Waiting List - Page 2 - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Waiting List

Fugitive

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely unfair if 1 pointers are getting tickets from the waiting list before 5 pointers. How can the SSC justify that?

I have a lot time for the SSC and they work they do as the majority of the time they do a good job. A lot of the stick they get can be harsh but when they pop up with things you can see why they get a hard time from the fans... they are doing themselves no favours if they are handing out tickets to 1 pointers before 5 pointers simply because a 1 pointer phoned up and got on the waiting list a few hours (I think the waiting list was only open for 1 day?) before a 5 pointer.

Guest BlueGaz
15 hours ago, RampantJambo said:

5 waiting list tickets secured today from our group ranging between 1 pointers to 5. The 1 pointer was the last ticket handed back and available for waiting list as of 5.30 today. They did say there was still and chance of more becoming available though.

Same, we got extra 3 with a 2 pointer, no 1 pointer in our party.  

I was lucky enough to get a ticket yesterday. I'm on 5 points and was pretty sharp on phoning up and getting on the waiting list. When I received the call yesterday the woman specifically said that it was being done in points order. But they should't have let anyone on less that five points on the waiting list in the first place or until the 5 point timescale ended and if there was still space on the list then fair enough add the people on 4 points.

I asked today if it was true that tickets were being handed out to those on less than five points (grumpy 5 pointer who wasn't allowed on the waiting list). Never got a straight answer, certainly no denial. A very simple thing to get so wrong if the stories are true. They are paid a premium for a professional service so there has to be accountability. If tickets are being distributed to 5 pointers only, fine, although the waiting list could have been handled better. If this is not the case it makes a mockery out of the whole points system.

Iam pleased I got a ticket when on the waiting list and Iam a 4 pointer.Worked out last night this is my 22nd trip away since 1999.I do agree that them on 5 points should get first chance of tickets handed back.When I phoned yesterday she said there is not much people handed tickets back but I think that's a lie.There seems to be so many tickets handed back because people are applying for tickets and with no intention of going to the game and still getting a point.I think the SSC have done right with over a Quarter of the tickets to be collected to catch out harvesters.

Edited by DINGI

1 hour ago, DINGI said:

Iam pleased I got a ticket when on the waiting list and Iam a 4 pointer.Worked out last night this is my 22nd trip away since 1999.I do agree that them on 5 points should get first chance of tickets handed back.

So I assume you're going to tell the SSC that they should allocate the ticket you've got to someone with five points then?

The 22 away games since 1999 might make you feel warm, but they're irrelevant as far as this game is concerned.

6 hours ago, aaid said:

So I assume you're going to tell the SSC that they should allocate the ticket you've got to someone with five points then?

The 22 away games since 1999 might make you feel warm, but they're irrelevant as far as this game is concerned.

If you were in the same position would you hand the ticket back? I said the ssc should have sold them to 5 pointers first and worked there way down.On earlier posts if true there is guys on lesser points than me getting tickets.If you look at it there has been quite a lot of tickets getting returned and people trying to get a ticket and a point with no intention of going that is the biggest problem.That has stopped as much as 5 pointers getting tickets.I had a ticket for the Slovakian end anyway but happy to get a point for my troubles and expense following my country.

7 hours ago, DINGI said:

Iam pleased I got a ticket when on the waiting list and Iam a 4 pointer.Worked out last night this is my 22nd trip away since 1999.I do agree that them on 5 points should get first chance of tickets handed back.When I phoned yesterday she said there is not much people handed tickets back but I think that's a lie.There seems to be so many tickets handed back because people are applying for tickets and with no intention of going to the game and still getting a point.I think the SSC have done right with over a Quarter of the tickets to be collected to catch out harvesters.

The ticket pick up over there doesn't stop harvesting, they've been having pick ups for what 15 years, probably more, and it still goes on. it's an excuse for a jolly at our expense, The only way it would work is 100% pick up which is not practical in most cases. However it is practical when there is a small allocation, like Slovakia and it is with small allocations (with low ticket prices) where harvesting is a bigger problem. If the SSC are serious about dealing with harvesting why are disregarding they disregarding the points system themselves?

1 hour ago, DINGI said:

If you were in the same position would you hand the ticket back? I said the ssc should have sold them to 5 pointers first and worked there way down.On earlier posts if true there is guys on lesser points than me getting tickets.If you look at it there has been quite a lot of tickets getting returned and people trying to get a ticket and a point with no intention of going that is the biggest problem.That has stopped as much as 5 pointers getting tickets.I had a ticket for the Slovakian end anyway but happy to get a point for my troubles and expense following my country.

But I'm not in the same position as you though and I'm not the one being hypocritical here.

Fair enough, you've benefited from the SSC making it up as they go along, but if you were bothered, really bothered, about fairness, you'd be giving the ticket back, especially when you already have a ticket for the match.

Just now, aaid said:

But I'm not in the same position as you though and I'm not the one being hypocritical here.

Fair enough, you've benefited from the SSC making it up as they go along, but if you were bothered, really bothered, about fairness, you'd be giving the ticket back, especially when you already have a ticket for the match.

What if when he returns ticket, someone on 2 points then benefits?

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, DINGI said:

If you were in the same position would you hand the ticket back?

Of course he wouldn't.  You have done nothing wrong and benefited from the mistake the SSC has made.  It is them that should be held to account, not you.  You can still go to the game thinking it was unfair you got a ticket - but nothing wrong with that.  Enjoy !!

14 minutes ago, aaid said:

Read my post, I said so that someone with five points can get it.

Someone on five points should have got it before now but that's not the way the SSC works :). It might be this guy goes up to 5 points and 5 pointer like me goes down to 4 for the next game. Don't really blame the guy but he should never have been allowed on the waiting list first place.

the waiting lists are not based on points. End of arguments. The handling of this waiting list was really poor. I asked before tickets sold out if there would be one and they were unsure. There should be a waiting list for all games imo.

28 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Of course he wouldn't.  You have done nothing wrong and benefited from the mistake the SSC has made.  It is them that should be held to account, not you.  You can still go to the game thinking it was unfair you got a ticket - but nothing wrong with that.  Enjoy !!

Agreed. He shouldn't of got the ticket in the first place but it is SSC who are at fault, not him. Allocations will be small for Lithuania and Slovenia next year so every point is of value right now if your around the middle mark.

Let's be honest how many of the TA would be honest enough to hand back the ticket and refuse the point.....

Edited by clarky1606

5 minutes ago, Parsno1 said:

the waiting lists are not based on points. End of arguments. The handling of this waiting list was really poor. I asked before tickets sold out if there would be one and they were unsure. There should be a waiting list for all games imo.

Really? I didn't know that, I've never seen any communications from the SSC on the criteria of waiting lists. How were told this is the case? This from the email sent to me from the SSC and it suggests to me the waiting list are based on points  "We will be distributing the cancelled tickets to members that are on 5 points and are on our waiting list". There must be many members out there that didn't know the waiting lists are open to all

49 minutes ago, Kilwinning TA said:

It's certainly not done on points, I got one on 3 and my mate got one on 2 points

Easy to resolve, only credit 5 pointers with a point. I'm sure Kilwinning TA and mates would accept this.

SFA  must act to show fairness.