Celtic v Man City - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic v Man City

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for slagging off the old firm. Ā It's in my blood, Ā but credit where it's due. Ā  Ā And less credit for not being able to hold on to a lead. Ā  Ā 

The only Scotsman who underperformed last night was Griffiths. Ā I don't even think he touched the ball and should have given away a free-kick near the corner. Ā  Ā  Ā Got away with it, so fair play - if he can do it for Scotland. Ā  :)

Celtic still don't get my respect. Ā Never will.Ā 

10 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Totally fair result in the end. Ā We missed De Bruyne massively which I never thought we would.

From the Away End, Gordon's save in the last minute looked like a cracker :ok:

I thought it looked like it went right towards him and was a save you'd expect him to make tbh.

Agree a draw was a fair result. I just look at it as a bonus point over BMG. Real chance for us to put pressure on them by beating them in Glasgow next month.

Celtic and RodgersĀ deserve a lot of credit. Rather than sit back and let City come at them (as almost all Scottish sides do when faced with an even half decent side) they took a chance a pressed high up the pitch. Caught City by surprise I think, and that,Ā combined with the atmosphere, contributed a lot to making it a really good game to watch. It could have backfired badly, but it didn't and credit to Celtic for having the guts to have a go. Doubt if Guardiola will be caught out again, and the return leg could be tough, but that doesn't matter. In the scheme of things. Celtic took a valuable point from the game, restored their confidence which must have taken a shoeing in Barcelona, and it is the games against Monchengladbach that will count.Ā 

Interesting watching the likes of Forrest, Tierney and Armstrong up against a top EPL side. Tierney is a prospect, but hisĀ defensive frailties were exploited by Sterling. He also seems a bit lightweight to me, something that really struck me at Tynecastle earlier this season. He was muscled off the ball too easily a few times in that game,Ā althoughĀ he was alsoĀ on the receiving end of just about the only really bad challenge in the game -Ā for which Cowie was rightly booked. Be interesting to see if any of the really big clubs come calling for him.

Edited by Pool Q

1 hour ago, Spark said:

I thought it looked like it went right towards him and was a save you'd expect him to make tbh.

Ā 

Yeah, I realised it was straight at him, but with the pace I thought he did well to divert it.

I thought from the start Celtic woould get 3rd, but we could now go into the game at the Etihad with Celtic ahead of City :shocked:

5 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Yeah, I realised it was straight at him, but with the pace I thought he did well to divert it.

I thought from the start Celtic woould get 3rd, but we could now go into the game at the Etihad with Celtic ahead of City :shocked:

Here's hoping mate :ok:Ā 

2 hours ago, Spark said:

Ā 

It was a brilliant save. It took a deflection whichĀ changed the trajectory of the ball. Brilliant save.Ā 

1 hour ago, Glasgowmancity said:

On another note. Hundreds of Celtic fans have had emails today telling them their tickets for the home end will be cancelled due to not having a buying history with City.

No real surprise there other than City allowing them to purchase in the first place. Strange

6 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

On another - another - note, was that the first time Guardiola has been at Celtic Park as a manager?

Or is there previous?

Celtic beat Barca with him in charge I think

7 hours ago, Spark said:

On another note. Hundreds of Celtic fans have had emails today telling them their tickets for the home end will be cancelled due to not having a buying history with City.

No real surprise there other than City allowing them to purchase in the first place. Strange

How did that happen? General sale only started today & the system only lets you buy if you have a purchase history?

On another - another - note, was that the first time Guardiola has been at Celtic Park as a manager?

Or is there previous?

Pretty sure he said it was his first visit to Glasgow.

Vilanova was the Barca bossĀ when Celtic beat them...

Edited by Toepoke

Or is there previous?

As was widely reported that was Guardiola's first visit to Celtic Park. Rijkaard, Vilanova and Luis Enrique being the Barca Ā gaffersĀ for other games.

Edited by slasher

20 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Totally fair result in the end. Ā We missed De Bruyne massively which I never thought we would.

From the Away End, Gordon's save in the last minute looked like a cracker :ok:

It was his best performance for us in about 18 months. Couple of very good saves and dealt with every cross that came into the box.Ā 

Was a brilliant game and the atmosphere was utterly wild fae start to finish.