Strachan out. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan out.

kmcca5

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's out of contract at the end of the campaign, so I can't see the SFA sacking him - unless it gets really, really bad.

If we beat Slovakia, we're still in with a chance of second - which is our realistic target for this group.

Edited by Clyde1998

Get real - we just failed to beat Lithuania at home, which even Jonothan Northcroft had us down as a stick-on this morning.

Strachan can do one now - he's exhausted my patiience and he is not as clever as he thinks he is.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Just now, Paulo2576 said:

It's not over though, nowhere near it. Very poor result, even worse performance but we are still in the mix

It is over, trust me it is over we will not qualify, we will not get 2nd we will be lucky to get 3rd. 

I would settle for 7 points from first 3 games.  If he doesn't get that I think he needs to consider his position.  Can't say I would have picked a much different team aside from not playing Martin up front.  Our centre halfs are terrible, griffiths missed a sitter.  Not sure a new manager would do much better.  If we do get a new guy in I would go for souness or Walter.

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

I would settle for 7 points from first 3 games.  If he doesn't get that I think he needs to consider his position.  Can't say I would have picked a much different team aside from not playing Martin up front.  Our centre halfs are terrible, griffiths missed a sitter.  Not sure a new manager would do much better.  If we do get a new guy in I would go for souness or Walter.

Absolutely zero chance of those two even considering this job for a second. 

And why do we necessarily have to have a Scottish manager ?

He is responsible for playing Martin as our main attacking player. Not a good decision. You put balls in the box - which we did - then Jordan Rhodes is your man. Not impressed by Ritchie. We needed more width, and our most wingery winger is Forrest. Lots of reasons why we failed tonight but Chris Martin is the main one. I would actually have fancied Fletcher tonight, it was his type of game, with the potential to fire in plenty of balls to him from the wings.

Tactically naïve! Burke was he injured?  If so don't have a problem with that.  If he was ok why did he come off?  Strachan as everybody knows has his favs, well they are not working. Time for him tae dae the decent thing and resign in the morning.  That's the only way tae try and salvage something from this group.  Go get Lars Lagerback 

Guest flumax
3 minutes ago, Jeelyeater said:

He will wait until the Slovakia game and then resign, make no mistake this campaign is over!!

Why would he resign and give up another year or so's salary,he'll wait to be booted.

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I would go for MCLeish then.  I don't want a foreign manager,.

Again there is absolutely zero chance of him wanting the job again. 

Why not a foreign manager ? Why are Scottish managers somehow better ? Sticking to old conservative traditions is holding us back.

13 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Souness or 'Walter'. Get tae . Souness is a failed manager and an idiot to boot and Smith plays the most dirge depressing football known to man. Both cretins and awful managers.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Why not a foreign manager ? Why are Scottish managers somehow better ? Sticking to old conservative traditions is holding us back.

we get it. you want a foreign manager.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

We we tried a foreign manager and he was a disaster.  Plenty good Scottish managers like sir Alex.

And then you have Daryl Broadfoot controlling the questions at the post match conference

The SFA would be as just as well calling us all mugs and pishing in our cornflakes every morning

11 minutes ago, deecie said:

Should never have been kept on after Gibraltar. He'll be here until the end of the campaign.

Posted in the match day thread he got a resounding ovation for failure in faro this time last year your right should have gone this time last year