Ivorian wonderboy for Scotland? - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ivorian wonderboy for Scotland?

finnie

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 0:08 PM, aaid said:

They did away with schools representative football some years ago and brought it under the SFA, quite rightly IMHO. Ā Ā I think the last straw wasĀ the ridiculous situation where Celtic weren't allowing their academy players to play for their schools - I think they had a point with that as they wanted to make sure that the kids weren't being burnt outĀ - and the Scottish Schoolboys FA not picking any of them for representative games - which Celtic were quite happy with - because they weren't playing for their school.

They still have Scotland school boys who play against Home nations including Republic of Ireland.

11 minutes ago, Alan said:

They still have Scotland school boys who play against Home nations including Republic of Ireland.

The team that competes in the Victory Sheild isĀ run by the SFA and is the Scotland U16 team. Ā In the past it was run by the SSFA - Scottish Schoolboys FA - which was a separate but affiliated organisation.Ā 

Thats the key difference, there were two separate association both running u16 teams often containing different players witch competing priorities. Ā The SFA's main priority was elite player development whereas the SSFA's was in promoting schools football. Ā About 10 years ago, the SFA took over responsibility for all representative youth football.

5 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Hang on..He's played for our U15's as well. Was that Turkey game a competitive professional international? How is that 'choice made'?

I am well aware how it all works, bit if he was at all interested in Scotland, he would have stayed with us.Ā He will choose whatever team offers the most potential and opportunities. Unfortunately, that's not us. We are rank rotten and going nowhere fast. It is galling that a bigger, better nation can step in and lure talent away, but who could blame the boy? If I had no emotional attachment and a bigger team showed interest, I would do the same. Of course he can still play for Scotland, butĀ Ā I would be very surprised if he did.Ā 

19 minutes ago, Boboblanko said:

I am well aware how it all works, bit if he was at all interested in Scotland, he would have stayed with us.Ā He will choose whatever team offers the most potential and opportunities. Unfortunately, that's not us. We are rank rotten and going nowhere fast. It is galling that a bigger, better nation can step in and lure talent away, but who could blame the boy? If I had no emotional attachment and a bigger team showed interest, I would do the same. Of course he can still play for Scotland, butĀ Ā I would be very surprised if he did.Ā 

He's 13. Theres been thousands of 13 year olds that were outstanding at their age group and when they have got to 17/18 have never made it. If he develops and is still head and shoulders above his age group when he gets to 17/18, then i'll maybe think what if.Ā Right now, you'd be lucky if he's even winched a girl yet, so lets not get our knickers in a twist about a boy, and thats what he is, who hasn't even had the chance to grow up yet.Ā 

Edited by Mox

4 hours ago, Mox said:

He's 13. Theres been thousands of 13 year olds that were outstanding at their age group and when they have got to 17/18 have never made it. If he develops and is still head and shoulders above his age group when he gets to 17/18, then i'll maybe think what if.Ā Right now, you'd be lucky if he's even winched a girl yet, so lets not get our knickers in a twist about a boy, and thats what he is, who hasn't even had the chance to grow up yet.Ā 

That's a priority right there,I copped my first feel just before I turned 14.Ā 

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Looking back,I probably would've been better :rollsmile:

First fudge I touched was mauchit. I mind thinking 'What the fvck isĀ that inside!'

I had this thought that it was going to be a huge empty cavity. I mind wondering what the hell the jeely bits were!Ā :o

Edited by Ormond

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

just get him capped against whoever we have next after we are out of qualification and be done with it. whats the worst that can happen he turns out to be as shite as the rest of our players?

He could turn out even shiter than Scott Allan.... Nah, that's not possible :PĀ