Strachan out. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan out.

kmcca5

1 minute ago, Shaun said:

I have defended the man long enough but tonight was the final straw, especially with 1) his "no must win" crap and 2) his refusal to answer fans questions yesterday.

However, all will be forgotten IF we beat a Slovakia team that are winless.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Kenny Dalglish yet, McBookie have McInnes favourite with DAVID "bloody" MOYES 2nd favourite, no wonder you guys are touting foreigners!!

AVB or Avram Grant?

Levein Mk. II 

We should stay well clear of him.

Currently pissing off a lot of people in Sunderland with his ineptness. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

It's the standard of the players that is the real problem.... Not the manager

I'm sure we've all had this argument before and it's been proven that a decent manager can improve average teams (Rep Ireland, N Ireland, Iceland etc)

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

It's the standard of the players that is the real problem.... Not the manager

Had a better standard of player than Lithuania tonight.

They had an ex Hearts players running rings round Scotland.

Better standard of player than Northern Ireland who qualified for Euros. On a par with Ireland who also qualified.

It is a poor excuse Strachan uses to save his own failures.

I'm off to listen to my Jess Roden live album and wonder why the I've spent 3.5 days of annual leave to go to Trnava when I could have used them for someone who deserves it a lot more than this Scotland Manager does.

My missus can't believe I've just written that.

Being the smart lass she is, she wants to know if I've already booked Lithuania and Slovenia next year (No).

I read today strachan praising darren fletcher because he didn't have tattoos or listen to music through headphones, he said the same about oliver burke a few weeks back. WTF.

Please tell me that doesn't contribute an ounce to his decisions when picking a squad. Might explain why johnny russell never gets a shout.

28 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

You stick to your view, I will stick to mine.  Football is built on traditions...  I am also against us picking foreigners for the team.

Balls to tradition, it's for Torys and nostalgic old heed the baws.

Edited by Mox

2 minutes ago, runningtings said:

If we win in Slovakia all will be well again.

That said, that was probably the worst performance I've ever had the pleasure of attending.

Even if we beat Slovakia, which we won't, we'd still have two points less than we should.

26 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Yes, there is a feeling of that.

Some of the optimists might think we are being a tad melodramtic as our group looks fairly open - between the middle four sides all taking pts off each other so far - but whilst other average Euro nations may stutter at home like we did, they'll win on the road or beat a higher ranked opponent, we won't! And that's why it's near enough over.

We're pretty much Donald Trump. Next to no chance, but who knows he may pull it out the hat on Sunday and we may well win the next two games - both scenarios highly unlikely, but when there's life there is a chance.

This

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

Even if we beat Slovakia, which we won't, we'd still have two points less than we should.

I thought that we would have seven points after our first three games - which if we beat Slovakia we will. Yes - we should be beating Lithuania, but getting a win in Slovakia will, pretty much, take them out of the race for second - making it, realistically, a battle between us and Slovenia. If we win that, and the other results are as I realistically expect. The table will be this by the end of the year:

1. England - 12pts
  2. Scotland - 7pts
  3. Slovenia - 7pts
  4. Lithuania - 5pts
  5. Slovakia - 3pts
  6. Malta - 0pts

In that situation, we maintain a good chance of finishing second. However, it does require us to beat Slovakia - which won't be easy. Although, we do better when we are forced to counter-attack. Today's result is not fatal.

A new manager won't make any difference- we don't have the players and it's as simple as that.

We have a stronger squad than Lithuania, which is why we almost always beat them at home. There will be days like this one where we lose a goal or fail to create one due to a lack of quality.

The good sides like England would be able to sneak a win on an off night but Scotland can't do this.

Whilst it remains possible that we could qualify for a major tournament with the current squad, we would have to get a lucky draw, like Northern Ireland did in their last campaign. 

