Strachan out. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan out.

kmcca5

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

Souness or 'Walter'. Get tae . Souness is a failed manager and an idiot to boot and Smith plays the most dirge depressing football known to man. Both cretins and awful managers.

I disagree.  Souness is a winner and we got some of our best results under Walter.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Paulo2576 said:

we get it. you want a foreign manager.

Aye I sure do and I'll keep repeating it. :ok:

It just irritates me that people always automatically want a mediocre Scot for daft traditions sake.

Tradition won't win games.

Just now, Malcolm said:

We we tried a foreign manager and he was a disaster.  Plenty good Scottish managers like sir Alex.

Em, that was years ago. Your logic makes no sense at all. 

List these amazing Scottish managers we should consider then ?

You are seriously not suggesting Alex Ferguson would want the job ? Seriously ? Are you ?

Missed the boat with Lucien Favre in the summer, who's now doing remarkable things with Nice. Alex Neil has done well at norwich and I'd try and tempt him. Tata Martino has chucked Argentina and Bielsa is without a job. I understand that the last two are ambitious to say the least, but if you tempt them with a decent contract it might give them something to consider.

Scotland is one of those teams that some up and coming manager could make a name for himself with. Getting us to a tournament would make their name. Doing well in it would make them a legend. Scotland support is elite. The ultimate footballing underperformer waiting for 'the' manager.

Let's be smart and go hire some ambitious hungry young foreign khunt. Like Lagerback when he wanted the job. 

Oh yeah the SFA are lazy and stupid and only interested in themselves.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aye I sure do and I'll keep repeating it. :ok:

It just irritates me that people always automatically want a mediocre Scot for daft traditions sake.

Tradition won't win games.

Em, that was years ago. Your logic makes no sense at all. 

List these amazing Scottish managers we should consider then ?

You are seriously not suggesting Alex Ferguson would want the job ? Seriously ? Are you ?

No, not suggesting that and that's why I didn't list him.  Souness, Walter, MCLeish, moyes, have all managed at a high level.  

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

Missed the boat with Lucien Favre in the summer, who's now doing remarkable things with Nice. Alex Neil has done well at norwich and I'd try and tempt him. Tata Martino has chucked Argentina and Bielsa is without a job. I understand that the last two are ambitious to say the least, but if you tempt them with a decent contract it might give them something to consider.

Neil was just mentioned in our group text

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

What was the last thing Souness won? 

Khunt of the year I would imagine. 

Just now, Mox said:

Ah but according to Malc, "We tried a foreign manager and he was a disaster" so we cannot ever do that ever again, that's that.

We'll just stick to the same old pishy traditions then. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

No, not suggesting that and that's why I didn't list him.  Souness, Walter, MCLeish, moyes, have all managed at a high level.  

Those are bloody stupid choices. Just as stupid as your reason for not employing a foreigner ever again.

I don't give a feck about the backward old traditions and principles about appointing "one of our who kens the Scottish game well", we need all that to go.

Face it we need a foreigner (English possibly) with new ideas and who won't be influenced by the old attitudes and practices that some old fossils hold dear like "just dinnae lose !", "hoof it uptae him", "ah cannae pick him he's too small"

34 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

He's out of contract at the end of the campaign, so I can't see the SFA sacking him - unless it gets really, really bad.

If we beat Slovakia, we're still in with a chance of second - which is our realistic target for this group.

100% agree.

He's not going to go unless it gets even worse. The way the group is going so far - the four middle teams all taking points off each other - and a win on Tuesday would put us in a good place, but suggesting that right now after such a disastrous result makes me sound insane. 

Tonight was awful, and it's almost 1 step forward 3 back with Strachan. 

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Ah but according to Malc, "We tried a foreign manager and he was a disaster" so we cannot ever do that ever again, that's that.

We'll just stick to the same old pishy traditions then. :rolleyes:

Those are bloody stupid choices. Just as stupid as your reason for not employing a foreigner ever again.

I don't give a feck about the backward old traditions and principles about appointing "one of our who kens the Scottish game well", we need all that to go.

Face it we need a foreigner (English possibly) with new ideas and who won't be influenced by the old attitudes and practices that some old fossils hold dear like "just dinnae lose !", "hoof it uptae him", "ah cannae pick him he's too small"

You stick to your view, I will stick to mine.  Football is built on traditions...  I am also against us picking foreigners for the team.

0% chance the SFA will change it.

Same as after the last campaign. They never sack a manager mid first campaign and then when they do fail the SFA always give them the 'benefit of the doubt' second campaign... to fail again.

Campaign is fhucked now so we will get a new (run of the mill shit two term minimum replacement) manager at the end of it but not before... yawn.

Fhuck the SFA.  

I think his snidey remarks/put downs are ill advised,

By all means spout that sort of pish when you're on a high.

Strachan, McGhee and Mcleish (in the studio) are simply an old pals act.

It's about time the press called it for exactly what it is. :( 

Edited by Redz

6 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

The draw in Lithuania made me think our qualification chances were already over under Levein, this is no different tonight

Yes, there is a feeling of that.

Some of the optimists might think we are being a tad melodramtic as our group looks fairly open - between the middle four sides all taking pts off each other so far - but whilst other average Euro nations may stutter at home like we did, they'll win on the road or beat a higher ranked opponent, we won't! And that's why it's near enough over.

We're pretty much Donald Trump. Next to no chance, but who knows he may pull it out the hat on Sunday and we may well win the next two games - both scenarios highly unlikely, but when there's life there is a chance.

Edited by weekevie04

22 minutes ago, Mox said:

Not a hope in hell of getting any of those guys. 

6 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

You stick to your view, I will stick to mine.  Football is built on traditions...  I am also against us picking foreigners for the team.

Aye very good Gladstone.

The rest of us will move with the times. But you remain in the past by all means. Daft conservative traditions are holding us back and need binned. Other nations moved on long ago.

A foreigner manager not infected by Scottish football's mediocre "och we're pish but we'll try and scrape a nil nil draw" attitude is what we need.

The standard of Scottish manager available is poor currently. Kidding yourself on if you think otherwise.

I have defended the man long enough but tonight was the final straw, especially with 1) his "no must win" crap and 2) his refusal to answer fans questions yesterday.

However, all will be forgotten IF we beat a Slovakia team that are winless.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Kenny Dalglish yet, McBookie have McInnes favourite with DAVID "bloody" MOYES 2nd favourite, no wonder you guys are touting foreigners!!

AVB or Avram Grant?

4 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Some of the optimists might think we are being a tad melodramtic as our group looks fairly open - between the middle four sides all taking pts off each other so far - but whilst other average Euro nations may stutter at home like we did, they'll win on the road or beat a higher ranked opponent, we won't! And that's why it's near enough over.

Unfortunately, this is bang on.