Squad for Lithuania & Slovakia - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad for Lithuania & Slovakia

scot scotland scottish

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Pretty much as expected. Still no McCormack or Shinnie.

Says he doesnt pick certain players as they are too similar and then goes and puts three LBs in the squad. Sake. 

Maybe Robertson is ear marked for left midfield. Wallace can play centre half in an emergency. Tierney first choice left back for me.

43 minutes ago, davew said:

Players that missed out: Mulgrew, McDonald, Phillips, McCormack, Watt

Bridcutt, Rhodes...

The continued selection of McGinn baffles me - if the wider football world rated him he would have got a move in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, tjm007 said:

Bridcutt, Rhodes...

The continued selection of McGinn baffles me - if the wider football world rated him he would have got a move in the summer. 

obviously didn't see his man of the match performance on this first start then. hasn't moved to a bigger team at 21 what a disaster 

17 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

he's hardly going to say it is. home game against gerogia he said the same thing then admitted afterwards it was but he wasnt going to say that to the players. 

Just don't say it at all then. If the princesses in our team cant handle that they must win then they are in the wrong business. 

13 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Maybe Robertson is ear marked for left midfield. Wallace can play centre half in an emergency. Tierney first choice left back for me.

Has Robertson ever played in midfield? Would imagine Anya and Ritchie are infront of him in that queue. Even Forrest and Burke playing 'inverted' McKay is left sided as well I think?

Wallace as CB cover? Haha. 4 in the squad already anyway.

Agree with Tierney.

I dont think the starting 11 is really in doubt. Its just the options and backup's that he has are a bit batshit.

2 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

obviously didn't see his man of the match performance on this first start then. hasn't moved to a bigger team at 21 what a disaster 

I did and I didn't think he was anywhere near "man of the match" which is a meaningless gong particularly in a friendly dished out but well whoever...

Hibs aren't even the best team in the second tier of Scotland FFS - its a poor level to play at.

Very pleased with the squad. Delighted to see that Maloney has been re-called - He scores and creates goals and has a wealth of experience.

In relation to Hamilton - I don't get it. I watch him every week and he is way behind Fox and Bain in my opinion - Not a big deal as he won't start in a million years.

Watt isn't good enough so pleased he hasn't been called up. Does a lot of trying and running for Hearts but he very rarely has an end product so far. He is good enough for Hearts, not yet up to Scotland standard.

Fully expect to see Souttar called up when he is fit again - A great prospect for our weakest position.

Edited by GaryWood34

23 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Just don't say it at all then. If the princesses in our team cant handle that they must win then they are in the wrong business. 

Has Robertson ever played in midfield? Would imagine Anya and Ritchie are infront of him in that queue. Even Forrest and Burke playing 'inverted' McKay is left sided as well I think?

Wallace as CB cover? Haha. 4 in the squad already anyway.

Agree with Tierney.

I dont think the starting 11 is really in doubt. Its just the options and backup's that he has are a bit batshit.

Slovakia away could mean a more defensive approach with Robertson in left midfield. I'm not saying it'll happen but I think it will have been considered. Pretty sure he's played in a back 5 for Hull, which is not too dissimilar .

56 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

he's hardly going to say it is. home game against gerogia he said the same thing then admitted afterwards it was but he wasnt going to say that to the players. 

every single match in a qualifying campaign is a must win, if our players or management can't handle this type of pressure they should eff off.

Edited by vanderark14

The Shinnie brigade, watching the game against Rangers quite clear he isn't good enough for Scotland.  Might gave played well against smaller teams but bug games a chance to impress away at Celtic and the Rangers game never played well. 

30 minutes ago, Radian said:

The Shinnie brigade, watching the game against Rangers quite clear he isn't good enough for Scotland.  Might gave played well against smaller teams but bug games a chance to impress away at Celtic and the Rangers game never played well. 

yet 2 players from a team sitting 7th are included, they must have shown what they are made of in loads of big games

1 hour ago, LewisEDI said:

who would u replace those players with then? mcginn and mackay are for the future, wallace can cover at center half af forrest has started the season at club level very well 

It's more Stachan's baffling logic for picking certain players and not picking others that gets me.

Edited by Rossy