Squad for Lithuania & Slovakia - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad for Lithuania & Slovakia

scot scotland scottish

Aye Tierny got a bit of a doing by sterling last night, great experience for him if nothing else, he done reasonably well. 

Quite happy Brown is out the picture. He's an athletic beast, tackles etc only let down by his touch, always has been. Can you imagine Ferguson, lambert or say bannan taking a touch like that for dembeles short pass?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I think the calls for Anya at left back are a bit wide of the mark. He's right footed, and has certainly played right back for Watford.

I think the calls for this are more about him being used as cover for the other Left backs.

Did any of the media hacks question Strachan picking three left backs?

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I think the calls for this are more about him being used as cover for the other Left backs.

Did any of the media hacks question Strachan picking three left backs?

No, but they should have. He may not see it as being 3 left backs and may have other plans. It was re-miss not to ask the obvious question.

Edited by er yir macaroon

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

Hmmmm fletcher's 100 goals are mainly in the EPL. Mackie's are against the likes of Falkirk and Kilmarnock!

I didn't say they were identical and from memory when I checked this morning, I think most of Fletcher's were for Hibs and in the english championship.

Gave this some thought last night

GK- Marshall - done nothing wrong, our number 1 keeper atm

RB - Patterson - did ok the last game, alternative is Hutton. Think Bardsley or Love should get a call up to give competition for this position

CB - Hanley

CB - Martin - no reason to change them, we need consistency. If those 2 can form a partnership it will be beneficial in the long run.

LB - Robertson - good attacking threat, ok defensively. Don't believe Tierney is a better option *yet*, but certainly gives him competition for a place. Robertson needs to up his game or could lose his place.

DM - Fletcher

DM - Bannan - those 2 did well against Malta. McArthur is a great back up to have, would be starting if we hadn't won the last game so comfortably. 

AMR - Burke - looked much better on the right when he was switched, must start imo

AMC - Snodgrass - should be captain, our main driving force, been in superb form

AML - Ritchie - also in great form, capable of linking with snodgrass

ST - Naismith - think he would offer more than Fletcher or Martin, works hard, scores goals.

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't say they were identical and from memory when I checked this morning, I think most of Fletcher's were for Hibs and in the english championship.

He has never really had a prolific goal scoring record (think most folk just assume he has/had because he had a run of scoring not long after him and Levein had their falling out, which elements of the media used to bat Levein with).... think he has managed about 40-50 goals in the premiership over 5/6 seasons.

39 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Gave this some thought last night

GK- Marshall - done nothing wrong, our number 1 keeper atm

RB - Patterson - did ok the last game, alternative is Hutton. Think Bardsley or Love should get a call up to give competition for this position

CB - Hanley

CB - Martin - no reason to change them, we need consistency. If those 2 can form a partnership it will be beneficial in the long run.

LB - Robertson - good attacking threat, ok defensively. Don't believe Tierney is a better option *yet*, but certainly gives him competition for a place. Robertson needs to up his game or could lose his place.

DM - Fletcher

DM - Bannan - those 2 did well against Malta. McArthur is a great back up to have, would be starting if we hadn't won the last game so comfortably. 

AMR - Burke - looked much better on the right when he was switched, must start imo

AMC - Snodgrass - should be captain, our main driving force, been in superb form

AML - Ritchie - also in great form, capable of linking with snodgrass

ST - Naismith - think he would offer more than Fletcher or Martin, works hard, scores goals.

for which game?

I would keep the same team as the Malta game with Fletcher for Martin. Now that it's more of a level playing field with McCormack and role reversal with Rhodes Fletcher will outscore both this season and show why hie has been picked ahead of them so often.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't realise S.Fletcher had only scored 100 goals in 12 years of playing.

As I read elsewhere thats Darren Mackie style figures.

That's league goals, and 53 of them were in the EPL. If you add in Cups and International games, I think it's more like 130.

51 minutes ago, Hobta83 said:

Naismith was an unused sub last night for Norwich, think we can forget about him starting.

Tierney and Wallace both strted the season well but so has Robertson and cant see a reason to just drop him.

Just noticed he's actually missed their last few games. Got to be Fletcher then. Didn't rate Martin too highly despite his goal