Threads on here going beyond a joke - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Threads on here going beyond a joke

washboarder

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Don't let me undersell it. You were both being very funny but you just escalated the abuse in the most 'horrific' but very funny way with every post and all the while being polite and oscar wilde like. It was mesmerizing. I was gutted when the mods (damn them) eventually intervened with a post saying "well we are going to close this weird thread" because even they could not decide if it was genius or insane. It was genius trust me. 

PB did not like PL. It had been building (was I the only who was noticing?). Then (perhaps bevy induced) he melted down, said a bunch of shit that given the right conditions he would now freely admit was wrong and shameful, but that is what makes him a bit of nutter I expect, that is a meltdown. I can see passed that because Gman likes him. B)

It was the only time on here I got a warning ! A couple of days later I asked how his dog was and got 50% put on my warn bar ! To be fair to the mod I objected and they removed it because we hadn't actually used sweary language at one another ?

I think even park life got banned for a stretch once can't remember why but even he must admit he's good at getting a reaction out of people. It was a row between two people and yes PB was a bit of a twat  on that occasion but he should be given the opportunity to apologise and put PL on ignore. The mods may have given him this opportunity I don't know but the board is a poorer place without him . 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Nobby said:

It was the only time on here I got a warning ! A couple of days later I asked how his dog was and got 50% put on my warn bar ! To be fair to the mod I objected and they removed it because we hadn't actually used sweary language at one another ?

I think even park life got banned for a stretch once can't remember why but even he must admit he's good at getting a reaction out of people. It was a row between two people and yes PB was a bit of a twat  on that occasion but he should be given the opportunity to apologise and put PL on ignore. The mods may have given him this opportunity I don't know but the board is a poorer place without him . 

Oh that is jogging memories... :lol:

1 hour ago, Nobby said:

He wasn't a bit of a twat. 

He seemed to be revelling in the fact that parklifes brother had died and when I told him he was out of order,he then started on comments about myself and my step children. 

Thete was plenty said from him regarding his own family that people could've taken cheap shots at,but managed not to do,as any decent human would. 

It was disgusting and disrespectful,the board of a far better place without people like that. 

Edited by dandydunn

On 04/10/2016 at 2:21 PM, neil r said:

He's been posting here for 12 years apparently.

Has to warrant a minutes round of applause on Saturday at the 12 minute mark.

Was looking forward to that, however same old dribble another no show.Suppose theres always to-night in Trnava. I await your applause on 12 mins. I merit it!!

Things have certainly been a lot more heated on here but two massive events have happened which were always going to cause divides

1. Rangers demise

2 the referendum

Probably two of the biggest events relative to the TAMB ever, it was always going to push us to argue more. before anyone gets on their high horse, I am not blaming a particular support for anything, just highlighting that the event would always cause arguments

23 hours ago, dandydunn said:

He wasn't a bit of a twat. 

He seemed to be revelling in the fact that parklifes brother had died and when I told him he was out of order,he then started on comments about myself and my step children. 

Thete was plenty said from him regarding his own family that people could've taken cheap shots at,but managed not to do,as any decent human would. 

It was disgusting and disrespectful,the board of a far better place without people like that. 

One outburst doesn't make someone a scumbag. I don't doubt what he said was out of order and warranted a lengthy spell on the naughty step. Trust me PB was no great mate of mine and we had a couple of ding dongs and I disagreed with a lot of what he said, but he was on here for a long while and I think I had the measure of the bloke, he clearly liked a beer and probably should've learned not to post when pissed but I would still happily meet him for a beer (or orange juice ?) and if he met me you or park life I suspect we would end up at least respecting each other. The internet is a weird place and people can act irrationally far easier than in real life. Give me a shout when you are down next month and I'll take the three of you out for a beer, if it goes wrong you can beat the English bloke up (I'll invite bzzzzz) and at least you can agree you had a good night ?

Edited by Nobby

18 minutes ago, Nobby said:

One outburst doesn't make someone a scumbag. I don't doubt what he said was out of order and warranted a lengthy spell on the naughty step. Trust me PB was no great mate of mine and we had a couple of ding dongs and I disagreed with a lot of what he said, but he was on here for a long while and I think I had the measure of the bloke, he clearly liked a beer and probably should've learned not to post when pissed but I would still happily meet him for a beer (or orange juice ?) and if he met me you or park life I suspect we would end up at least respecting each other. The internet is a weird place and people can act irrationally far easier than in real life. Give me a shout when you are down next month and I'll take the three of you out for a beer, if it goes wrong you can beat the English bloke up (I'll invite bzzzzz) and at least you can agree you had a good night ?

:lol: