Attendance - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Attendance

Slide Tackle

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

the perceived increase in arseholes attending is probably related to folks/society increased lack of tolerance of behavior that doesnt conform to their own views as to what is acceptable. for instance those that like to sit in their seat for 90 mins consider those who stand and jump about to be arseholes. Those who stand and/or jump about consider those who ask them to sit down to be arseholes. Some folks consider those with feathers in their hats, kilts or big flags to be arseholes. Those in kilts consider those in no colours or without TA standard issued attire to be arseholes out for bother. and so it continues. As for those attending pished, well, lets just say that it would reasonable to say there would be far more folks attending more pished 20-30 years ago. 

All in all, if you think there are more and more arseholes going to Scotland games, then i suggest it is more a reflection on your own narrow views as to what is acceptable behavor and dress at a football game or indeed a Scotland game.

As for me, i alternate my behavior and dress from game to game. last home game i was in my kilt sitting quietly throughout studying weaknesses in Poland's formation and shouting out helpful tactical hints to Strachan at opportune moments. This time will be in jeans, pished, louping about with the football a mere distraction. 

100% Spot On. 

Embarrassing listening to all this greeting. 

7 hours ago, Bino's said:

you are getting old I fear

mind what the terraces were like

standing up and the odd folk squeezing in are utterly tame in comparison

my first Scotland game as a kid, north stand v Norway night qualified for Italia 90

I was lucky to get out of there alive!

Maybe so,but if folk are paying £40 odd for a seat,the least they shall expect is to be able to use it rather than having 8 people squeezed into 4 places. 

Utter bellends that have serious issues if they can't spend 90 minutes away from their pals. 

25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Maybe so,but if folk are paying £40 odd for a seat,the least they shall expect is to be able to use it rather than having 8 people squeezed into 4 places. 

Utter bellends that have serious issues if they can't spend 90 minutes away from their pals. 

I concur.

25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Utter bellends that have serious issues if they can't spend 90 minutes away from their pals

27 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Agree. When you paid 2 and 6 to stand in a stadium designed for the purpose that was fine. Now we're paying through the nose for a seat and lest we forget you should be thrown out for standing. People seem to think the rules should apply but not to them. if you want to stand with your pals then pester the SFA for safe standing. 

Don't ruin other folks enjoyment. 

Also how groups of adults end up in the Family section I don't know. That rips my knitting because it's those feckers that are normally causing the trouble. 

53 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Agree. When you paid 2 and 6 to stand in a stadium designed for the purpose that was fine. Now we're paying through the nose for a seat and lest we forget you should be thrown out for standing. People seem to think the rules should apply but not to them. if you want to stand with your pals then pester the SFA for safe standing. 

Don't ruin other folks enjoyment. 

Also how groups of adults end up in the Family section I don't know. That rips my knitting because it's those feckers that are normally causing the trouble. 

For your last point,I don't think there is a family section now,bizarrely. 

You can buy kids tickets for all areas of the stadium. 

Never used to bother about prices much as always go with my sons and family tickets were I felt good value. Last night however has got me pissed off nearly 20000 empty seats is ridiculous. Those extra fans could have made the difference. The amount of fans leaving after 75 mins as well unfortunately says it all. We are down in the dumps and I am really feeling it. The last few campaigns have knackered me and lost all my optimism. We have had nothing to celebrate game wise since 2008 campaign. Sfa need all tickets at a tenner to fill ground and even that won't work if we lose in slovakia. Giz a fkn razor lol.

23 minutes ago, scotsgary2 said:

There are still a few on this board of the opinion that we are the best/loyal supporters in the world...

Maybe twenty years ago..

We haven't qualified for anything for 20 years and yet 36,000 turned up on a Saturday night to watch us try to play against Lithuania. That's more than they deserve.

6 hours ago, gaz7 said:

Never used to bother about prices much as always go with my sons and family tickets were I felt good value. Last night however has got me pissed off nearly 20000 empty seats is ridiculous. Those extra fans could have made the difference. The amount of fans leaving after 75 mins as well unfortunately says it all. We are down in the dumps and I am really feeling it. The last few campaigns have knackered me and lost all my optimism. We have had nothing to celebrate game wise since 2008 campaign. Sfa need all tickets at a tenner to fill ground and even that won't work if we lose in slovakia. Giz a fkn razor lol.

Scotland v Georgia at Ibrox for example. 34K turned up- mainly due to the price of tickets. Cut the ticket price by £10, sell another 14-15K tickets, make more money and have more fans behind the team.

Its not rocket science.

5 hours ago, TheBoysinGreen said:

We got 43,000 in for the Georgia game on Thursday night. Cheapest tickets were €30 and the dearest around €80. Most empty seats in the premium section. 

How much do the SFA charge in Hampden? 

£30 to £40 plus postage, plus fees.

5 hours ago, giblet said:

Went along last night, hated myself for it.  Soulless atmosphere, Pre match was shite, 1st half was shite, half time was shite, second half till last 5 mins was shite.

10 minutes ago, Tartan Docs said:

18,000 empty seats!!!!! The high  heid yin in the marketing department and the Committee who agreed the ticket prices should be brought to account for this.......

Both of these!

6 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Scotland v Georgia at Ibrox for example. 34K turned up- mainly due to the price of tickets. Cut the ticket price by £10, sell another 14-15K tickets, make more money and have more fans behind the team.

Its not rocket science.

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

We haven't qualified for anything for 20 years and yet 36,000 turned up on a Saturday night to watch us try to play against Lithuania. That's more than they deserve.

and these!