Threads on here going beyond a joke - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Threads on here going beyond a joke

washboarder

1 hour ago, jock strap said:

If you mean Wibble, then he is fine thanks.

I have started a petition to be sent to Parliament to review the sentence and ask for mercy.

No offence js,but I hope this never passes. 

Horrible behaviour from him. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite MASSIVE unspoken differences of opinion with Pistonwobble over really big issues we both managed to mostly never argue about them and mostly treat each other with respect for years and years. He posted his views and I did mine. No need to clash. 

I think he is a good guy. I dare say he was an utter madman in that thread but so what. You want to judge him on that pish?

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Despite MASSIVE unspoken differences of opinion with Pistonwobble over really big issues we both managed to mostly never argue about them and mostly treat each other with respect for years and years. He posted his views and I did mine. No need to clash. 

I think he is a good guy. I dare say he was an utter madman in that thread but so what. You want to judge him on that pish?

Yes 

It was constant disgusting abuse towards someone's family member. 

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Aye. I'm happy to judge him on it. He's a scumbag. 

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

No offence js,but I hope this never passes. 

Horrible behaviour from him. 

I don't condone or support anyone involved in such antics on an Internet forum. 

I'm not about to open old wounds here and won't discuss that subject. 

Thats the sad thing about this place at times, moments of madness that create a negative profile when the person themselves are not like that at all.

You going Bratislava ?

8 hours ago, jock strap said:

Thats the sad thing about this place at times, moments of madness that create a negative profile when the person themselves are not like that at all.

You going Bratislava ?

It wasn't a moment. It was sustained abuse towards both me and dandy Dunn. 

9 hours ago, jock strap said:

You going Bratislava ?

No mate,doubt I'll be at any games this side of the year,apparently paying for a wedding takes higher priority over Scotland games. 

Bloody women....... :lol:

25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

No mate,doubt I'll be at any games this side of the year,apparently paying for a wedding takes higher priority over Scotland games. 

Bloody women....... :lol:

:lol: 

keep them sweet as you can re-birth again once it's all settled ! 

It happened to me and many others ! 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

It wasn't a moment. It was sustained abuse towards both me and dandy Dunn. 

Hence why I said moments. 

Its all in the past now, live and let live, peace to all men and women, praise to all and free the world from hurt and pain and here's to a non-abusive fun packed TAMB :ok: 

On 4 October 2016 at 2:29 PM, Parklife said:

What we really need is a moderator to rule the board with an iron fist. Who'll put up with no bullshite from anyone. Who'll sue the ass off of anyone who questions him. 

If only there was such a savior out there to revive the TAMB. 

I'm available if the price is right ? I would let pistonwibble back though . He did make this place more interesting.  I had a quality row with him once and his 1am posts were worth the entry fee on their own ?  

22 hours ago, jock strap said:

Hence why I said moments. 

Its all in the past now, live and let live, peace to all men and women, praise to all and free the world from hurt and pain and here's to a non-abusive fun packed TAMB :ok: 

You'd probably feel differently if he'd said I'm glad your brother is dead to you. 

10 hours ago, Parklife said:

You'd probably feel differently if he'd said I'm glad your brother is dead to you. 

Please read my previous posts regarding this.

It's very plain and simple to see my opinion on this subject.

1 hour ago, jock strap said:

Please read my previous posts regarding this.

It's very plain and simple to see my opinion on this subject.

Please read my posts and stop talking excrement. 

On 29 September 2016 at 10:28 PM, washboarder said:

I have been posting on TAMB for over twelve years now, sharing information and getting information from a site where fans try to help each other. ie: games info team news, items for sale travel and many more very positive things. Recentley some of the posts have become personal between fellow members which is not doing this site any favours, it has become a divided board which  i feel that i do not want to be part of unless it can be sorted for the genuine  fans who in some cases depend on the updated information. Years ago we were given bans, and the mods did exactly what they had given up their time to do ie moderate this board. In 2006 i was given a 5 day ban for persistantly asking if anyone had any tickets available for a game whereas now you seem to be able to say anything and get away with it, The mods have to realise our young members have access to the board and  persons posting whatever they want without any scruitinising the content. It is a shame that i have had to post this as i used to come on here alot, get a laugh , meet new fans. who i later met up with on trips away. MODS if you think my post is not for the good of this Site feel free to pull the plug on it, however i think many people on Tamb would agree with me. Thanks for your time hopefully we can get the board back on track.

Washboarder makes some good points, as demonstrated by some of the posts which followed his comments . 

Amongst all the drivel there are lots of useful tips and information,which is what this board should be about .

On 8 October 2016 at 11:30 PM, Nobby said:

I'm available if the price is right ? I would let pistonwibble back though . He did make this place more interesting.  I had a quality row with him once and his 1am posts were worth the entry fee on their own ?  

I remember it fondly. One of he funniest exchanges I have ever read on here. You were both bringing wives, daughters the works into it and pulling no punches. No hard feelings after neither. It was just hilarious, I honestly was crying with laughter.

question was pb pished during this exchange with parklife?

13 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Your telling me I'm talking shite for some bizarre reason.

My apologies. I should've been politer. I let my own bad mood affect my post. 

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

I remember it fondly. One of he funniest exchanges I have ever read on here. You were both bringing wives, daughters the works into it and pulling no punches. No hard feelings after neither. It was just hilarious, I honestly was crying with laughter.

question was pb pished during this exchange with parklife?

Really funny thing is that she's now my ex-wife so I agree with him now !!! I think people can take offence too easily these days. Not sure if he was pissed or not but I don't think he or park life set out to offend anyone these things just develop. pb said something stupid in the heat of the moment I don't think for one moment he's glad someone's brother passed away. I disagreed with lots that pb said especially politics but that doesn't mean he's not a decent bloke (which by the way I do think he is) we just have differing opinions on some shit which is what a chat forum is about and makes for interesting debate. I've been an interested observer on this site for years and have genuinely had my opinions changed on some topics because of the debates on here but it does seem to have changed recently. It's lost a bit of its edge. It needs  more "please vote for my daughter and her mulberry handbags" now that was a belter that genuinely had me crying with laughter ?

Don't let me undersell it. You were both being very funny but you just escalated the abuse in the most 'horrific' but very funny way with every post and all the while being polite and oscar wilde like. It was mesmerizing. I was gutted when the mods (damn them) eventually intervened with a post saying "well we are going to close this weird thread" because even they could not decide if it was genius or insane. It was genius trust me. 

PB did not like PL. It had been building (was I the only who was noticing?). Then (perhaps bevy induced) he melted down, said a bunch of shit that given the right conditions he would now freely admit was wrong and shameful, but that is what makes him a bit of nutter I expect, that is a meltdown. I can see passed that because Gman likes him. B)