Attendance - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Attendance

Slide Tackle

16 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Plus the folk who can't sit by themselves for 90 minutes and then you have 6 people squeezing into 3 or 4 seats. Tossers of the highest order

Interesting someone else has notified this and not just me. Has happened quite a few times to our group. 

sitting/standing in/at your own seat seems to be unreasonable in the eyes of some of these folk :mad:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Doric said:

34,000 now so may struggle to get to my prediction but still think we can get 40 + 

18 hours ago, KennethV said:

Where did you hear 34,000 from?

It looks as though all sections in B,C,D and F are all fully sold out(plus A&,6 and 5). G1, I3, I6 and P4 look pretty much sold out too-  so if anyone knows the Hampden section seat numbers and can be bothered to work it out then you could make an educated guess at the "at least" number of tickets sold. 

That is of course if all those tickets were on sale in the first place and the folk turn up....

16 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Aye can't say I've encountered too many arseholes at home or away games, not anymore than gigs or any other events with a lot of people who've been drinking.

Even those in full gear and feathers are generally a good laugh and keen to watch the game. 

There's folk on zero points who are also complete arseholes. Last campaign was horrendous for being beside idiots. 3/5 games we had folk beside us who were complete d!cks. 

I don't mind folk who go to every game, even with the money I wouldn't be able to devote my time to it but each to their own. 

The feather cap/3000badges mob are past their sell by date though. Smacks of 'look at me'

4 hours ago, Shed_Tartan_Army_Yeah said:

It looks as though all sections in B,C,D and F are all fully sold out(plus A&,6 and 5). G1, I3, I6 and P4 look pretty much sold out too-  so if anyone knows the Hampden section seat numbers and can be bothered to work it out then you could make an educated guess at the "at least" number of tickets sold. 

That is of course if all those tickets were on sale in the first place and the folk turn up....

Think you're right, some sections won't be released yet. Would be surprised if its 40k plus....

2 hours ago, they've_been_suckered said:

There's folk on zero points who are also complete arseholes. Last campaign was horrendous for being beside idiots. 3/5 games we had folk beside us who were complete d!cks. 

I don't mind folk who go to every game, even with the money I wouldn't be able to devote my time to it but each to their own. 

The feather cap/3000badges mob are past their sell by date though. Smacks of 'look at me'

Each to their own, if someone wants to dress like that then fair play to them, no harm by me. 

Probably can count on one hand how many arseholes I've encountered at games, home and away. 

How folk dress is immaterial. it's how they behave that's the problem. 

Too many pissed up halfwits staggering about at games who think they're special in some way. I only go to the Family Section as I have my 3 boys with me and the language and behaviour is generally poor. 

It also appears to be acceptable to stand for the 90 minutes and block the view of children because "I've followed Scotland all over the world". Cretins. 

The folk wearing kilts etc have been the ones doing the least harm in my experience although I'm glad I'm not sitting facing any of them. ?

32 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

FFS Victor Meldrew lives on here.

35000 being mentioned for tomorrow!  It's about time fans got points for attending home games (this is a suggestion not another grumble)

Home points for home games seems fair enough.

31 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

FFS Victor Meldrew lives on here.

35000 being mentioned for tomorrow!  It's about time fans got points for attending home games (this is a suggestion not another grumble)

A reflection of pricing/form/lateKO, also im losing count of the times we've played Lithuania. 

11 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

8 times.

5 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat.

Im really sick of playing them :lol:

3 minutes ago, northernscum said:

...and if I am not mistaken, pretty much every one of those games have been rank! We never seem to have an entertaining game against Lithuania.

No, the home game in 2007 with the faddy goal was great (or am I just remembering that goal?) :huh:

On 7 October 2016 at 7:09 AM, they've_been_suckered said:

Interesting someone else has notified this and not just me. Has happened quite a few times to our group. 

sitting/standing in/at your own seat seems to be unreasonable in the eyes of some of these folk :mad:

For 15 years I have suffered the North Stand faithfully and notice it has been getting worse. I am sick of standing at my own seat and being squeezed by arse holes who cram all their pals in. It's usually a group of young pi shed up fellas. I said something once and almost got punched so for the last few times I have crossed to the auld fart side in the south stand (William hill stand? Aye. That'll be chocolate). Nicer facilities. Everyone sits doon. Fewer arseholes. And I'm not trying to see the game through 20 foot feathers and listening to bam pots singing about Engerluuuuund. Ach. Maybe I'm just getting too old.......

6 minutes ago, Boboblanko said:

For 15 years I have suffered the North Stand faithfully and notice it has been getting worse. I am sick of standing at my own seat and being squeezed by arse holes who cram all their pals in. It's usually a group of young pi shed up fellas. I said something once and almost got punched so for the last few times I have crossed to the auld fart side in the south stand (William hill stand? Aye. That'll be chocolate). Nicer facilities. Everyone sits doon. Fewer arseholes. And I'm not trying to see the game through 20 foot feathers and listening to bam pots singing about Engerluuuuund. Ach. Maybe I'm just getting too old.......

you are getting old I fear

mind what the terraces were like

standing up and the odd folk squeezing in are utterly tame in comparison

my first Scotland game as a kid, north stand v Norway night qualified for Italia 90

I was lucky to get out of there alive!

6 minutes ago, Bino's said:

you are getting old I fear

mind what the terraces were like

standing up and the odd folk squeezing in are utterly tame in comparison

my first Scotland game as a kid, north stand v Norway night qualified for Italia 90

I was lucky to get out of there alive!

I was at that game and you're right. Place went tonto when Ally scored. Maybe I'm forgetting how shite it used to be ;)

the perceived increase in arseholes attending is probably related to folks/society increased lack of tolerance of behavior that doesnt conform to their own views as to what is acceptable. for instance those that like to sit in their seat for 90 mins consider those who stand and jump about to be arseholes. Those who stand and/or jump about consider those who ask them to sit down to be arseholes. Some folks consider those with feathers in their hats, kilts or big flags to be arseholes. Those in kilts consider those in no colours or without TA standard issued attire to be arseholes out for bother. and so it continues. As for those attending pished, well, lets just say that it would reasonable to say there would be far more folks attending more pished 20-30 years ago. 

All in all, if you think there are more and more arseholes going to Scotland games, then i suggest it is more a reflection on your own narrow views as to what is acceptable behavor and dress at a football game or indeed a Scotland game.

As for me, i alternate my behavior and dress from game to game. last home game i was in my kilt sitting quietly throughout studying weaknesses in Poland's formation and shouting out helpful tactical hints to Strachan at opportune moments. This time will be in jeans, pished, louping about with the football a mere distraction. 

Edited by Return of Yermaw
struggling to spell behavior the same way twice.

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

the perceived increase in arseholes attending is probably related to folks/society increased lack of tolerance of behavior that doesnt conform to their own views as to what is acceptable. for instance those that like to sit in their seat for 90 mins consider those who stand and jump about to be arseholes. Those who stand and/or jump about consider those who ask them to sit down to be arseholes. Some folks consider those with feathers in their hats, kilts or big flags to be arseholes. Those in kilts consider those in no colours or without TA standard issued attire to be arseholes out for bother. and so it continues. As for those attending pished, well, lets just say that it would reasonable to say there would be far more folks attending more pished 20-30 years ago. 

All in all, if you think there are more and more arseholes going to Scotland games, then i suggest it is more a reflection on your own narrow views as to what is acceptable behavor and dress at a football game or indeed a Scotland game.

As for me, i alternate my behavior and dress from game to game. last home game i was in my kilt sitting quietly throughout studying weaknesses in Poland's formation and shouting out helpful tactical hints to Strachan at opportune moments. This time will be in jeans, pished, louping about with the football a mere distraction. 

Exactly. 

In summary, people need to lighten f##kin up bit.