George Bowie - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

George Bowie

podgers1903

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, podgers1903 said:

Anyone else see the Scottish FA snapchat. George Bowie to play a live DJ set at Hampden from 6.45pm.

Does anyone actually know who this fella is?

DJ at Radio Clyde who has been there since year dot......does/did the morning show and used to be good.

Also does the club circuit with his GBX show around nightclubs.

Could be wrong but I think he is the stadium announcerĀ at Ibrox for Ranger games

So let me get this right. Ā Ā 

This guy is the same bloke whose song is currently winning a Twitter poll to be the new "goal music".

And by some miraculous coincidence he's been contracted to do a set at Hampden before the game even though the poll is still running until Sunday.

If you were a cynic you would think the whole thing was a setup.

Maybe it's not only English football that has a corruption problem.Ā 

10 minutes ago, aaid said:

This guy is the same bloke whose song is currently winning a Twitter poll to be the new "goal music".

And by some miraculous coincidence he's been contracted to do a set at Hampden before the game even though the poll is still running until Sunday.

I concur

George Bowie lives just round the corner from me, I spoke to him this morning, he is fair chuffed to do a Set at Hampden.Ā 

His music is GBX stuff, however he does the Glasgow and the Wests biggest Morning radio show *radio Clyde)and plays everything.

should be interesting.

His patter can be quite funny at times...

Ā 

37 minutes ago, stocky said:

George Bowie lives just round the corner from me, I spoke to him this morning, he is fair chuffed to do a Set at Hampden.Ā 

His music is GBX stuff, however he does the Glasgow and the Wests biggest Morning radio show *radio Clyde)and plays everything.

should be interesting.

Ā 

Does he take requests?

11 hours ago, stocky said:

should be interesting.

Ā 

Not sure if he still lives in the same Ā area Ā but when my daughters were in primary school he did the commentary for the P7 football team when they played their rivals onĀ gala day. I never found him particularly funny on radio but he was hilarious at the football commentary. I am surprised he didnt get a kicking by one of the parents. Would defintely give him the benefit of the doubt.Ā 

more evidence that the SFA are run by imbeciles. Ā GBX ffs. Ā A rave in a half empty hampden will sound dire but i'm not a fan of this pregame entertainment,Ā Ā I'll usually alwaysĀ enterĀ just before the anthems and that won't be changing anytime soon by the looks of it. Ā 

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Not sure if he still lives in the same Ā area Ā but when my daughters were in primary school he did the commentary for the P7 football team when they played their rivals onĀ gala day. I never found him particularly funny on radio but he was hilarious at the football commentary. I am surprised he didnt get a kicking by one of the parents. Would defintely give him the benefit of the doubt.Ā 

Aye, he still does the Fitba Commentary on Lilias Day, when Kilbarchan play Bridge of Weir......... Ā He is flitting awayĀ from the village soon Ā 

Ā 

Deecie., What request do you want and I will try ask him,, Taxman?Ā 

17 hours ago, stocky said:

Aye, he still does the Fitba Commentary on Lilias Day, when Kilbarchan play Bridge of Weir......... Ā He is flitting awayĀ from the village soon Ā 

Ā 

Deecie., What request do you want and I will try ask him,, Taxman?Ā 

Could you ask him to play Aberdeen FC -Ā European Song? The DJ played it in Hugo's bar in Malta and it was greatĀ :ok:

On 9/30/2016 at 6:58 PM, aaid said:

Or maybe they seen how many folk had requested it from the initial members poll and made an educated guess that it'd win the poll?Ā 

On 9/30/2016 at 8:01 PM, Alan said:

GBX anthems is the call of the neds. Once the tunes start they'll be trying to get into the stadium like zombies.

Lighten up, Alan :lol:Ā 

On 10/2/2016 at 0:15 AM, deecie said:

Does he take requests?

No. He'll do shout outs though :ok:Ā 

12 minutes ago, runningtings said:

Half of you need to get a grip, it's a bit of fun and will hopefully liven up the atmosphere.

He's a bit cheesy but at least it's a bit different.Ā 

Exactly!Ā 

Just now, Parklife said:

Or maybe they seen how many folk had requested it from the initial members poll and made an educated guess that it'd win the poll?Ā 

Ā 

The results from the SSC poll were "very close" apparently, hence the follow up Twitter poll. Ā