London - where to watch the game? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

London - where to watch the game?

vanderark14

The Yucatan on Stoke Newington High street is good for the soccer. Lots of tv's and they often show a couple of games at a time. Always was a healthy number of Scottish folk in as well watching us, so if you're on you're tod you'll not be stuck without anyone to talk to. 

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

The Yucatan on Stoke Newington High street is good for the soccer. Lots of tv's and they often show a couple of games at a time. Always was a healthy number of Scottish folk in as well watching us, so if you're on you're tod you'll not be stuck without anyone to talk to. 

Used to be my local - but not been in there for about 4/5 years - is it still owned by the Irish lads? Biggest problem is getting there.

I've still to decide where to watch the game, but I doubt it'll be The Albion. Maybe head to Sheephaven in Camden/Mornington Crescent.

28 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Used to be my local - but not been in there for about 4/5 years - is it still owned by the Irish lads? Biggest problem is getting there.

I've still to decide where to watch the game, but I doubt it'll be The Albion. Maybe head to Sheephaven in Camden/Mornington Crescent.

It's owned by a mother and son combo from the Czech Republic now. I think the big Irish guy that owned it got into a bit of bother from what I remember and relinquished ownership.

Given its location, it's one of the few boozers that hasn't been totally gentrified and there's a good mixture of old punters and young London creative types that drink in it. 

1 minute ago, Mox said:

It's owned by a mother and son combo from the Czech Republic now. I think the big Irish guy that owned it got into a bit of bother from what I remember and relinquished ownership.

Given its location, it's one of the few boozers that hasn't been totally gentrified and there's a good mixture of old punters and young London creative types that drink in it. 

Ah, interesting information!

Lived in Stokie for 11 years, but left in January. I had to stop going to that pub as I was told in no uncertain words that I wouldn't be welcomed again. A long story where I thought I was doing the right thing and saving somebody's life - the boss seen it in a different light. :ph34r:

Bit of a shame as I was in there several times a week - and most of the regular lock-ins they had.

12 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

Was going to double check with the Albion nearer Saturday, they didn't show the Malta game as most of Looney Alba were at the game.

The other reason they didn't show the Malta game was the timing. A Sunday night mis not the best time to get to get into London to watch a game when most people will have to do it all again the next morning. 

12 minutes ago, joecraigfanclub said:

The other reason they didn't show the Malta game was the timing. A Sunday night mis not the best time to get to get into London to watch a game when most people will have to do it all again the next morning. 

Will they be showing the Lithuania match?

are you expecting a decent crowd?