'll disagree over Hoddle because I think hes good enough .

50 minutes ago, Nobby said:

With the best will in the world pretty much anything to do with reincarnation is tied to religious beliefs in my humble opinion and there are billions of Hindus that go along with his way of thinking. Religion should have feck all to do with his ability to do his job as a football manager ;-)

It would have been interesting if England had been managed by a Mr Patel or Mr Singh at the time, I don't think they could have sacked him.  Unpalatable as Glenn Hoddle's view might have been he didn't say anything that millions of people in India disagree with.  Unlucky for him he's white and comes from Middlesex - maybe that's the karma for you!

4 hours ago, Nobby said:

So you telling me Hoddle  is a Hindu ??? - get him up to manage Partick, then we can throw another religious nutter into the Glasgow mix. 

As to him being an utter twat !!!  -  that was down to his comment on the disabled - not his ability as a footballer

29 minutes ago, Ormond said:

So, who are the others the papers have lined up to expose?

Lots of rumors on twitter about a manager who managed in England but is now in Scotland.

Clarke, Rodgers?

Don't think anything definitive though. Ether the telegraph want to milk it, or there are injunctions flying about.

Edit- this is what the Telegraph says-

Manager 1

Ex-Premier League manager allegedly liked “bungs” in cash or deposited in a Swiss bank account. Pagliara said: “I can call [X] now and all it is with [X] is ‘How much, Pino? And will it be the same Swiss bank account?’”

Manager 2

Ex-top flight manager has had “more backhanders than Wimbledon”. Pagliara said: “This is what I hate… the guy that used to need the money but he’s had so much now that all of a sudden he’s whiter than white.”

Manager 3

After managing several British clubs, he was allegedly fired by one for having “his fingers in the till”. Pagliara said he would get involved if “you understand that when we do deals I have to have a carrier bag with some cash.”

Manager 4

Pagliara said of this boss with Premier League experience: “We know him very, very well. We do a transfer, [X] has winked at us and said ‘Yeah, I want the player. Is there a little coffee for me, Pino?’ Yeah, course there is.”

Manager 5

Ex-Premier League manager who, said Pagliara, would call him and say “here’s the number”, and give him details of a Swiss account. He said: “It was always numbered accounts.”

Manager 6

A former player who now manages, he allegedly likes extra money to secure deals because he is not on a big salary at his club. Pagliara said: “[X] takes a few [inaudible] because he’s not being paid big money.”

Manager 7

Ex-Premier League manager is another “we can put on the payroll”. If a player was transferred for £10m, “we’ll turn round to [X] and say, listen, if you take this player we’ll look after you. OK? OK, boom.”

Manager 8

Agent Dax Price said this long-serving manager would pick three trusted players and tell them he was paying them an extra £8,000 per month, on condition that they paid him £4,000 per month each.

Edited by Stu101

35 minutes ago, wellyman said:

So you telling me Hoddle  is a Hindu ??? - get him up to manage Partick, then we can throw another religious nutter into the Glasgow mix. 

As to him being an utter twat !!!  -  that was down to his comment on the disabled - not his ability as a footballer

No Glenn Hoddle is as far as I know not a Hindu but at that time (don't know about now) subscribed to what was often described as New Age beliefs, an eclectic pick and mix approach to spirituality.  His beliefs in reincarnation as expressed at the time were the same as those found in Hinduism hence Nobbys comments.

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

It would have been interesting if England had been managed by a Mr Patel or Mr Singh at the time, I don't think they could have sacked him.  Unpalatable as Glenn Hoddle's view might have been he didn't say anything that millions of people in India disagree with.  Unlucky for him he's white and comes from Middlesex - maybe that's the karma for you!

I'm not knowledgeable enough to say "all" but I've yet to come across any religion that doesn't have some unpalatable beliefs or interpretations of those beliefs. and maybe it was  karma ?

Edited by Nobby

55 minutes ago, wellyman said:

Then by that rationale you must regard all Hindus as "utter twats" ? I'm sure you don't ? Hoddle was a twat for talking about his faith in his position, that I'll give you ! 

8 hours ago, Nobby said:

Then by that rationale you must regard all Hindus as "utter twats" ? I'm sure you don't ? Hoddle was a twat for talking about his faith in his position, that I'll give you ! 

You answered your own question !!  - my comment was aimed at Hoddle not Hindu's in general , i dont give a flying feck about the beliefs of Hindu's

But when a white middle class Englishman , who i presume is/was church of England and manager of England comes out with such a comment he is/was a twat .

46 minutes ago, wellyman said:

You answered your own question !!  - my comment was aimed at Hoddle not Hindu's in general , i dont give a flying feck about the beliefs of Hindu's

But when a white middle class Englishman , who i presume is/was church of England and manager of England comes out with such a comment he is/was a twat .

Did you not read Hertscots post ? Hoddle was at that time most definitely not mainstream Church of England !!!!!! Your comment appeared to be  aimed at Glenn Hoddle because he did or does believe in reincarnation,which also happens to be a belief/view held by the Hindu religion which would agree with him . Im also not totally sure what his skin colour or social standing has to do with his religous beliefs ? 

Hertscots - said it was his  "New age Beliefs"  [whatever that was ?]   -  no mention of a religious group.

My comment about Hoddle being a twat is down to his comments of the disabled  - which i am sure even the most staunch Hoddle supporter would agree was a stupid thing to stay.

To bring in the whole Hindu religious beliefs thing is not relevant to what Hoddle said about disabled people or do the Hindu's run around saying

"oh the guy in the wheel chair must have been a pr"ck in a previous life" ???

Describing Hoddle as being a  white, middle class Englishman and presumably at one time church of England ? - was trying to explain how bizarre his comments of the time were when you looked at his standing and background.

Now Nobby my old cocker does that explain things better for you ?