Weird Neighbours - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 09/10/2016 at 0:40 PM, TDYER63 said:

Think I would rather be surrounded by weird neighbours than intolerant scumbags like Renfrew blues neighbours. At least there is a bit of interest in a mad man with a chainsaw. Last place we lived i was told 'this is not Ferguslie Park' when some old biddie across the road complained about me playing Elton John loudly on a  Saturday afternoon. I could be wrong but i am not entirely sure that was the best analogy she could have given. The snobbery was abhorrent though. The village nearly went into meltdown when an ice cream van started coming round at the weekends. The kids loved it but the parents were horrified. Another old biddie chased my daughter and her friends down the street screaming ' shoo, shoo , and take you horrible sticky toffee papers with you ' . 

Taxi for Dyer. 

I tend to agree with you, as long as the weirdo doesn't listen to Elton John over loudly. ?

18 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I tend to agree with you, as long as the weirdo doesn't listen to Elton John over loudly. ?

I now have an iPod which is great news for the neighbours. Not so great for my family as Elton has been binned and I now screech my way through the Artic Monkeys back catalogue, much to my daughters disgust. Some folk rev up chainsaws during their mid life crisis , some listen to the Artic Monkeys.

20 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I now have an iPod which is great news for the neighbours. Not so great for my family as Elton has been binned and I now screech my way through the Artic Monkeys back catalogue, much to my daughters disgust. Some folk rev up chainsaws during their mid life crisis , some listen to the Artic Monkeys.

As long as you don't do a Risky Business and shoot about minus yer troosers! ?

Our neighbour who is either in his 70's or 80's goes up on his roof and cleans the tiles with a brush every few years. The roof hardly looks any different after he has done it but he spends weeks at it! 

5 hours ago, Lamia said:

Our neighbour who is either in his 70's or 80's goes up on his roof and cleans the tiles with a brush every few years. The roof hardly looks any different after he has done it but he spends weeks at it! 

sure he is not just getting a good view of your bedroom from there ?  :-) 

When I lived in Enfield my neighbor loved to burn his garden rubbish behind the back of our fence,one day it got out of control and the flames were catching the trees,he asked me if I could get my hose as it was quite long, I was on my side of the fence holding the hose with the water going over, after a few minutes I realised the fire wasn't going out, so I looked over and he was still putting his rubbish on the fire, 18 years I lived there for and he must have had a fire 3/4 times a year, the street had a party for some celebration,there was a barbecue,as I was watching the telly I saw lots of smoke and thought that the barbecue was burning, my neighbour decided to have his fire in his front garden that day, 50 yards from the barbecue, fcukin burnt all his flowers and dome of his hedge, another thing, he made some amount of noise when he was having sex,only thing was,he lived on his own, well I think he was having sex as it was about 1 in the morning

41 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

When I lived in Enfield my neighbor loved to burn his garden rubbish behind the back of our fence,one day it got out of control and the flames were catching the trees,he asked me if I could get my hose as it was quite long, I was on my side of the fence holding the hose with the water going over, after a few minutes I realised the fire wasn't going out, so I looked over and he was still putting his rubbish on the fire, 18 years I lived there for and he must have had a fire 3/4 times a year, the street had a party for some celebration,there was a barbecue,as I was watching the telly I saw lots of smoke and thought that the barbecue was burning, my neighbour decided to have his fire in his front garden that day, 50 yards from the barbecue, fcukin burnt all his flowers and dome of his hedge, another thing, he made some amount of noise when he was having sex,only thing was,he lived on his own, well I think he was having sex as it was about 1 in the morning

Sounds disturbingly similar to Dennis Nilsen. Your neighbour, not you btw

7 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

Fvckin brilliant! :lol:

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 2:43 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

My neighbour is a total .

He went mental a few years ago when my kids were playing on our trampoline in the middle of a Saturday afternoon. Said they were too loud and his daughter couldn't concentrate on her studying. 

When my wife challenged him he said it wasn't our kids that were the problem. it was the "other kids"  meaning the two wee foster kids we had at the time aged 1 and 3. Apparently them enjoying themselves for possibly the first time in their wee lives was offensive to his ears.

I'd have kicked his teeth down his throat by now but the wife won't let me. Says it'd be a bad look for a foster carer. Hopefully one day the tw@t takes a swing at me first so I've got an excuse. 

They've since phoned the council wardens when the kids were on the trampoline and they covertly watched through their blinds. When we spotted them we called the police as the foster kids were in danger from their father so the Wardens got their nosey baws toed by a very helpful Sergeant who also had a go at the neighbours. Apparently he had been fostered as a child too.

Yer a top bloke for fostering, well done.

5 hours ago, Andy North Croy said:

Yer a top bloke for fostering, well done.

Thanks Andy, but it's not a special skill. Wife always wanted to do it as we'd had 3 kids and knew folk who had none. 

Eventually decided to try it as the wife was a civil servant and absolutely hated it, as she wasn't being allowed to help folk. One shitey government initiative to screw folk even further pushed her over the edge and we went for it.

Would recommend it to anyone. It's hard work but the obvious rewards are unbeatable. ?