5 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

I thought that we would have seven points after our first three games - which if we beat Slovakia we will. Yes - we should be beating Lithuania, but getting a win in Slovakia will, pretty much, take them out of the race for second - making it, realistically, a battle between us and Slovenia. If we win that, and the other results are as I realistically expect. The table will be this by the end of the year:

1. England - 12pts
  2. Scotland - 7pts
  3. Slovenia - 7pts
  4. Lithuania - 5pts
  5. Slovakia - 3pts
  6. Malta - 0pts

In that situation, we maintain a good chance of finishing second. However, it does require us to beat Slovakia - which won't be easy. Although, we do better when we are forced to counter-attack. Today's result is not fatal.

I'm...al at the same time....stunned, tickled, offended, amused and impressed by your almost childish optimism in the face of stunning reality.

Just now, Rossy said:

I'm...al at the same time....stunned, tickled, offended, amused and impressed by your almost childish optimism in the face of stunning reality.

Let's just see what happens on Tuesday night - and take stock of the situation following that.

3 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

A new manager won't make any difference- we don't have the players and it's as simple as that.

Absolute rubbish.

Northern Ireland, Ireland, Wales....even Iceland and probably 3 or 4 other countries...have weaker squads on paper than us.

What they have, and we don't have, is a coach that can get the absolute best out of their squads. And yet we're going to keep on accepting that Strachan is the best we can get ?

Fcuk me.

3 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

We have a stronger squad than Lithuania, which is why we almost always beat them at home. There will be days like this one where we lose a goal or fail to create one due to a lack of quality.

The good sides like England would be able to sneak a win on an off night but Scotland can't do this.

Whilst it remains possible that we could qualify for a major tournament with the current squad, we would have to get a lucky draw, like Northern Ireland did in their last campaign. 

Northern Ireland with a relatively poor squd finished above teams with better players than them.

When have Scotland last done that?

The players are not worse than the Republic of Ireland who qualified. Are not worse than likes of Georgia and Lithuania who cant get results against.

The squad is average but other similar squads and worse are doing better than Scotland.

It is a lame excuse.

2 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

You don't need a lucky draw as much as you need to be able to manage a group.

Home wins against everyone (draw against top seed acceptable).

Away wins the objective (you'll fall on your face once in a while, but if you get every other one  right........)

2 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Let's just see what happens on Tuesday night - and take stock of the situation following that.

And if we don't win ?

Do we take stock after the next game, or the one after that ? Should we have taken stock after the Georgia game, or waited until we failed against Ireland, or lost at home to Germany, or drew with Poland ?

Do we just keep on taking stock ?

Strachans problem is that he thinks he is some kind of football visionary while the players are not good enough to absorb his ideas.... and he tells them that all the time.

If he can use the excuse of players not being good enough when up against a top side then he sure as can take the blame for poor organisation, team selection when he has a better group of players to choose from than opposition.

If we are talking about a new manager, I am for Paul Lambert.  I think he would be well suited as our coach.  However if we win on Tuesday then we are on 7 points and that was the objective.  Yes we played poorly, and lacked anything positive - We had about 3 shots until atleast the 70th minute.  I was encouraged to see the boys trying, I totally believed we were going to equalize about the 70th min and then go on to win, but the clock kept winding down and nothing was really happening.  IF we don't win on Tuesday, of course we are not mathematically out but come on we really should win to at least feel positive about our point tally. 

These last few days I was believing we were going to get 9 points and have a cushion, I was dreaming about going to the WC not via the play off and actually thinking we could win the group but all that's gone now and I really should know better by now, someone hear my confession.

Edited by romanticscot

People saying we can't qualify after tonight are wrong. Anyone who thinks we might with Strachan in charge is deluded. He consistently makes decisions that no one can understand or justify. The standard of passing tonight was abysmal and it is clear strachan is telling the team to go long to Martin (who isn't even that good in the air). Be interesting to see what he does on Tuesday as anyone can see major changes are needed, but I'd be willing to bet it'll be the same old strachan favourites who feature. It's like he doesn't understand or even watch international football.