Ticket pick up - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket pick up

The Laud

38 minutes ago, jcaturra said:

When I was on the phone with them this morning getting a cancelled ticket. The woman on the phone said the Bratislava pickup point is the Austria Trend Hotel.

I just got an email with this information in it.

Phoned them on Tuesday re what they'd do with any tickets not collected at the Stadium pick up. Was told they couldn't sell anyĀ in case the actual ticketholderĀ was just late getting there. Ā Then told there was no pickup at the stadium anyway. Pickups are at a Bratislava hotel on Monday night and a Trnava hotelĀ on Tuesday - and then the lady said "the last pick-up point is at the stadium". A complete contradiction to her opening statement. How is this a fair and transparent way to treat Members who rely on them for accurate information

After receiving the email today, I phoned and said, very politely, that their assumption appeared to be that everybody was staying in Bratislava, as there was no Hotel/Pub pickup in Trnava and, although thereĀ was a pickup at the Stadium, they have said that they would encourage everybody to pickup in Bratislava, to prevent long queues at the Stadium. My point was that not everyone was staying in Bratislava, so could not pick up there.Ā The girl, very quickly, said that the pickup arrangements were not her decision, and I got the distinct impression that she did not agree with them ! She then passed the phone to Siohban (wrong spelling I know), who said that their info from various TA associations, were that almost everybody would be staying at Bratislava. I told her that was not the case and she tried to justify the arrangements by saying that only 4 people collected tickets at the stadium in Malta !!!

I wasn't looking for an argument, just saying that their was a fair amount of people staying in Brno and Trnava, so they should maybe expect queues at the Stadium pick up. I know they try their best, but I got the impression that they were totally underestimating the amount of people who may appear at the pickup at the stadium.

6 hours ago, Magnum said:

After receiving the email today, I phoned and said, very politely, that their assumption appeared to be that everybody was staying in Bratislava, as there was no Hotel/Pub pickup in Trnava and, although thereĀ was a pickup at the Stadium, they have said that they would encourage everybody to pickup in Bratislava, to prevent long queues at the Stadium. My point was that not everyone was staying in Bratislava, so could not pick up there.Ā The girl, very quickly, said that the pickup arrangements were not her decision, and I got the distinct impression that she did not agree with them ! She then passed the phone to Siohban (wrong spelling I know), who said that their info from various TA associations, were that almost everybody would be staying at Bratislava. I told her that was not the case and she tried to justify the arrangements by saying that only 4 people collected tickets at the stadium in Malta !!!

I wasn't looking for an argument, just saying that their was a fair amount of people staying in Brno and Trnava, so they should maybe expect queues at the Stadium pick up. I know they try their best, but I got the impression that they were totally underestimating the amount of people who may appear at the pickup at the stadium.

You only have to look at the number of threads entitled "buses from Bratislava" to get a feel for the number of people staying there as opposed to elsewhere. Ā Pickup arrangements are eminently sensible IMHO.Ā 

2 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

I find it strange that the Tuesday pickup at lunchtime is in Bratislava.

Yup. Very odd. Fair enough the day before in Bratislava, but not matchday. I'd go as far as to say this decision has ruined my entire trip before I've even left.

7 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

It would help if they indicated where at the stadium - would assume near the Scotland end but the Gibraltar game for instance was a shambles.

Go to the bottom of page 2, and there is an "orientation plan" which shows where the pick up will be located.