Team for tomorrow - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for tomorrow

Malcolm

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

Three players were sent back to their teams after being told they wouldn't feature tonight. McKay and Naismith were 2 of them, looks like Burke was the other which is a very strange decision if that's the case. 

Thought I heard something about disciplinary action on bbc news, hopefully I misheard

9 minutes ago, runningtings said:

Does this mean we are playing Bannan further forward in the 10 position?

No chance. This is a classic Strachan team with little emphasis on attack, fluidity and freedom but heavy on a rigid structure where we hope something will happen rather than making it happen.

Have to say that unless Robertson has a bad knock (but is stripped so....?) that is a quite incredible decision. Without any question was our MOM on Saturday. I actually rate Tierney highly and think he did really well in the Man City game but why change one of the few things that actually worked well. Surely has to be an injury. In the 2nd half in particular the 2 full backs were both our best outlet and most likely creative influence. 

I also dearly hope he proves me wrong but for me Darren Fletcher wasn't at the races on Saturday and we will see less of the ball tonight. Been a big fan over the years at how solid a player and professional he is but he looked like a guy who was well past his best. As I say, hope to be proved wrong on that one but I have serious concerns about our midfield going into this one.

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Solid but slow. 

Who's going to mark Hamzik?

If he's man marked, I'd expect it to be Fletcher. Formation to me looks like a 4-5-1, without the ball and a 4-3-3 with it, with (hopefully) the full backs pushing on.

Ritchie's too slow for a counter attacking style of play. Anya would have been a far better option.

Can't understand Burke not even being on the bench, strange one.

Fair enough if Robertson is injured but I think it's a bit of a myth that Tierney's better defensively. Robertson plays against far better players week in week out and has a fair bit of defending to do. Out with Europe Tierney's playing for a side that has very little defending to do.

Fingers crossed though, a win tonight would be huge.

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Have to say that unless Robertson has a bad knock (but is stripped so....?) that is a quite incredible decision. Without any question was our MOM on Saturday. I actually rate Tierney highly and think he did really well in the Man City game but why change one of the few things that actually worked well. Surely has to be an injury. In the 2nd half in particular the 2 full backs were both our best outlet and most likely creative influence. 

I also dearly hope he proves me wrong but for me Darren Fletcher wasn't at the races on Saturday and we will see less of the ball tonight. Been a big fan over the years at how solid a player and professional he is but he looked like a guy who was well past his best. As I say, hope to be proved wrong on that one but I have serious concerns about our midfield going into this one.

Fletcher has been finished for a while now.