Ive got it!!!! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ive got it!!!!

deso1

1).We haven't qualified for 20 years.

2). Our league is shocking.

3). Our style of play has deteriorated.

4). our stadium is outdated, our fans are becoming less involved and behaving worse.

5). There is corruption throughout the game.

6). Our game is run by an Englishman with no idea or stake in it.

6). MANY MANY other problems

LETS CHANGE THE MUSIC...........SORTED!

43 minutes ago, deso1 said:

1).We haven't qualified for 20 years.

2). Our league is shocking.

3). Our style of play has deteriorated.

4). our stadium is outdated, our fans are becoming less involved and behaving worse.

5). There is corruption throughout the game.

6). Our game is run by an Englishman with no idea or stake in it.

6). MANY MANY other problems

LETS CHANGE THE MUSIC...........SORTED!

I'm not keen on Stewart Regan either but his nationality has feck all to do with it.

If an Englishman one day becomes Scotland manager I'd have no problem with that.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

9 minutes ago, McDange said:

#6 is irrelevant. Half the team is English... 

I'll support anyone who leads or pulls on the dark blue (or pink!) 

Correct with regards his nationality. 

The issue with Regan though is that he has a distinct inability to promote the Scottish game.

Edited by WeLuvIrnBru
Typo

Sorry I wasn't trying to imply that being ENGLISH was the problem(I was only stating a fact)..........I just find his attitude to be all wrong and if he were Scottish it would be more than a wage. As others said, most of the team are English and I wouldn't care if we had an English manager, so long as he cared about the job/results.

4 hours ago, deso1 said:

Sorry I wasn't trying to imply that being ENGLISH was the problem(I was only stating a fact)..........I just find his attitude to be all wrong and if he were Scottish it would be more than a wage. As others said, most of the team are English and I wouldn't care if we had an English manager, so long as he cared about the job/results.

So if you don't think the fact that Stewart Regan being English is relevant why did you refer to him as an Englishman?  

You could just have easily said we have a man running our game.

Edited by aaid

There is a direct correlation between the awesome support of Scotland fans and the awesome shiteness of the SFA and SPL etc.

Scotland fans are arguably the most loyal fans in the world, we are top five in our level of support and that includes some nations who are so small they distort the figures. I've posted the survey before.

Scottish fans are unbelievable in their loyalty to their 'club'. And that is sadly why you have an unbelievably bad SFA. We could psychoanalyze this all day but it comes down to your blind loyalty. They just know you will come no matter how much they rip the pish out of you, overcharge you and treat you like cattle. You need to develop a ruthless and nasty side to fukk the SFA while keeping your 'loyalty buzz 'going with the team. Jeezo it is not that hard to work out. You have the power to bring these SFA whanks to their knees like no other support. 

I am starting to think the day 'we' as a cohesive force tackle the SFA is the day 'we' can think maybe we are ready as a nation. It is a reverse canary test. As long as the SFA canary exists as it does, we are not ready. They are piss taking useless khunts and Barry Hearn was right. Fux sake.

Edited by thplinth
Usual grammar and spelling carnage

17 minutes ago, aaid said:

So if you don't think the fact that Stewart Regan being English is relevant why did you refer to him as an Englishman?  

You could just have easily said we have a man running our game.

Because I believe the FACT he is not Scottish is partly why he has no stake in our performances.

1 minute ago, deso1 said:

Because I believe the FACT he is not Scottish is partly why he has no stake in our performances.

The guy is an administrator.  Do you seriously believe that he deliberately does a bad job because he's not Scottish?

7 hours ago, deso1 said:

Sorry I wasn't trying to imply that being ENGLISH was the problem...

2 hours ago, deso1 said:

:lol:

You're playing a fkin blinder here.

Edited by neil r

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

There is a direct correlation between the awesome support of Scotland fans and the awesome shiteness of the SFA and SPL etc.

Scotland fans are arguably the most loyal fans in the world, we are top five in our level of support and that includes some nations who are so small they distort the figures. I've posted the survey before.

Scottish fans are unbelievable in their loyalty to their 'club'. And that is sadly why you have an unbelievably bad SFA. We could psychoanalyze this all day but it comes down to your blind loyalty. They just know you will come no matter how much they rip the pish out of you, overcharge you and treat you like cattle. You need to develop a ruthless and nasty side to fukk the SFA while keeping your 'loyalty buzz 'going with the team. Jeezo it is not that hard to work out. You have the power to bring these SFA whanks to their knees like no other support. 

I am starting to think the day 'we' as a cohesive force tackle the SFA is the day 'we' can think maybe we are ready as a nation. It is a reverse canary test. As long as the SFA canary exists as it does, we are not ready. They are piss taking useless khunts and Barry Hearn was right. Fux sake.

Drunken rant deleted

Edited by Graham of Montrose
Drink

2). Our league is a lot better than people give it credit. Unfortunately to many people sit and watch English premiership in pubs our the house.

3). Our style of play has improved under Strachan. Attacking and skilful.

5). Think you are getting the corruption of fifa, Telegraph stories mixed up with a cash poor domestic game.

6). The game is run by SPFL and SFA with separate and over lapping duties. A chief exec is appointed by the board and is a figurehead but has limited power.

Maybe it's not the SFA. Maybe it's the grass roots that is the problem, with too much emphasis on winning games. Coaches go on the courses, but then can't implement because of pressure from the parents on the sidelines, so we use the bigger boys, and boot the ball up the park. Plus we don't work hard enough. The players that do make it to the bigger stage are the ones that stay behind after coaching and do extra. But they are in the minority. Everyone at the top level knows what we need to do (they all said it in the last episode of 'Scotlands Game'). The problem is the message is diluted on the way down the chain. 

Still, I'll be there on Saturday!!

16 hours ago, neil r said:

:lol:

You're playing a fkin blinder here.

Not saying I agree with deso1 necessarily, but the two posts you quoted don't mean the same thing. There is a clear difference i.e. being English is not the problem, but not being Scottish is.

Just thought I'd helpfully point that out.

23 hours ago, thplinth said:

I agree with all of this. 

The main problem is that the only was they will listen if no one puts their hand in their pocket. 

But as you stated,blind loyalty will make sure that never happens. 

Would love to see a game played at an empty hampden,not a small game,but the England one,but it simply won't happen. 

If the members boycott,they will simply sell to other mugs that will happily pay the prices. 

15 hours ago, Alan said:

2). Our league is a lot better than people give it credit. Unfortunately to many people sit and watch English premiership in pubs our the house.

3). Our style of play has improved under Strachan. Attacking and skilful.

5). Think you are getting the corruption of fifa, Telegraph stories mixed up with a cash poor domestic game.

6). The game is run by SPFL and SFA with separate and over lapping duties. A chief exec is appointed by the board and is a figurehead but has limited power.

1).I think our league has better players than it gets the credit for(ie its on a par with the English championship), but I think its poor for top level.

2). I disagree about our style of play (im a win at all costs guy) no point being skilful if you don't win games.

3). Im not getting the corruption stories mixed up, I just think you don't need to be Sherlock holmes (or taggart) to know football is corrupt everywhere.

4). Figurehead or not......we've failed throughout his time and no improvement in the pipeline, so he should go.