Sportsound Last Night - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sportsound Last Night

Donaldo87

Barry Ferguson stole the show last night with his "but why would any manager ever want to leave Rangers, i just don't get it? Only the top 4 teams in England are bigger in the UK". 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Barry Ferguson stole the show last night with his "but why would any manager ever want to leave Rangers, i just don't get it? Only the top 4 teams in England are bigger in the UK". 

That was comical, so much so that you might have thought it was sarcastic in some way, but no, wee Barry who was too far away from home in Blackburn, thinks rangers are the 5th or 6th biggest club in the UK. Pathetic.

Such a blind, bigoted wee scrote of a man. And with extra special ned features too. 

I found it amusing a few weeks ago, when Ferguson was slaughtering Ian Cathro and noted how poor he was at doing the media side of the job and his interview after the Raith game.  Barry felt like it it was necessary to tell us all that he (Barry Ferguson)  had received no media training...no shit Sherlock!!

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

haha that was funny too.

The Rangers job will be a massive attraction to some, especially the likes of Ferguson who is king hun. McLiesh who is out of work will also jump at it because he's a "Rangers Man". 

The truth is the Rangers job doesn't hold the attraction it used to.

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

Aye, the same Barry Ferguson who left Rangers. 

Twice. 

8 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Aye, the same Barry Ferguson who left Rangers. 

Twice. 

:lol: 

Good point. I never thought of that! Although the second time he was clearly told he had no future there. 

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Kris Boyd is another one like Billy Brown, a totally bitter twat. 

What do the BBC see in these idiots and why do they think their opinions should be heard. 

I heard Boyd on 5 live a few weeks ago, talking about how Sport scientists and dieticians etc have no place in the modern game, the man is a complete whopper.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I heard Boyd on 5 live a few weeks ago, talking about how Sport scientists and dieticians etc have no place in the modern game, the man is a complete whopper.

What am absolute clown, some of our players, coaches and managers really are stuck in the dark ages.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

frighteningly enough he was on the cringe worthy 'monday breakfast club' this week with george whats-his-face and another ex pro, surprisingly he came across ok and nearly knowledgeable 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Can you remember what reasons he gave for this unbelievable stupidity ?

I feel sorry for the fans whose team Boyd eventually gets his first management job with and then proceeds to screw up. And he'll get a club, his pals in the media will see to that.

"They may take our lives but they'll never take ma cheeseburger !"

12 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Still a very good player for Scotland... Irrespective of whether you think you can't do that if you rate highly on the nedometer and doesn't travel well.

He was a good player for Scotland who missed way too many games due to him prioritising playing for his club over playing for Scotland (not saying that's wrong btw...). 

His international career also ended because he got pished 3 days before an international and flicked the V to the press when sat on the Scotland bench. 

He rates so highly on the Nedometer that he's a rung above Shellsuit Boab.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone hear sportsound last night. The guest was Andy McLaren, his thoughts on football becoming middle class were really interesting. He works with a charity which doesn't charge kids for football. Worth a listen if anyone has the time.

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Did anyone hear sportsound last night. The guest was Andy McLaren, his thoughts on football becoming middle class were really interesting. He works with a charity which doesn't charge kids for football. Worth a listen if anyone has the time.

He does raise some very valid, interesting points.  He came across very well and he's certainly passionate about his work.

Edited by BremnerLorimerGray

9 minutes ago, Boynze said:

graham spiers came across as a knob last,

Didn't he just?! Sounds like great, selfless work that McLaren is doing. Although there were only a few snatches of stories of the kids he's working with, it really is heartbreaking. It's a world that i suspect most of us are far removed from but what some of the kids and their families McLaren works with must struggle with is so, so sad. 

I'm not sure of the answer in a football sense but i do agree with the general point that football is far too expensive. I know that for our game of five-a-sides the pitch is £35/hr. And with very few pitches around, it's little wonder we have less kids playing football, especially in disadvantaged areas. How we fix this? I don't know. I know the school opposite me has an astroturf pitch which is left open for kids to play constantly. However, this is in a relatively well off area and the pitch is never damaged. I'm not sure if schools/sports centres in more deprived areas also leave their pitches freely accessible? 

Aye came on here this morning to talk about last nights sportsound. Really interesting. 

Spiers did sound like a complete rocket.

Spot on about the costs. I think part of the problem is saying that football is 'middle class' gets some peoples back up. "oh im not middle class" so maybe not the right word to use but it certainly is too expensive and as they say its not just the pitches its everything now. 

2 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

Aye came on here this morning to talk about last nights sportsound. Really interesting. 

Spiers did sound like a complete rocket.

Spot on about the costs. I think part of the problem is saying that football is 'middle class' gets some peoples back up. "oh im not middle class" so maybe not the right word to use but it certainly is too expensive and as they say its not just the pitches its everything now. 

Spiers sounded completely deranged.

Go to any village  in Europe and there's a grass football pitch with nets. Our councillors don't put the interests of the populace first. Any chance to cover waste ground with two hundred houses and they'll grab it. It wouldn't even occur to them to put in a free community football pitch, nature reserve or whatever - these are only ever put in as mitigating make weights for some commercial, destructive operation.

On 3/21/2017 at 8:50 AM, BremnerLorimerGray said:

He does raise some very v

On 3/22/2017 at 8:11 AM, Boynze said:

graham spiers came across as a knob last, talking rubbish and completely missing the point that McLaren was making.

really can't be doing with him, tries to be too smart for his own good.

On 3/22/2017 at 8:31 AM, Parklife said:

Didn't he just?! Sounds like great, selfless work that McLaren is doing. Although there were only a few snatches of stories of the kids he's working with, it really is heartbreaking. It's a world that i suspect most of us are far removed from but what some of the kids and their families McLaren works with must struggle with is so, so sad. 

I'm not sure of the answer in a football sense but i do agree with the general point that football is far too expensive. I know that for our game of five-a-sides the pitch is £35/hr. And with very few pitches around, it's little wonder we have less kids playing football, especially in disadvantaged areas. How we fix this? I don't know. I know the school opposite me has an astroturf pitch which is left open for kids to play constantly. However, this is in a relatively well off area and the pitch is never damaged. I'm not sure if schools/sports centres in more deprived areas also leave their pitches freely accessible? 

alid, interesting points.  He came across very well and he's certainly passionate about his work.

Mclaren was back on last night to say thank you to sportsound. A number of donations have been made to the charity McLaren works for.

McLaren also hit back at Spiers after his ridiculous comments. I've never really disliked Spiers, I always felt he told it like it was and he never sucked up to any club the way Chick Young did. He's made an absolute up with his latest comments.