Team for Saturday - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Saturday

Bino's

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Burke has featured in 4 games for his club side since we played Malta. He's played 13 games in total this season, scoring 5 goals. He's more than sharp enough to play and deserves to keep his spot IMO. 

burke has started one club game since Malta

other appearances have been as sub, some 10 minute sub appearances

you could probably pick him fine and as said his direct running add balance in that midfield

but I think Forrest is on fire at the moment, for the first time in his life

lets use that, wide open pitch, against Lithuania!

Robertson has to play before Tierney for me as he has more experience and has played with the other defenders more often. I don't think Strachan would put in 2 "rookie" full backs as that would be a risk defensively. Patterson is in and needs to grab his chance with both hands. Tierney's time will come and I am sure it will be a battle for years to come between him and Robertson.

Up front I would like to see Griffiths, especially with us playing at home, but resigned to the fact that Strachan will play Steven Fletcher. 

I would have started Griffiths but lack of football since Malta due to an injury is a concern, only played 56 mins of football since then while Fletcher has started every game for Wednesday, scored 3 and has 2 assists in that time as well. Fletcher is in a bit of form just now.

15 hours ago, Kris Boyd said:

---------------Marshall/Gordon-----------------

Paterson----Martin--Hanley---Tierney/Robertson

-------------Fletcher-----Bannan----------

----Burke-------Snodgrass-------Ritchie

-------------------S.Fletcher---------------

This, except Berra for Hanley as Hanley's hardly playing at Newcastle and he looked dangerously rusty against Malta.

21 hours ago, Bino's said:

----------------------Marshall--------------------

Paterson---R Martin---Berra---Tierney

---------------McArthur--Bannan------------

Forrest----------Snodgrass---------Ritchie

-------------------S Fletcher-------------------

picks itself

Hanley must go

Tierney must play with form

liked the balance of the midfield v Malta and shame to lose Burke's direct style, but Forrest edges with form

Griffiths not playing and Fletcher scoring anyhow!

Roll on Saturday!

do you like football?

Same team as Malta also for me with Fletcher in for Martin. Burke can get replaced with for rest on 70 mins. Mcart hur in for bannan in slovakia to press game with same team or maybe forrest in for Burke or Ritchie there as his defensive pressing v city was very impressive I thought.anyways I think if and I think we will win on Saturday we have enough going forward to win in Slovakia or I am I getting too far in front of myself?

On 04/10/2016 at 0:23 AM, Bino's said:

McArthur is better than Darren Fletcher and should be in the team ahead of him, Bannan should partner him for creativity

You know, there's not much in it, but you might actually be right.

McArthur arguably has a slightly better touch, is better in a tackle, and scores slightly more often than Fletcher.

Fletcher has a slightly better range of passing, commits less fouls, and doesn't dive in as much as McArthur.

On 03/10/2016 at 11:43 PM, PASTA Mick said:

There are a few positions that I wouldn't be too bothered which option we go for -

GK. Gordon / Marshall

RB. Patterson 

CB. Martin

CB. Hanley / Berra

LB. Robertson / Tierney

CM. Fletcher / McArthur

CM. Bannan

RM. Forrest / Burke

AM. Snodgrass

LM. Ritchie

CM. Griffiths / Fletcher

Apart from Forrest, this is spot on.

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:17 PM, hamilton wanderer said:

Patterson was murder against Malta and saw him play v Accies for Hearts - not good enough (at present) for international football

didn't have his best game against Hamilton right enough but he certainly wasn't murder against Malta, put in a decent enough shift and deserves to start on Saturday

Just now, hannibal smith said:

didn't have his best game against Hamilton right enough but he certainly wasn't murder against Malta, put in a decent enough shift and deserves to start on Saturday

I think Paterson will cope just fine. Better than Lithuania's right-back anyway, who is a 35 year old former Hearts right winger... 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I think Paterson will cope just fine. Better than Lithuania's right-back anyway, who is a 35 year old former Hearts right winger... 

he put in a great ball for Snodgrass header v malta which should have been put away

better than any cross ball ive ever seen huttion put in

he'll do just fine