Waiting List - Page 3 - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Waiting List

Fugitive

3 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Easy to resolve, only credit 5 pointers with a point. I'm sure Kilwinning TA and mates would accept this.

SFA  must act to show fairness.

That would seem an eminently sensible compromise solution to this farcical situation that the SSC have created.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit face palming for me.

5 pointers who missed out get exclusive access to the waiting list for the remainder of the period (usually 24 hours). Don't bother calling if you are not on the allocated points.

Then the next window opens and 4 pointers can add their name to the list, and so on until we get to 0.

Then returns are allocated to the lists according to the points and the time those people were added to the list.

This continues until the end of the returned tickets.

Its so simple it's laughable. If I were on 5 and missed out, what a kick in the nads to

a) Not be allowed on the list then

b ) Have members on lower points get those tickets, and then be awarded a point that could then mean they now are in the same bracket as you.

Not blaming those who are in lower points phoning up and chancing it. The blame for this debacle lies solely at the SSCs feet.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

1 hour ago, aaid said:

So does that make it right then?

No it doesn't but I never said it did. I'm just being honest...

You see on here the amount of squabbling that goes on regarding the points system so not many would turn down the chance of an extra point whether it is deserved or not

Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, clarky1606 said:

No it doesn't but I never said it did. I'm just being honest...

You see on here the amount of squabbling that goes on regarding the points system so not many would turn down the chance of an extra point whether it is deserved or not

It is deserved though, you just followed the procedure that the SSC set up and were given a ticket. If you don't get a point, I would complain to them.  

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

It is deserved though, you just followed the procedure that the SSC set up and were given a ticket. If you don't get a point, I would complain to them.  

Those on less than 5 points who called up, got on the waiting list and were lucky enough to get a ticket I say fair play to them because it was the SSC who has allowed this to happen, the people benefiting are only taking advantage of the situation presented to them.

Whether the ticket & point is 100% deserved or not depends on what side of the fence your on.... the person receiving the ticket will say deserved because they put their name forward and were given one from the SSC... those on 5 points who are still on the waiting list (or not allowed on the waiting list) will likely disagree.

The only thing we can agree on here is it is the SSC who have caused this situation.

SFA will escape serious abuse because everyone who wants a ticket will get one somewhere in the ground.

Need ATAC to nail this down at next meeting as it is a ridiculous situation.

We cannot have someone on 4 or less points getting a ticket and a point whilst those on 5 miss out.

With only a handful of 5 pointers getting tickets in the sale, it is unfair anyone under 5 getting them on the reserve list before a 5 pointer.  Thats something the SFA need to address and fair play to the folk who got one, but if it was me i'd be peeved off.

4 hours ago, aaid said:

Read my post, I said so that someone with five points can get it.

No you didn't. 

But my point was that if someone on 4 points can get one then what's saying him returning it allows it to go to a 2 pointer judging by the way the waiting list works?

Whilst I don't disagree with the anger felt by fans on 5 points, who may miss out, where others on less points may gain; what's been overlooked in this argument is that a number (we'll never know how many) of people of 5+ points that have been asked to collect, have mysteriously had to hand the ticket back in.

I appreciate that some of those handed back will have had genuine reasons for not travelling, but there are others who simply applied (harvested) with no intention of going. Now if those folk had not done that, some of the 5 pointers who are rightfully aggrieved at the moment, might have got one at the first time of asking.

There's no straight forward answer to the problem, but for people complaining about fairness in a 4 pointer getting a point for going, there are undoubtedly folk on 6,7,8,9 points who are also getting a point for watching the game in their local pub.

My mate on 0 points phoned the ssc last Friday to get put on the Slovakia ticket 'waiting list' and got to add his name on no problem.
He just received a call from SSC no less than 10minutes ago, telling him he has a ticket. He's fecking delighted!

-_-

13 minutes ago, Zander_14 said:

My mate on 0 points phoned the ssc last Friday to get put on the Slovakia ticket 'waiting list' and got to add his name on no problem.
He just received a call from SSC no less than 10minutes ago, telling him he has a ticket. He's fecking delighted!

-_-

Did he? aye. 

1 hour ago, Zander_14 said:

-_-

They just phoned me to offer me a ticket and I didnae even apply for one.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Knoxville said:

Being elite, these threads always make me chuckle!  

Can someone start up a "it's not fair I can't get a ticket despite not going to the games and building up points" thread please? :spin:

you thinking you are elite makes me chuckle John Boy

On 06/10/2016 at 9:08 AM, Tartan Bairn said:

Once the Sale finished of tickets it surely cant be that hard to setup 'A Waiting list' ticket portal and limit it to x amount of tickets available in this case for all 5 pointers, next day down to 4 pointers etc until the list is full. It would keep things as fair as possible.

No it wouldn't 

10 hours ago, aaid said:

But I'm not in the same position as you though and I'm not the one being hypocritical here.

Fair enough, you've benefited from the SSC making it up as they go along, but if you were bothered, really bothered, about fairness, you'd be giving the ticket back, especially when you already have a ticket for the match.

But you are being hypocritical telling him he should return his ticket when there is no way in the world you would do the same if you were in the same position

5 hours ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

But you are being hypocritical telling him he should return his ticket when there is no way in the world you would do the same if you were in the same position

As before, I'm not in the same situation, and you don't know what I would or wouldn't do if I were.

Edited by aaid

11 hours ago, aaid said:

As before, I'm not in the same situation, and you don't know what I would or wouldn't do if I were.

It's bloody obvious what you would do! Yet you're lecturing the lad with 4 points for not returning his ticket.

Can understand your annoyance with the ssc but telling someone else he should return his ticket is laughable.

21 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

It's bloody obvious what you would do! Yet you're lecturing the lad with 4 points for not returning his ticket.

Can understand your annoyance with the ssc but telling someone else he should return his ticket is laughable.

Actually, what annoyed me with the OP was the way, having got a hold of a ticket he probably shouldn't have done, he came on here trying to make out that he felt bad about it and at the same time trying to justify the situation by saying he'd gone to 22 games since 1999.

More than a bit hypocritical, IMHO