JEANS - Page 4 - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

JEANS

Sweaty Jock

WUBBS no not a Scotland top like a said its not about the football and a football top isn't national dress, any grown man wearing a football top HAVE A WORD that's just for the wee laddies.

SEMPRE I canny mind what bar you are talking about but yes in Poland and a few other recent games I have approached these NEDS wearing JEANS and letting the image of the tartan army down  but with the help of a few folk including myself and Robert we can oust these numpties from traveling with us

I plan to get in contact with other TARTAN army groups to get some support not sure about WEST of Scotland but

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Sweaty Jock said:

WUBBS no not a Scotland top like a said its not about the football and a football top isn't national dress, any grown man wearing a football top HAVE A WORD that's just for the wee laddies.

SEMPRE I canny mind what bar you are talking about but yes in Poland and a few other recent games I have approached these NEDS wearing JEANS and letting the image of the tartan army down  but with the help of a few folk including myself and Robert we can oust these numpties from traveling with us

I plan to get in contact with other TARTAN army groups to get some support not sure about WEST of Scotland but

SJ you crack me up. I am so glad you joined this board. Not had such a good laugh on here for a long time. Out of curiosity SJ what do you class as national dress especially for a game of football? I am rolling about laughing and so glad you are really not serious!!!

1 hour ago, Sempre said:

Well I don't know because you never answered my question!

In all seriousness there was actually a guy from Aberdeen in Coyotes in Prague, who was ranting at people for wearing jeans, which is why this thread is so funny.

Hope you're joking. Did that really happen or are you on the wind-up like SJ?

(NON)TARTAN QUEEN you can look at the national dress in many ways but an idea for anyone out there looking to fall into TARTAN army line would be a white opened collar shirt a dark coloured well presented pipers jacket, a highland clan kilt (NON OF THIS NEW FASHION TARTAN) and sporran. a kilt shouldn't be a £20 number ether take some pride of your nation and get a decent wearing kilt. NO TIMBERLAND BOOTS OR TRAINERS

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE

28 minutes ago, Sweaty Jock said:

(NON)TARTAN QUEEN you can look at the national dress in many ways but an idea for anyone out there looking to fall into TARTAN army line would be a white opened collar shirt a dark coloured well presented pipers jacket, a highland clan kilt (NON OF THIS NEW FASHION TARTAN) and sporran. a kilt shouldn't be a £20 number ether take some pride of your nation and get a decent wearing kilt. NO TIMBERLAND BOOTS OR TRAINERS

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE

How do you know I don't wear any tartan!!! You sound like you are going to a wedding mate.  Certainly wouldn't want guys in a white opened collar shirt, definitely Scotland top for football, which is the Tartan Army dress code for football. I don't wear a "cheap" kilt, when I do wear mine and I don't wear it with timberland or trainers. FYI there is a reason why I won't be wearing my kilt for this game or for that matter any of the other games over the past 2 years but this is of no concern of yours but anybody who was with us for the Nigeria game at Fulham know the reason!!

You carry on SJ and keep making my day (until I get bored of you of course, but I will let you know).

4 minutes ago, Tartan Queen said:

How do you know I don't wear any tartan!!! You sound like you are going to a wedding mate.  Certainly wouldn't want guys in a white opened collar shirt, definitely Scotland top for football, which is the Tartan Army dress code for football. I don't wear a "cheap" kilt, when I do wear mine and I don't wear it with timberland or trainers. FYI there is a reason why I won't be wearing my kilt for this game or for that matter any of the other games over the past 2 years but this is of no concern of yours but anybody who was with us for the Nigeria game at Fulham know the reason!!

You carry on SJ and keep making my day (until I get bored of you of course, but I will let you know).

What happened in Fulham?

Regards,

Nosey TA (Denim Division)

I'm about to start laying out my Scotland national dress in advance of Glasgow and Slovakia.

I've made a check list to make sure I don't forget any of the required attire

Glengarry - complete with lots of wee badges from every away game I've been to, and many I haven't, so that I've got instant respect.  Argentina 78 obviously takes pride of place even though I was born in 77.  Amongst the badges you'll find other allegiances like YES and Irn Bru. Maybe a funny Tufty Club or Blue Peter badge too.   More importantly it charts all the Ted Christopher, Andy Chung and Tartan Doc gigs I've attended. 

The luxurious and impressively tall feathers that adorn it with such impressive effect were hand plucked from birds poached from every Scottish estate in the hands of murdering English and foreign landowners. 

Gillies shirt - dark green and embarrassingly tight to show off my impressive girth... with real leather laces and a huge floppy collar. Braw.

Kilt.  The orange one with rampant lions. Shows I'm not too much of traditionalist and hip with the trends. It's cool.

Kilt belt - with extra holes punched to accommodate my famous girth. The leather is crafted from Aberdeen Angus bull skin and embossed with the words to 'doe a deer'.

Belt buckle - hewn from cut offs from the Forth Rail Bridge and that big crane at Finnieston. It was smelted at Falkirk and sculptured by Andy Scott using the same method with which he created the Kelpies.  It will soon be on display at the new Dundee V&A.

Pipers jacket- thick, felted and gloriously adorned with silver braid and exactly 1314 buttons. Freedom!

Sporran- made from road kill from every region of Scotland. Includes the furs of otter, deer, arctic fox, beaver, wolf, badger, seal, wild cat, pine martin, red squirrel, bear, Glesga Cat and other rare and endangered Scottish species that only I am legally qualified to wear.  The cantle is pure gold sourced from my own mine in the hills above Tyndrum.

Sporran chain - each link is embossed with the name of every foot soldier murdered at Culloden. Bastards.

Kilt pin - a thing of beauty.  Crafted from Iona silver it depicts scenes representing the degradation my fellow scots have endured under 300 years of English subjugation.

Underpants.  Aye right!  My balls have been exposed to such low temperatures that they've shrunk to such microscopic size I've been invited to shoot them around the hadron collider.
...and my penis is countersunk.

Socks - representing the heritage of the northern islands they're knitted from a unique blend of wool harvested from the rare sheep and goats only found running feral on the cliffs of St Kilda, Fair Isle and Foula .  When they get damp from the dew dripping from my crotch they repel every known species of biting midge.

Shoes.  Brogues. With segs embossed with saltires, lion rampants and thistles so I leave the iconic imprints of Scotland in every city we march.

Fags - Regal

Hipper- Rusty nail. 

Sorted.

Edited by mingin'

5 hours ago, Sweaty Jock said:

SEMPRE I canny mind what bar you are talking about but yes in Poland

Prague is in the Czech Republic mate....

4 hours ago, Tartan Queen said:

Hope you're joking. Did that really happen or are you on the wind-up like SJ?

Yes. Decided to have an angry rant about not being a "proper Scotsman" at the people who were sat at the bar in jeans. Everyone just laughed at him and he eventually got bored and went and annoyed someone else.