Puts it all into perspective - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Puts it all into perspective

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always one guy though

Dreadful news. My thoughts are with everyone involved.

49 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

As much as we love digging into them,tragic news today. 

No one should go to a game and not come home. 

RIP 

For sure.

But what's happened??

I'm outside the UK BTW, so I am asking out of genuine ignorance?

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

For sure.

But what's happened??

I'm outside the UK BTW, so I am asking out of genuine ignorance?

Supporters bus crashed on way back from game. 1 dead, 18 in hospital. 

As tragic as any death is are you not being a bit maudlin here. Road deaths happen every day I would guess in Scotland alone. This is not like Hillsborough with the 'going to the football and not coming home' stuff. Come on now. It is a road accident on the way to the football. If it was on the way to another event (say a take that concert) would it put it all into perspective. I think you are being a bit over dramatic here. And this thread is a bit like that place where everyone comes to lay their cyber wreaths. I miss Tam4Ritchie he would have been on this shit.

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

As tragic as any death is are you not being a bit maudlin here. Road deaths happen every day I would guess in Scotland alone. This is not like Hillsborough with the 'going to the football and not coming home' stuff. Come on now. It is a road accident on the way to the football. If it was on the way to another event (say a take that concert) would it put it all into perspective. I think you are being a bit over dramatic here. And this thread is a bit like that place where everyone comes to lay their cyber wreaths. I miss Tam4Ritchie he would have been on this shit.

Ridiculous post.

You need to get your head out from up your own arse. And soon.

9 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It's a football supporters forum. Pretty reasonable that football supporters are going to comment sympathetically here. This is tragic and a lot of us can relate to it as we've all been on supporters bus trips. I love seeing your posts normally, but this one just didn't need to be made.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

Ridiculous post.

You need to get your head out from up your own arse. And soon.

Sure. When a family gets killed in the next car crash in Scotland I expect you on here wailing like it is Hiroshima. Sorry I find this look at me I am grieving so much mawkish shit.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Sure. When a family gets killed in the next car crash in Scotland I expect you on here wailing like it is Hiroshima. Sorry I find this look at me I am grieving so much mawkish shit.

I understand that argument. You should have taken a breath and walked away and let people express their sympathy. What has been posted so far is a million miles away from the Facebook nonsense/sentimental keich you refer to.

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Don't care - you are an arse - you got this one wrong mate, big style.

Edited by Barney Rubble

9 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I understand that argument. You should have taken a breath and walked away and let people express their sympathy. What has been posted so far is a million miles away from the Facebook nonsense/sentimental keich you refer to.

Aye fair play. Sorry but I find this funny now. Not the deaths obviously but the folk who IMHO don't give a fhuck but who are acting all upset on the internet over a run of the mill road accident just cause it involved a football bus. What a bunch of fake whanks. The is the very definition of maudlin. Not giving a fhuck but attaching yourself to other people's tragedies. Total attention seeking shite. 

BTW go fhuck yourself rubble you utter maudlin phrick. :lol:

edited: several times to defeat the swear filter. 

Edited by thplinth

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Aye fair play. Sorry but I find this funny now. Not the deaths obviously but the folk who IMHO don't give a who are acting all upset on the internet over a run of the mill road accident just cause it involved a football bus. What a bunch of fake whanks. The is the very definition of maudlin. Not giving a fhuck but attaching yourself to other people's tragedies. Total attention seeking shite. 

BTW go yourself rubble you utter maudlin #####. 

Walk away. I don't believe people are 'acting' upset. I am not greeting into my verdejo 2015, but am genuinely saddened to hear this news, as I'm sure others are. You are in danger of making this about you, in a 'flash your knickers' sense. Let people share their sympathies here if they want. If it's not your thing then fine. Just ignore this thread. I think you have a good reputation on here for serious debate, but this is beneath you.

59 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It does give people the chance to roll out the hackneyed "no-one should ever go to game of football and not come home" though.

Edited by neil r

some disappointing stuff going on here gents - barney's a jags fan (like me) and was simply extending his sincere opinion on a tragic accident on the opposing fans on the way to a football game - facts are some folk will be without their son/dad/husband tonight with three others not doing so well which is a very sad chain of events

without wishing to appear in any way maudlin, showing a bit of empathy for a fellow football fans family (regardless of how much you can all despise the entity of RFC) on a football forum seems an appropriate thing to do

seeking to score political anti-club points in such a manner is disrespectful indeed.

51 minutes ago, Topcat said:

some disappointing stuff going on here gents - barney's a jags fan (like me) and was simply extending his sincere opinion on a tragic accident on the opposing fans on the way to a football game - facts are some folk will be without their son/dad/husband tonight with three others not doing so well which is a very sad chain of events

without wishing to appear in any way maudlin, showing a bit of empathy for a fellow football fans family (regardless of how much you can all despise the entity of RFC) on a football forum seems an appropriate thing to do

seeking to score political anti-club points in such a manner is disrespectful indeed.

Well said some folk need to show a bit of decorum on here at times