Fans without tickets - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fans without tickets

chooch

There is a group of 6 of us heading down with zero chance of getting tickets.  are there other groups in the same boat?

Where would be best place to go for atmosphere and enjoy the game etc?

Obvioulsy it looks as though Trafalger may be out of the question due to memorial weekend events taking place, is there to be a new meeting / hangout spot?

Any help be greatly appreciated, cheers

Why are people heading down without tickets if they know they won't get one? 

Genuine question btw, not having a go, but I couldn't think of anything worse than travelling to another country to watch it on televison when you could save money and do that at home.

11 hours ago, Spark said:

Suppose if it was a place you were keen to visit that would make sense.

Although going when there wasn't football on would be cheaper and probably more enjoyable

Imagine travelling back through that country knowing you have stuffed those barstewards though?

3 of us (probably more) going down with zero chance of tickets. Previously 6 or 7 pointers, life changes means we are now 0 pointers. Such is life. Reason to go..........because a TA trip has lots of elements and only 1 is the actual match.

Trafalgar Square is always an amazing scene and if we cannot do that tradition this time I'm hoping another area will be semi(organised), e.g. Leicester Square or whatever.

I'm quite surprised by folk asking "why travel if you won't get tickets?"

Surely (surely!) folk don't go to all these away games just for the 90 minutes of football? As Hampden View says, these trips have a lot of elements and the match is just one of them.

I'm going with a party of 8. Two of us are 2-pointers so should get tickets, and the rest will just be watching on telly somewhere, but none of them would have missed this.

On 9/30/2016 at 5:43 PM, Spark said:

Suppose if it was a place you were keen to visit that would make sense.

Although going when there wasn't football on would be cheaper and probably more enjoyable

To enjoy a weekend away with your mates. A weekend where something you all share brings you together. To experience the buzz about the place before the game and after, if we get a result. For example, folk still about being in Paris the night after the game when Faddy scored. For a laugh and a bit of fun. 

Nah, feck that shite. :unsure: 

The Albion near Blackfriars tube is the pub that LA advertises as guaranteed to show games featuring Scotland. Obviously this time every pub will be showing the game as its England but I would imagine a lot of Scots based London will know that as a pub to go to.

It has two floors and televisions throughout the bars. It will also be showing both the Lithuania and the Slovakia game.

If you don't fancy that I would pick a pub outside the central area, possibly an Irish one, to watch it in. You may also want to try and find a pub that will be staying open late as well as once you are in for the game, you are set for the night.

20 hours ago, G1983 said:

I'm quite surprised by folk asking "why travel if you won't get tickets?"

Surely (surely!) folk don't go to all these away games just for the 90 minutes of football? As Hampden View says, these trips have a lot of elements and the match is just one of them.

I'm going with a party of 8. Two of us are 2-pointers so should get tickets, and the rest will just be watching on telly somewhere, but none of them would have missed this.

I go mainly for the football.

On 9/30/2016 at 5:27 PM, Spark said:

Why are people heading down without tickets if they know they won't get one? 

Genuine question btw, not having a go, but I couldn't think of anything worse than travelling to another country to watch it on televison when you could save money and do that at home.

How often have we played them in a qualifier, might not happen again for a while so going to soak in the atmosphere of it all and enjoy a weekend we the lads.  after all the game is only on for 2 hours max 

• 4 weeks later...