Scotland fans booing their own players - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland fans booing their own players

GRBear

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I don't really give a shite about being "the best fans in the world" to be honest. 

Kind of agree. The state of what we have to watch has got beyond a joke. I certainly don't boo individual players but if people want to boo at the end of what was a poor show for £30 then it's up to them. Though I had a feeling a lot of the booing was aimed at Strachan and his bizarre selection tbh.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance Wallace got booed simpmy because he pulled out of a Scotland Squad to go to Belfast with Rangers?

Firstly, I don't know if the above is accurate nor do I know the context even if it is, and secondly, that wouldn't be sufficient grounds for such booing in my opinion.  

However, people have different thresholds and for some, turning your back on your country and the way this was reported would be worthy.  I guess my point is that I don't necessarily think this is an anti Rangers issue?

I think most Scotland fans are happy to accept useful resources from any club.  Being an Aberdeen fan, I'd love to see Barrie McKay come on a score a last minute screamer (tap in would do) to win on Tuesday night.

As regards the general booing at half time and full time the other night - wholly justified in my opinion.  Unacceptable performance and result.  Strachan needs to know he's not getting it right and no amount of stubbornness will see him through this. 

13 hours ago, Ak91 said:

I wouldn't disagree with that however what I would say is there is a lot of anti Rangers comments popping up in this forum which is also used by Rangers fans wanting to support both Rangers and Scotland. Have no problem if the guys who are doing that want to retaliate on twitter but not on here. 

I suppose that depends on what you class as an anti rangers comment. Can you give us some examples please since you are the one throwing accusations around?

33 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Is there any chance Wallace got booed simpmy because he pulled out of a Scotland Squad to go to Belfast with Rangers?

Firstly, I don't know if the above is accurate nor do I know the context even if it is, and secondly, that wouldn't be sufficient grounds for such booing in my opinion.  

However, people have different thresholds and for some, turning your back on your country and the way this was reported would be worthy.  I guess my point is that I don't necessarily think this is an anti Rangers issue?

I think most Scotland fans are happy to accept useful resources from any club.  Being an Aberdeen fan, I'd love to see Barrie McKay come on a score a last minute screamer (tap in would do) to win on Tuesday night.

As regards the general booing at half time and full time the other night - wholly justified in my opinion.  Unacceptable performance and result.  Strachan needs to know he's not getting it right and no amount of stubbornness will see him through this. 

away you go with your sensible shite :lol:

11 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

So can someone explain or post a link to an article that informs on the whole Lee Wallace Grass thing.  I totally missed that story and have no idea what he did or said to be labelled as a cliping bas

After the cup final he went to the referee and told him that he had been assaulted a Hibs fan. The referee told him to stop being a "grass". 

26 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I suppose that depends on what you class as an anti rangers comment. Can you give us some examples please since you are the one throwing accusations around?

If you go back 1 page you will see what I'm talking about.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

are you referring the comment about Wallace being a grass? Is this what you consider "anti Rangers"??????

13 hours ago, Armitage Shanks said:

No one should be tarred at a Scotland game.  But fact is your old club cheated and haven't shown any remorse.

It was more comments such as the above but the poor patter about Lee Wallace being a grass is a childish attempt to annoy Rangers supporters. 

Are you one of those grown men who cuts about shouting Lee Wallace is a grass?

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

I don't really give a shite about being "the best fans in the world" to be honest. 

4 hours ago, thewelk said:

Do you really believe that?

No I don't believe it. All fans believe their own false hype. The Scottish support has really stagnated for over 10 years with nothing new. When this happens the outlet of apathy and negativity increases. The fans are too concerned with the drink, getting attention and being characters than the actual football.

6 minutes ago, Ak91 said:

It was more comments such as the above but the poor patter about Lee Wallace being a grass is a childish attempt to annoy Rangers supporters. 

Are you one of those grown men who cuts about shouting Lee Wallace is a grass?

