James Forrest - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

James Forrest

Rossy

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

You need to calm down.

5 posts ago you said Forrest was deserving of an international cap because he played half a dozen decent games for Celtic in 4 years. Now you agree apparently with everyone else in saying he's shite.

Which is it ?

I've high;lighted Forrest not because of the team he plays for, but because he's the posterboy for the utter failed dross that Strachan keeps on picking over, and over again. 

Forrest...and it's not his fault, he's just not good enough.....is symptomatic of the joke that Scotland has become. 

But I'm sure you'll disagree. Because he plays for Celtic.

You could say that about any Scotland player thats had a cap in the last 5 years. He deserves to be in this squad as a result of his form this season, but history tells me this is a temporary increase in form as he's not been a very good footballer. for a number of years  Provide us with an alternative to Forrest so we can have a debate rather than you having a go at him because of the team he plays for.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, JamDav1982 said:

Burke was doing all and was walking about not defending or working an inch.

Forrest wasnt any better or worse than him on ball and probably at very least worked harder.

If you think that you must be pissed or know heehaw about football. Burke had 3 runs in 1st half that looked dangerous.forrest had none and missed a sitter.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

You could say that about any Scotland player thats had a cap in the last 5 years. He deserves to be in this squad as a result of his form this season, but history tells me this is a temporary increase in form as he's not been a very good footballer. for a number of years  Provide us with an alternative to Forrest so we can have a debate rather than you having a go at him because of the team he plays for.

Sigh. It's nothing to do with the team he plays for, it's everything to do with the fact that he's proved he's not good enough for international football.,,,,regardless of who he plays for. 

Do you disagree ?

I don't blame Forrest. He tries hard, turns up, and his confidence increases 200% againt St Johnstone and Hamilton. 

As I said though, he is symptomatic of the laughing stock Scotland has become under Strachan. I'm sure you would agree with me, if he played for any team other than the one you support.

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

Rossy is still raging that Shinnie can't get a cap. Yes Shinnie, who had his arse handed to him by a guy who can't even get a game for Celtic now.

Hello PGB.

At least you'll be delighted that Ireland won... :ok:

8 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

If you think that you must be pissed or know heehaw about football. Burke had 3 runs in 1st half that looked dangerous.forrest had none and missed a sitter.

What happened at the end of those runs?

Burke did nothing and looked more like falling over ball than doing anything positive with it.

He was garbage and lazy.

Three runs that 'looked dangerous' is about as dangerous as  Forrest missed chance.

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Hello PGB.

At least you'll be delighted that Ireland won... :ok:

I didn't know m8, just back from Hampden and heading to the airport in the morning for Slovakia. Cheers for the update though. ?

Guest faircity

I really think we need a foreign manager. Someone who is prepared to really assess players properly, someone who doesnt have baggage, despite the Vogts experiment . Our own tend to work on the theory that, unless you play for Celtic or the tribute act, then you arent good enough. Forrest is indeed shite, Wallace should be nowhere near the squad yet there he is.  We need a manager who doesnt dismiss the Scottish league outwith the cancers.

26 minutes ago, JamDav1982 said:

What happened at the end of those runs?

Burke did nothing and looked more like falling over ball than doing anything positive with it.

He was garbage and lazy.

Three runs that 'looked dangerous' is about as dangerous as  Forrest missed chance.

What do you expect to happen at the the end of runs when there is only a donkey like Martin up with him. He was actually unlucky not to get a pen in one run.

i thought he was our most dangerous player.

It's true though. If you play for Celtic your are clearly good enough but you are inform against others in the league you arent

3 minutes ago, Baz said:

What do you expect to happen at the the end of runs when there is only a donkey like Martin up with him. He was actually unlucky not to get a pen in one run.

i thought he was our most dangerous player.

It's true though. If you play for Celtic your are clearly good enough but you are inform against others in the league you arent

It was never ever a pen and he ran past the ball and lost it poorly after a decent burst forward.

Burke did not have one decent moment that came to anything and was so lazy off the ball it was a joke.

He didnt look interested unless ball at feet when he just tried to get head down and run through them. Not once it came to anything.

Won a few headers to be fair.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

And there we have it. No more questions your honour.

The point is the squad is a man short when he is named. Can possibly play well against motherwell, partick and The Fun but completely useless as an international footballer

Russell is a good shout as I watched him play for dundee united but will probably never get near a squad let alone get a game. 

4 minutes ago, JamDav1982 said:

It was never ever a pen and he ran past the ball and lost it poorly after a decent burst forward.

Burke did not have one decent moment that came to anything and was so lazy off the ball it was a joke.

He didnt look interested unless ball at feet when he just tried to get head down and run through them. Not once it came to anything.

Won a few headers to be fair.

