Strachan must stay thread - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan must stay thread

Doric

Strachan is the best we have got. Those who want him to go please suggest who in their right mind would take on the job. I can't think of anyone..We are looking at lower than Levein / Burley types. lets face it we are sh((e./ 

Edited by Doric

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest faircity
4 minutes ago, Doric said:

Strachan is the best we have got. Those who want him to go please suggest who in their right mind would take on the job. I can't think of anyone..We are looking at lower than Levein / Burley types. lets face it we are sh((e./ 

Utter pish, if the job became available tomorrow then there wod be applicants from all over the globe wanting the post. 

The problem is he appears to have lost the plot with some of the things he is saying. If we get beat on Tuesday the group is realistically over, better to get someone in asap to plan ahead rather than run the campaign out. No way he deserves another campaign. 

I think I said this on another thread but I would like Paul Lambert, but I want Strachan to finish out his two years, get us to the world cup and then clean out his locker. There are many different styles of managing, my style is be real about the task ahead and then show my believe in my team that they are equal of it.  Certain people thrive under pressure but it seems most footballers are sheltered from it.

6 minutes ago, faircity said:

Utter pish, if the job became available tomorrow then there wod be applicants from all over the globe wanting the post. 

This

This is the best we have got and those that want him to go suggest someone else .the same pish gets trotted out when supporters want rid or not happy with the manager

he should have been punted end of last campaign as he was a failure

Edited by Langtonian

4 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I'm behind the wee man. 

Am a bit drunk though....

Good man. we are a nation with no confidence. We voted to be ruled by our football enemies. what chances have we got ?

6 hours ago, Doric said:

I glad your happy to accept constant failure

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

For me his down fall was in Dublin last year playing for the draw as  they it's been all down hill since then 

Aye, really struggling to think of the last good performance. Let's not kid on that we weren't dier v Malta.

Was it Germany away (where we lost)? Poland away (draw)? Ireland at home(won but even that was backs against the walls)? Must have been the dead rubber v Gibraltar.

it certainly wasn't Poland home, Georgia (home or away), Malta at home (0-1 down with their first competitive goal).

Sad times. Now need to start packing for Slovakia!

J

11 hours ago, Doric said:

Nonsense. Step one would be a manager who (a) picks a formation based on the players we have, (b) understands more than one formation exists. We don't need a world famous name. Just a grasp of tactics- Lagerback, or M O'Neil, for example.

5 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

For me his down fall was in Dublin last year playing for the draw as  they it's been all down hill since then 

This ^^^   Yet again , too much overthinking leading to shit team selection and tactics.Just put the best players on and let the opposition worry about us. It was Lithuania at home FFS

6 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I agree with you now.

I didn't say I wanted him to stay. I wouldn't want him to go before Tuesday. That would just leave a total shambles. But if we don't win in Slovakia then he should go. That would give Tommy his first match at Wembley. Perfect start for him.

Mind you we all know what happened the last time one of your ex managers got his first game against England.:lol:

The draw in Dublin was -at the time- a good result. Taking 4pts off the Irish was a good return. What ####ed us was Ireland taking 4 off Germany, and not being able to see of Poland in both games when we were ahead. 

We had a fair amount of luck in that Euro group as well though - Georgia and Ireland at Hampden had some hairy moments, and of course that stinker in Tblisi. 

I'd give him these next two games. Not expecting anything from the England match, but if we can win in Slovakia and somehow get a result or at least show something different and play well in England - which I doubt due to his stubborn, arrogant, and one dimensional tactics then he should stay on. 

I'd imagine he might walk himself if we are gubbed in the next two, but strangely if he does go by Christmas - the way the group is going, we may still have an outside chance at second spot with the new coach in for 2017. 

Edited by weekevie04

If we do somehow finish second, we will do so with the least points out of all second placed teams thanks to the two dropped last night.

Sick of Strachans tactics, selections and the rubbish he talks after games which is all becoming Levein-esque 

He can go and hopefully he takes Chris Martin with him...