Match Thread - Scotland vs Lithuania - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Thread - Scotland vs Lithuania

ErsatzThistle

Huge reality check. Defence poor again. Full backs good going forward but a really good team will really hurt that defence. Snoddy quiet for 3/4 of game.  Don't know why we played so many long balls; presumably because Chris Martin played up front. 

Visitors defended well and deserved a point despite their antics going down all the time. We'll probably win in Slovakia now. I fecking hope so. Here we are again.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jacques Hunt said:

Huge reality check. Defence poor again. Full backs good going forward but a really good team will really hurt that defence. Snoddy quiet for 3/4 of game.  Don't know why we played so many long balls; presumably because Chris Martin played up front. 

Visitors defended well and deserved a point despite their antics going down all the time. We'll probably win in Slovakia now. I fecking hope so. Here we are again.

Long balls to Martin who barely won any and jumped far too early for majority of them getting nowhere near it.

4 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

who else? feckin anyone - a SPL Championship or 1st Divsvion manager would pick a more coherent squad and play a team that wasnt baffling to the majority of fans. Why not start with Fletcher and Griffiths up front together at home? why pick Martin up front on his own? why take of Burke for Griffiths? Strachan has become the mad king and he seems to be now intentionally making bizarre decisions through entrenchment, you are suggesting on the back of all this there is no one better to replace him? Mental. 

McGhee, Clark, Warburton, Neilson, Rogers, Lennon, McInnes...?  I'm not suggesting there is no one better to replace him but I just don't know who that is.

Guest flumax

GS  Interview. 

"Bit like an English championship game" 

Where do most the players play?? What's he expect 

Edited by flumax

14 minutes ago, Wolfgang Overthebar said:

And who is this man? If its Griffiths? - he couldn't score from six yards out with a free header (and with his eyes open)

It was,yes. You're obviously happy to judge him 5 minutes after entering the fray. 

Others are willing to give him a chance ahead of an utter balloon that couldn't hit a coos arse with a banjo. 

It looked like a championship game in the 1st half because you selected a big lump of a championship striker up front Strachan you f%king weirdo. Unbelievable interview.

Why when Scotland have the players that are in the better leagues and at better clubs is it never relevant to Strachan?

He speaks as if fans should be grateful the team worked hard.

The minute Scotland play a team with better plyer he never shuts up about it and down plays his own players to save face.

He is a arrogant little twat that thinks everyone else is clueless.

6 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Chris Martin was fine tonight.

His manager quite clearly was not.

He done absolutely nothing. On this occasion he wasn't as much to blame as in previous matches, and other players were worse, but just by not being as bad doesn't make it ok. What he wasn't for sure was absolutely outstanding.

11 minutes ago, slasher said:

The 'support' were a feckin disgrace tonight! The Hampden 'roar' has become a myth.

As for the team, poor tonight but nicked a point. All is not lost.....yet.

The support has been quiet for a good few years now except the big games. 

A large part isn't the fact the songs are crap and the team does offer little to gee us up.

New song base and some more players with a set of baws required urgently.

2 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

He done absolutely nothing. On this occasion he wasn't as much to blame as in previous matches, and other players were worse, but just by not being as bad doesn't make it ok. What he wasn't for sure was absolutely outstanding.

Not trying to be divisive or arrogant, but let's go through the outfield team then, if that's your criterion.

Bannan and Robertson apart, who exactly did anything of note?

1 minute ago, jock strap said:

The support has been quiet for a good few years now except the big games. 

A large part isn't the fact the songs are crap and the team does offer little to gee us up.

New song base and some more players with a set of baws required urgently.

I agree with all of that m8 but folk booing at 0-0 at half time tonight was ridiculous. ?

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Not trying to be divisive or arrogant, but let's go through the outfield team then, if that's your criterion.

Bannan and Robertson apart, who exactly did anything of note?

My point is that martin was not absolutely outstanding as claimed by the manager, nor did he even play well in my opinion, but like i said he was one amongst many. I think most people would see its just another example of straitens inability to accept criticism, he knows full well how unpopular a decision it is to start him in the first place.