Karamako dembele - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Karamako dembele

7 minutes ago, adamntg said:

St John's in Dundee, Braidhurst in Motherwell, Holyrood in Glasgow, Graeme High in Falkirk - I think there are eight or nine altogether.  They may not work - I know one of the problems they've encountered at Braidhurst is the boys thinking they've made it already - but there's no point in stopping now when it's due to come to fruition in 2020.

Grange Academy in Killie. 

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, adamntg said:

St John's in Dundee, Braidhurst in Motherwell, Holyrood in Glasgow, Graeme High in Falkirk - I think there are eight or nine altogether.  They may not work - I know one of the problems they've encountered at Braidhurst is the boys thinking they've made it already - but there's no point in stopping now when it's due to come to fruition in 2020.

Nah, def not.  But you have to hope that if we do class them as centres of excellence, the kids and their potential are nurtured properly which would have to include a lot of education as well.  i wander if we have the expertise here to make it a success.  we seem to be so far behind.

2 hours ago, adamntg said:

Hazelhead in Aberdeen

On 10/10/2016 at 5:07 PM, adamntg said:

Certainly in East Ren the facilities have dramatically improved.  There are still grass pitches but so many games are now played on astro and the ball is on the deck far more than it ever was when I was young.

edit : we still don't have nearly enough synthetic pitches, but every high school has one now and so do most sports centres.  Our boys barely know what it's like to play on bumpy grass pitches dodging dog shit.

Problem with the astro pitches is that they arent open at weekends/holidays for kids to use, certainly not in Barrhead anyway. The kids get in obviously as they will climb etc and I know of an older guy with a key for one of them, but they should be open all the time. Even if it takes one of the daft community wardens (who do f*ck all anyway) to come and open them at 9 or 10am, go round and check them every couple of hours and then lock them at the end of the day, it would at least allow kids to play football on a decent facility when they are off school.

3 hours ago, Kirk said:

Problem with the astro pitches is that they arent open at weekends/holidays for kids to use, certainly not in Barrhead anyway. The kids get in obviously as they will climb etc and I know of an older guy with a key for one of them, but they should be open all the time. Even if it takes one of the daft community wardens (who do f*ck all anyway) to come and open them at 9 or 10am, go round and check them every couple of hours and then lock them at the end of the day, it would at least allow kids to play football on a decent facility when they are off school.

Couldn't agree more. 

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:08 PM, adamntg said:

The performance schools have been running for three or four years now.  They may or may not come good, but you need to give them the chance. If Spain or Germany chopped and changed their long term plans every couple of years maybe they'd be struggling like we are?

Agree Adam, but 3 or 4 years ago? so it took them until 2012/13 to address the situation which we could all see was dire and getting worse a long time before that. Jesus wept. I really hope the performance schools do come good but regardless of that we need massive change in those running the game.

• 2 years later...
31 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

See he's been called up by England again for a tournament in France.

Who cares? Let him choose who he wants. It's like that Simpsons episode with the pitchforks out heading to the sex cauldron. If he chooses England they won't win the world cup, if he doesn't choose England they still won't win the world cup and neither will we, just lots of old white men getting angry about a 15 year old boy.