No Scotland player had a decent moment that contributed to anything.

we offered nothing creatively to single out a 19 year old boy because  he didn't suddenly turn into Gareth Bale is just ridiculous.

Robert Snodgrass was something of a cult hero after his performance in Malta yet he was awful tonight.

Edited by Baz

Just now, scoobydoo said:

The point is the squad is a man short when he is named. Can possibly play well against motherwell, partick and The Fun but completely useless as an international footballer

Russell is a good shout as I watched him play for dundee united but will probably never get near a squad let alone get a game. 

Forrest played well vs Man City and against better SPL teams.

To say he has just been good against shite SPL teams is a lie.

1 minute ago, Baz said:

No Scotland player had a decent moment that contributed to anything.

we offered nothing creatively to single out a 19 year old boy because  he didn't suddenly turn into Gareth Bale is just ridiculous.

Robert Snodgrass was something of a cult hero after his performance in Malta yet he was awful tonight.

Not singling him out.

The ones singling him out are the ones who said he looked dangerous and Scotlands best attacking player.

He did nothing and was a joke defenively. Could see his sub coming. Others like Snodgrass or Ritchie as poor as they were put in some good balls to box.

6 minutes ago, JamDav1982 said:

3 minutes ago, JamDav1982 said:

Not singling him out.

The ones singling him out are the ones who said he looked dangerous and Scotlands best attacking player.

He did nothing and was a joke defenively. Could see his sub coming. Others like Snodgrass or Ritchie as poor as they were put in some good balls to box.

Face it James, You're not an international player.

5 minutes ago, JamDav1982 said:

And yet he's had 16 games of consistent failure as a Scotland player. 

At what point do we say, enough is enough ? 

As admitted by Celtic fans, he's been shite for years at club level. But somehow a few decent performces in the last couple of months means that he deserves internatiobnal recognition.

Laughable.

1 hour ago, JamDav1982 said:

Not down to Forrest but Scotland looked far more likely to score in that last twenty odd mins than did before hand.

Team didnt get poorer.

That was because of the realisation that we were about to suffer one of the most humiliating results in our history and suddenly started looking like we actually gave a fk.

26 minutes ago, Rossy said:
16 minutes ago, daviebee said:

That was because of the realisation that we were about to suffer one of the most humiliating results in our history and suddenly started looking like we actually gave a fk.

Aye so team didnt look poorer.

The one player that least looked like he gave a was Burke in my opinion. His work rate when defending was terrible.

He is a good player clearly and will go on to get a lot better. Just this game I thought he was as poor as rest on ball and the worst in terms of work rate.

Strachan should surely have picked one of the many world class wide players that Scotland have in plentiful supply.

Its laughable that he keeps selecting players from the SPL and Championship rather than Europe's top clubs.

Its time we got a foreign coach in who can also pick foreigners and then we wouldn't be saddled with Strachan's baggage of only being able to pick Scottish players. 

Do other mediocre European countries have post mortems as ridiculous as this when their piss-poor squad of players once again fails to qualify for the nth time?

I wonder whether Lithuania are calling for their coach to be sacked yet?

Forrest; as always for Scotland, was anonymous.

Although given Strachan has persisted with him this long, now that he's actually playing half decent football for his club, would be a strange time to give up on him.

Not sure it was a game for Anya, but I'd have persisted with Burke or maybe tried Naismith.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Forrest; as always for Scotland, was anonymous.

Although given Strachan has persisted with him this long, now that he's actually playing half decent football for his club, would be a strange time to give up on him.

Not sure it was a game for Anya, but I'd have persisted with Burke or maybe tried Naismith.

I think Anya should've played.

might have given us an option other than pumping long balls in to Chris Martin and Burke.

we didn't create enough. It reminded me of Duncan Fergusons Scotland career when we insisted on playing high balls up to him continually.

Anya down the left, Burke down the right and Griffiths or Fletcher through the middle with Smodgrass tucking in the hole.

I would have preferred a more intelligent footballer than Forrest, someone like Naismith who at least knows when to hold his position and when to get into the box. As everything we did in the 2nd half came down the left then getting into the back post became important, nobody did it well.

We played Martin up top and got into an arm wrestle with 2 big strong centre backs, a bad choice by Strachan. 

^

Good point.

Centre halves love a physical battle like that, and more often than not come out on top.

I think Anya is better suited to counter attacking football against stronger teams, but as Baz said, Naismith is a much more intelligent player than Forrest.

The thing is Forrest hasn't even been sensational this season for celtic, he's just been better than he's been in the past. He still doesn't deserve to be in the squad. With regards to burke, he was crap last night, touch was truly embarrassing and he only looked dangerous when he manage to build a gallop to run at/by players, a bit like forrest at his best really. Still young obviously so hopefully better is to come. Id have liked barry mckay to get a run out, either for burke or ritchie, who is another imposter. Dunno if he was even on the bench right enough.