Karamako dembele - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Karamako dembele

18 minutes ago, Debian said:

Racist.  

Why would he be another Feruz?

To be fair, Feruz is the only other player in Scotland I can remember being touted for big things so young.

(although I see your point if the links are being made because he's not ginger and called hamish Mcdonald)

What is the boys story? Is he Scottish?

Edited by sbcmfc

Just now, sbcmfc said:

To be fair, Feruz is the only other player in Scotland I can remember being touted for big things so young.

(although I see your point if the links are being made because he's not ginger and called hamish Mcdonald)

What is the boys story? Is he Scottish?

There have been quite a few touted at a young age - the boy is 13, from the Ivory Coast and Eligible by all accounts to play for us as he has been through the education system.

I'm guessing the link to Feruz is more to do with his origin rather than his ability.  

2 minutes ago, Debian said:

I'm guessing the link to Feruz is more to do with his origin rather than his ability.  

Maybe?

I can't think of any off the top of my head that I'd heard of so young. Don't think any of the kids at Dundee united came to prominence until 16/17.

Maybe that boy that was at Real Madrid.

I can see how the name Karamoko Dembele captures folks attention slightly more than jack smith.

I don't know what it's like in Stranraer, but Scotland isn't the most ethnically diverse place in the world.

:lol:

Any perceived racism i wouldn't think is malicious.

As Debbie suggests of course Im being racist.

Both players on Celtics books.

Both players playing at a level way above their age group.

Both players mooted for great things at such a young age.

Both could/did become eligible to eventually play for Scotland through residency.

Both appear very similar in style.

But then Debbie knows all that.

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Maybe?

I can't think of any off the top of my head that I'd heard of so young. Don't think any of the kids at Dundee united came to prominence until 16/17.

Harry Souttar was playing for United under 20s when he was 14, but otherwise, you're right.

8 hours ago, adamntg said:

Eligible for Scotland?

His coach from Park Villa boys club was being interviewed on Clyde 1 there. Says he was born in London but has lived in Glasgow from age 3 months and considers himself Scottish through and through.

8 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

His coach from Park Villa boys club was being interviewed on Clyde 1 there. Says he was born in London but has lived in Glasgow from age 3 months and considers himself Scottish through and through.

Does that mean he is not "from the Ivory Coast" then?

I saw of pic of him in one of the online papers. He looked tiny compared to the other players on the park. A bairn. I think there is a huge difference between a player at twenty and one at thirteen. You'd be scared to tackle him in case he snapped in two.

It's almost as if Celtic would want to play him only for the publicity, as a cynic might say.