Lost Glengarry Hat - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lost Glengarry Hat

orbit

Hello. My 11 year old son has lost his Glengarry on the way to the game today. It has 5 or 6 badges on it. We were in Yes Bar where we definitely had it before getting the train from Central to Queens Park and walking to Lebowskis where we realised that we no longer had it. If anybody spots a Glengarry please get in touch! Thanks 

38 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

You're looking for a hat you lost somewhere in Glasgow. 

You're a fruit cake 

My son was pretty gutted on Saturday and I promised him I would try everything I could to get him his hat back. He had several badges on it that he had been collecting and when you are 11 years old that sort of thing is important to you. I contacted Glasgow Central lost property as well as Yes bar and Lebowskis to see if it had been found. I thought there would be no harm in posting on the tartan army message board on the off chance that somebody had spotted it. I wasn't prepared for a sarcastic, arrogant response which was competely unnecessary.

3 hours ago, Exglasgowasc said:

Unfortunately orbit that seems to be the way this whole board is going. Just look at other threads. Personal abuse and insults. Club football point scoring. Decent posters leaving the board. Hope you find it mate.

there is only one person offering personal abuse and insults on this thread and that is the mentaller you are seeking to console. His response to a little light hearted interjection was completely disproportionate - assuming he acts in the same way in every day life, he is clearly one to avoid. 

8 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

there is only one person offering personal abuse and insults on this thread and that is the mentaller you are seeking to console. His response to a little light hearted interjection was completely disproportionate - assuming he acts in the same way in every day life, he is clearly one to avoid. 

Calling someone a 'Mentaller' is not insulting and an example of personal abuse?

A 'little light hearted interjection'? It was a nasty, snidey comment which attempted to ridicule me for the amusement of others. I wasn't going to stand for that.

'assuming he acts the same way in every day life, he is clearly one to avoid' Haha, how can you make assumptions about somebody when you don't know the first thing about them! Again, this is a personal attack. 

It's also disrespectful to talk about somebody as if they're not there.

You come across as a bully which is nothing to be proud of. Of course though it's not bullying, it's just 'banter'!

13 hours ago, orbit said:

Calling someone a 'Mentaller' is not insulting and an example of personal abuse?

A 'little light hearted interjection'? It was a nasty, snidey comment which attempted to ridicule me for the amusement of others. I wasn't going to stand for that.

'assuming he acts the same way in every day life, he is clearly one to avoid' Haha, how can you make assumptions about somebody when you don't know the first thing about them! Again, this is a personal attack. 

It's also disrespectful to talk about somebody as if they're not there.

You come across as a bully which is nothing to be proud of. Of course though it's not bullying, it's just 'banter'!

look. stop eing overly dramatic and dont take such offence at light hearted quips over a lost bunnet. in saying that, I hope you/your boy manage to get it returned to you. 

On 11 October 2016 at 10:11 AM, orbit said:

My son was pretty gutted on Saturday and I promised him I would try everything I could to get him his hat back. He had several badges on it that he had been collecting and when you are 11 years old that sort of thing is important to you. I contacted Glasgow Central lost property as well as Yes bar and Lebowskis to see if it had been found. I thought there would be no harm in posting on the tartan army message board on the off chance that somebody had spotted it. I wasn't prepared for a sarcastic, arrogant response which was competely unnecessary.

You're query is one of the many reasons that this board is for and one of the reason it used to be worthwhile. The response you received is one of the very reasons this site has went downhill rapidly the last year or two

You'll maybe get a better response when your post count is a bit higher, maybe then the high and mighty brigade will take your OP a bit more seriously

:(:(

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/16/2016 at 8:07 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

You're query is one of the many reasons that this board is for and one of the reason it used to be worthwhile. The response you received is one of the very reasons this site has went downhill rapidly the last year or two

You'll maybe get a better response when your post count is a bit higher, maybe then the high and mighty brigade will take your OP a bit more seriously

:(:(

agreed.  used to get loads of these types of posts, lost scarf, flag etc.  quite conceivable somebody might pick it up if it had badges on it.  hope the boy get it back.