Chris Martin - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Chris Martin

Parklife

3 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

I'm glad you've all found a suitable scapegoat and can go on pretending that Scotland aren't dreadful at football.

correct

he was only provided one opportunity

we didn't create a thing, at home against Lithuania

we routinely rap the ball up the park

we are a generation behind the rest of world football in culture

10 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

I'm glad you've all found a suitable scapegoat and can go on pretending that Scotland aren't dreadful at football.

Mate, he's absolutely fecking garbage. Get a grip. 

5 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Can't be that bad, he keeps two £12 million pound strikers out the team.

3. Fletcher, McCormack and Rhodes. 

What a man. 0 goals for his club this season. ❤️

42 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I'm presuming that Strachan is riding his wife ?

Either that or he's got some pretty interesting photos. In the pecking order he should be behind:

Fletcher

Griffiths

McCormack

Rhodes

Empty Space

The worst I've seen, ever.

6 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Either that or he's got some pretty interesting photos. In the pecking order he should be behind:

Fletcher

Griffiths

McCormack

Rhodes

Empty Space

The worst I've seen, ever.

what would any of them done, not being passed the ball in 90 mins

1 minute ago, Bino's said:

what would any of them done, not being passed the ball in 90 mins

Given us a bit more mobility up front, made runs to create space, that sort of thing. Forgot to add one of those dummies they use in the wall for practising free kicks to the list.

He wasn't the only failure last night though, not by a long way. The sad fact is we're fkin rank. The rest of the world haven't overtaken us - they've gone whizzing past in the fast lane while we've been broken down on the hard shoulder. So fkin depressing. :(

7 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Given us a bit more mobility up front, made runs to create space, that sort of thing.

He wasn't the only failure last night though, not by a long way. The sad fact is we're fkin rank. The rest of the world haven't overtaken us - they've gone whizzing past in the fast lane while we've been broken down on the hard shoulder. So fkin depressing. :(

Spot on, I've said the same before many a time. We haven't got worse, everyone else got better. As I said on another thread, our main tactic is to hit a target man, a tactic from the history books that is useless in this day and age. And when that failed and had to score what did we do? 4-4-2! Hardly the move of a tactical genius. Our play is negative, slow and predictable, which is why we struggle to get anyone these days.

To be fair to him I think he did have a decent game, held it up well, won us countless amounts of free kicks in decent positions and was very unlucky with his efforts on goal. I still would have started with Griffiths but can't complain at the way Martin played.

Strachan has convinced almost everyone into thinking that it is not possible to play with two out and out strikers. Genius. 

what is that devil quote? Or am i getting mixed up with Keyzer Soze? 

But to play someone as immobile as Martin up front on his own was criminal. he was flicking balls on to friggin no one. Strachan equated the first hal to two English Championship teams playing long balls to each other. Who knew that Strachan is also like a paying fan with no ability to influence the game by suggesting defenders don't bypass the midfeld and play short passes along the ground. But no, apparently he has to sit and watch it like the rest of us. Not only do we have to put off with the guff on the park we have to lisetn to his unchallenged guff afterwards. 

i see some folks are posting that we were not too bad in the first half. Jesus. I also see some folks looking for a result on Tuesday as if last night was a mere blip. I note some others are defending Forrest. Finally, others are suggesting we stick with Strachan as - cliches coming up - "who else would want it"; "there is no one else capable of doing it". Again, a collective Jesus - where do you start and where do you stop? I suppose like councils in Glasgow, the people get what they deserve. 

I think a lot of people are missing the point with Martin. He's garbage, there's no doubt, but trying to play to his strengths (long balls vaguely aimed at him and throw ins down the line to him) cost us possession time and time again last night. Dropping Martin will not solve our problems, only a change of philosophy and a focus on keeping the ball against inferior opposition will.