Team for tomorrow - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for tomorrow

Malcolm

The most gutting thing currently is that on all evidence so far we actually got a favorable draw this time.........apart from the fact as usual we can't get out of our own way!! Lithuania, Slovenia and Slovakia are all bang average at best which is why despite what many are saying a draw tonight would not be the end of the world in terms of the play off place. Don't get me wrong thats a completely different subject from team selection, performance etc but these 3 teams are no better than us.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

The most gutting thing currently is that on all evidence so far we actually got a favorable draw this time.........apart from the fact as usual we can't get out of our own way!! Lithuania, Slovenia and Slovakia are all bang average at best which is why despite what many are saying a draw tonight would not be the end of the world in terms of the play off place. Don't get me wrong thats a completely different subject from team selection, performance etc but these 3 teams are no better than us.

That is trues. Chances missed - much like tonight so far.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Slovakia's end product in the final third is the real difference. They are seriously testing our keeper whilst we have bossed the game largely and lacked quality in the final third.

In short, our final ball's been mince.

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

This is like a friendly. 

We'll probably get told after it was like a "League One" game.

I can't believe after all the heartbreaking qualification campaigns in recents times we have actually been handed a group with really average 2nd, 4th and 5th pot teams and we are still making a complete arse of it already. 

3 minutes ago, Mee said:

The best 2 attacking options are the left and right back. What is the midfield doing

Nothing. Like it's done for 2 years. Credit to Strachan for finally playing McArthur but doing it out of position. It takes a special kind of moron to think Bannan will be better in a deeper position than McArthur. 

Just now, Hendricks said:

We'll probably get told after it was like a "League One" game.

I can't believe after all the heartbreaking qualification campaigns in recents times we have actually been handed a group with really average 2nd, 4th and 5th pot teams and we are still making a complete arse of it already. 

I can. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Nothing. Like it's done for 2 years. Credit to Strachan for finally playing McArthur but doing it out of position. It takes a special kind of moron to think Bannan will be better in a deeper position than McArthur. 

It takes a special kind of moron to think Bannan should be on the park.

Given the way we have set up to play (balls out wide to deliver into the box) I really can't fathom why a) Snodgrass is playing wide left and b )  our most instinctive and natural finisher is sitting on the fecking bench. 

We were the better side there no doubt. We should also be 3-0 down. 

Edited by Angus_Young

The biggest factor for me compared to the start of Strachan's tenure is that we haven't managed to replace Brown and Mulgrew in midfield. 

Add to that Naismith and both Fletchers being two years older, the loss of club form in Anya, Snodgrass being less effective post injury and a really poor under-21s squad and the reasons for why we are struggling are pretty clear.

The only real improvements have been the two left backs. 

We could change managers but it won't make any difference.