Sportsound Last Night - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sportsound Last Night

Donaldo87

2 minutes ago, JECK said:

I've noticed you can hear the nerves in his voice once he's realised he's started waffling on a bit and his point has went off on a tangent. Also once he's realised he hasn't contributed for a while he'll roll out a cliche that will include"..and it will be great for Scottish football". 

I think media companies should start giving proper job interviews to these players in the twilight of their careers looking to get into cooshty punditry business. Weed out the drab, useless fkers. Listeners are tired of being subjected to cliche driven incoherent ramblings. It's a tired format. 

Your point's a good one, BUT look how Derek Ferguson has grown into the job - never the most articulate but always an enthusiast, and thankfully never sent to Ibrox by the BBC. Covers Hamilton, Motherwell and Thistle pretty well - I even heard him use the word 'aforementioned' the other week. He was slated for being inarticulate when he first came on air. As was Ryan Stevenson, who also went on to be reasonably decent before going to Australia. Until you actually do the job.......

Commons and McDonald are both articulate people who will hopefully eventually take the place of the 80s relics  Miller and McLeod, so no issue with them cutting their teeth right now. If they have the odd wobbly moment, then so what? We've all had them in our jobs.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Your point's a good one, BUT look how Derek Ferguson has grown into the job - never the most articulate but always an enthusiast, and thankfully never sent to Ibrox by the BBC. Covers Hamilton, Motherwell and Thistle pretty well - I even heard him use the word 'aforementioned' the other week. He was slated for being inarticulate when he first came on air. As was Ryan Stevenson, who also went on to be reasonably decent before going to Australia. Until you actually do the job.......

Commons and McDonald are both articulate people who will hopefully eventually take the place of the 80s relics  Miller and McLeod, so no issue with them cutting their teeth right now. If they have the odd wobbly moment, then so what? We've all had them in our jobs.

Agree on McLeod but not Miller, Miller is usually sent to Aberdeen games. McLeod is nothing more than a Celtic fan boy whereas Miller is often scathing of the dons even when they play well. I'd get rid of chick young asap, he's useless. Stewart is one of the best pundits on tv and radio.

Mcdonald is a sulk, look back in this thread. He admitted that he would dive to gain an advantage then threw the toys out of the pram when spiers pulled him up on it. 

Ill admit to having and irrational dislike of Commons, he always came across as a player who had zero interest in Scotland, far too arrogant for a player of limited ability. It's not wobbly moments it's his boring nature and the fact he just rolls out soundbites about Celtic

Derek Ferguson is a fave of mine as he's honest about his mistakes, is enthusiastic about our game and once tried to say synthetic 3 or 4 times before giving up.

"Sino, snthee, synthaha, ehm plastic pitches."

16 hours ago, Alan said:

Derek Ferguson is a fave of mine as he's honest about his mistakes, is enthusiastic about our game and once tried to say synthetic 3 or 4 times before giving up.

"Sino, snthee, synthaha, ehm plastic pitches."

Aye - I've grown to like him as well, he makes a few mistakes (don't we all) but he loves our game & talks our language - i'm also in a minority as I always thought he was a better player than his wee brother ??

13 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Aye - I've grown to like him as well, he makes a few mistakes (don't we all) but he loves our game & talks our language - i'm also in a minority as I always thought he was a better player than his wee brother ??

I like him too. He's not afraid to call a spade "a ferkin shovel".

13 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Not a better player but maybe more natural ability - which was unfulfilled. 

On 8/29/2017 at 1:46 PM, Donaldo87 said:

Listening to the podcast from yesterday. Why does Kris Boyd shout when he is talking? 

On 8/29/2017 at 2:00 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Cos he's a bellend.

Empty vessels make the most noise and all that.

I've just caught with the podcasts from this week. 

Boyd is indeed a bellend.

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I've just caught with the podcasts from this week. 

Boyd is indeed a bellend.

Kilmarnock employee Kris Boyd. Sums up how much of an unprofessional wh@nker he is. 

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

Kilmarnock employee Kris Boyd. Sums up how much of an unprofessional wh@nker he is. 

I watched that show the other week... Commons is by no means a natural TV face but looked classy and polished standing beside that utter roaster. 

Boyd was 'interviewing' Tommy Wright and kept making reference to the one specific game he knew about (the one he played in) trying to extrapolate his view over the entire team/previous season. 

Wright was visibility tiring of his cretinous thoughts  

21 hours ago, Parklife said:

Off topic but I thought I thought I'd get your attention here,

youre pissing into the wind by posting anything Scotland related on AFC-chat. With a handful of posters It becomes a competition to see who can support Scotland the least. It's always the same few!

in fact you're pissing into the wind posting on their at all nowadays, it's the same inane drivel everyday by a very vocal few. 

52 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Off topic but I thought I thought I'd get your attention here,

youre pissing into the wind by posting anything Scotland related on AFC-chat. With a handful of posters It becomes a competition to see who can support Scotland the least. It's always the same few!

in fact you're pissing into the wind posting on their at all nowadays, it's the same inane drivel everyday by a very vocal few. 

Haha yeah, I'm sussing that out. Cheers :ok: 

ill just keep having a go and getting called a wh@nk :lol: 

Got to say, I was listening the sportsound lot in the build up on Friday.. I had to turn it off. I've come to absolutely hate the lot of them. So negative it's ridiculous. 45 minutes before kick off and they're all on about how Strachan should be sacked now, before kick off, and how we're dead and buried already, there's really no point in playing any more matches. What a bunch of absolute losers.

I don't usually listen and i can't say i ever will again after that. Literally the worst possible build up to a match that i could imagine.

I especially liked this one....

was one of these 'mainstay' supporters, Wembley trips,  Liverpool, internationals at Hampden all enjoyed in like-minded company and having a wee 'sash bash' in the Rangers-end when results were going against us.  Now, I wouldn't cross the road to watch them.

That is utter pish. Been going since early 70s.

On 01/09/2017 at 7:11 AM, vanderark14 said:

That place is a joke, parody of itself. So-called Aberdeen fans driving everyone else away and posting anti-national team garbage worthy of the very worst of other clubs they supposedly hate.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

Another day of catching up with podcasts.

Thought the interview with Owen Coyle and Jimmy Nicholl was quite funny in parts and interesting.

The John Hartson interview was also really good.

agreed, on the other Kris Boyd was on last night............................sigh