I didn't even know what him being a grass was about until I read it on here so to answer your question, No I don't "cut about" shouting Lee Wallace is a grass. 

back to the discussion at hand, if you feel that is an anti rangrs comment then you need to wind your neck in. "anti rangers" seems to be the latest phrase coined by certain rangers fans to point the finger at anyone who dares to crticise rangers. 

9 minutes ago, Alan said:

No I don't believe it. All fans believe their own false hype. The Scottish support has really stagnated for over 10 years with nothing new. When this happens the outlet of apathy and negativity increases. The fans are too concerned with the drink, getting attention and being characters than the actual football.

Agreed, our support (especially away from home) peaked around 2005 in Milan/Oslo IMO.

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't even know what him being a grass was about until I read it on here so to answer your question, No I don't "cut about" shouting Lee Wallace is a grass. 

back to the discussion at hand, if you feel that is an anti rangrs comment then you need to wind your neck in. "anti rangers" seems to be the latest phrase coined by certain rangers fans to point the finger at anyone who dares to crticise rangers. 

I don't need to wind my neck in at all. When I'm on here I don't have a go at any other clubs in Scotland, in fact I've not once felt the need to bring up anything related to club football, so why should I accept it when others have a go at my club? 

24 minutes ago, Ak91 said:

I don't need to wind my neck in at all. When I'm on here I don't have a go at any other clubs in Scotland, in fact I've not once felt the need to bring up anything related to club football, so why should I accept it when others have a go at my club? 

people have a go at my club on here too but I don't start pointing fingers at them for being anti aberdeen.

I'm still waiting for you to prove that there is an anti rangers agenda among on here, I know I'll be waiting a long time because its just not true.

At present the team is struggling.The team and every player need the support more than ever. They are out there representing Scotland and anything else is immaterial. If you resort to booing your own player then sorry but that is not being too helpful is it? Quite the opposite. Okay I can understand booing in some extreme circumstances like if a player is gesticulating at the fans or if he does something rank stupid like gets sent off doing something ludicrous etc but booing a player because their name is announced as a substitute? NO.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

After the cup final he went to the referee and told him that he had been assaulted a Hibs fan. The referee told him to stop being a "grass". 

Is that it? Seriously? 

In that case anyone calling Wallace a grass is a Grade A bellend. 

And the referee should be sacked. They are responsible for the safety of the players and are the Sfa's representative. If that story is true it is an incredible indictment of the sfa's incompetence. 

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

At present the team is struggling.The team and every player need the support more than ever. They are out there representing Scotland and anything else is immaterial. If you resort to booing your own player then sorry but that is not being too helpful is it? Quite the opposite. Okay I can understand booing in some extreme circumstances like if a player is gesticulating at the fans or if he does something rank stupid like gets sent off doing something ludicrous etc but booing a player because their name is announced as a substitute? NO.

I'd say it's about time we showed our displeasure at the constant shite performances 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Is that it? Seriously? 

And the referee should be sacked. They are responsible for the safety of the players and are the Sfa's representative. If that story is true it is an incredible indictment of the sfa's incompetence. 

Ok calm down drama queen, even I've picked up that the lee Wallace grass thing is a joke. 

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Is that it? Seriously? 

Rangers fans love trying to get folk sacked, eh? :lol: 

4 hours ago, Alan said:

Being a character isn't really that prevalent these days. I think the battle for the coolest supporter award kind of down plays attention seeking and promotes sneering at the others (dress code, shoes, choice of drink, selection of songs etc). It also involves a lot of folding of the arms.

44 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Rangers fans love trying to get folk sacked, eh? :lol: 

Wasn't it you that justified booing the team by saying you'd expect consequences if you were shite at your job?

That's all I've said,  yet you think it's funny. If the story is true then it's a gross dereliction of duty and a sackable offence, in my opinion. I'm not starting a fecking Internet campaign! 

52 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd say it's about time we showed our displeasure at the constant shite performances 

Ok calm down drama queen, even I've picked up that the lee Wallace grass thing is a joke. 

I'm sorry but how is expressing my opinion being a drama Queen? Isnt that what these boards are for?

Perhaps I'm not the one needing to calm down.