Minute of Applause - 39th Minute - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Minute of Applause - 39th Minute

Parklife

I see on Facebook that quite a lot of folk seem to be planning on appluading in the 39th minute on Saturday for the guy who died on his way to the Rangers vs Partick game on Saturday past. 

Anyone think this is a good idea? IMO it's nothing but folk being grief junkies and attention seekers. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I see on Facebook that quite a lot of folk seem to be planning on appluading in the 39th minute on Saturday for the guy who died on his way to the Rangers vs Partick game on Saturday past. 

Anyone think this is a good idea? IMO it's nothing but folk being grief junkies and attention seekers. 

How long before this thread gets closed down? ?

No, I dont think there should be applause. Fine for a Rangers game but do not see the relevance for Scotland or where does it stop. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No way this should be done, one look at his Facebook page will explain why it shouldn't be done. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Don't see why it would be closed down? 

Agreed

i Have a question for anyone who would go along with this minute of applause. What is it that makes this guy so special? Is he any different to any of the people who die daily who support a football team?

id almost understand if rangers decided to do something but there's no need at all for this to became national.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

id almost understand if rangers decided to do something but there's no need at all for this to became national.

Especially when he wasn't even Scottish or a Scotland fan. 

41 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Ooooooh you are fhucked. When your pal suckered sees this he will be on here calling you a whank, and when Mario has a few shandies he will be telling you what he thinks of you too. 

Everyone on here already does that anyway :lol: 

Personally I don't feel a minutes applause is appropriate given the events surrounding his death, a silence would be much more appropriate given that he died in an accident. A minutes applause should be used in cases where people who previously were applauded (players for example) have passed away.

That is without even taking into consideration that he had no link to the national team.

Aye why not?

Seems every fkin Tom, Dick and Harry wants a minutes applause at games these days for some spurious reason regarding an event connected to their Auntie, Uncle or Granny's scabby dug.

Boring, naff and tedious as fck.

But that said this boy left to go to a football match and isnt going home. No-one should do that ©.

Edited by neil r

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

Daft idea for several reasons. The guy wasn't even Scottish ffs.

Not a fan of minutes applause anyway.