Match Thread - Scotland vs Lithuania - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Thread - Scotland vs Lithuania

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flumax

Not sure GS can be sacked. Unbeaten so far 6 scored, second in the table  (which I'm sure he was asked to get) 

Plus why pay another manager off and Who do you replace him with. 

A load of sh%te.....Strachan is just looking a bit strange now. Chris Martin......taking Burke off. No other word for it but strange. Still 2nd in the group but we probably need a win in Slovakia.

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Does anyone think Alex McLeish would have taken off Burke? (maybe he will say he would but be surprised.)

I think Burke should've stayed on, but let's be honest he was actually pretty shit. Not sure Forrest even touched it apart from missing that sitter right enough 

Burke was doing nothing but stumble over the ball and was not in the slightest bit interested in working defensively. He cant have any complaints.

Not sticking up for Strachan though. That was horrendous and they looked better set up and more confident on ball.

Guess that happens when Strachan constantly says how poor/average the players are and he has little to work with.

Little arrogant twat can get to now.

3 minutes ago, Wolfgang Overthebar said:

And who is this man? If its Griffiths? - he couldn't score from six yards out with a free header (and with his eyes open)

Giffiths was trying to get in behind them and linked up better than Martin who did all but jump far too early for any ball near him.

Edited by JamDav1982

5 minutes ago, Boynze said:

terrible result, but feeling optimistic perhaps not terminal in the group overall. tuesday now must win.

This. I don't think we were massively bad tonight - we had about four chances that were within an inch of going in that didn't. If one of those chances had gone in, then the complexion of the game would've been very different. We need to sort out the defence though, Hanley got sucked in too often today - which cost us the goal and nearly cost us a second.

Just now, Clyde1998 said:

This. I don't think we were massively bad tonight - we had about four chances that were within an inch of going in that didn't. If one of those chances had gone in, then the complexion of the game would've been very different. We need to sort out the defence though, Hanley got sucked in too often today - which cost us the goal and nearly cost us a second.

Four decent chances is the least should expect vs Lithuania and they had  three or four of their own.

The ex Hearts player ran riot ffs.

7 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I know the frustration but who replaces him?  Are there a lot of candidates knocking at the door?

who else? feckin anyone - a SPL Championship or 1st Divsvion manager would pick a more coherent squad and play a team that wasnt baffling to the majority of fans. Why not start with Fletcher and Griffiths up front together at home? why pick Martin up front on his own? why take of Burke for Griffiths? Strachan has become the mad king and he seems to be now intentionally making bizarre decisions through entrenchment, you are suggesting on the back of all this there is no one better to replace him? Mental. 

Just now, Dillinger said:

Thought Burke looked our biggest threat. Nuts he went off. Ritchie survived too long. Martin did nothing. 

Burke looked decent going forward, very poor defensively though. Ritchie wasn't great today. Martin had a number of decent chances - the one that he headed just wide, the one that he couldn't reach from Forrest's shot, could've had a first half penalty. Don't think he'll start in Slovakia though.

1 minute ago, Dillinger said:

Thought Burke looked our biggest threat. Nuts he went off. Ritchie survived too long. Martin did nothing. 

I know there was a lot of pressure for Griffiths to play instead of Martin but I'm surprised Fletcher didn't get the nod, he seems top have been in good form at Wednesday.

4 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

We were utterly pathetic.

7 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Let's wait for Tuesday.  i don't know what lithuania are like at the present but I've seen them in the past and they're tricky awkward opposition. 

Let's wait for Tuesday?????

Are you for real?

Go look at Lithuania's record - the only away game they haven't lost since 1763 was against San Marino and Slovenia FFS!!!!!!

Edited by Barney Rubble

Shocking stuff.

Lithuania defended and did their job well, so fair dues to them. They didn't create much at all, but took their only chance. 

The first half was terrible. Two very poor teams playing each other. Burke is young and raw started quite poorly and lost the ball a few times with poor ball control, but had a few decent moments - a baffling substitution as he was starting to get in to the game and is a dangerous player for us to have on. The defence are just a bombscare. Robertson was excellent, but Hanley and Paterson are not defenders. We will always concede goals.

Second half was much better, but still we struggled to break them down. McArthur and Griffiths were both excellent when on. Snoddy did ok. 

Strangely you could say Slovenia winning is a result that went our away, and whilst a draw is a  bog-awful-terrible (making up words now, ffs) result it's not the castrophic disaster 1-0 Lithuania would've been. Lithuania are rank though, and we've dropped two points. We HAVE to win now in Slovakia!

Did they have the gall to play the shite song after we scored? I hope not.