Team for tomorrow - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for tomorrow

Malcolm

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not forgotten at all. you seem to be suggesting that they were good managers. they were not. Strachan was reasonable but end of shelf life and has clearly ran his course. if you don't think a new manager with fresh ideas and tactics, and better consistent squad selections can get more out of the players available then fair enough. but to suggest that no new manager can improve upon the guff we have recently endured is entering into crackpot territory.

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

So Strachan sends Burke home as this game requires players with experience and then brings on McGinn for his second cap? 

Look at you, expecting logic and reasoning. How naive. 

No alternative now but for Strachan to resign at final whistle. End of the line.

Just now, Joe C said:

Can anyone tell me how marshall is still getting picked for every match?

Because he's a good goalkeeper. Gordon's club form has been poor. McGregor is injured and then we are left with Hamilton, Bain, Archer, Fox etc

Marshall didn't lose the game for us tonight.

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

So Strachan sends Burke home as this game requires players with experience and then brings on McGinn for his second cap? 

Strachan's singling out of Burke for blame is just as bad as when Levein done the same to Faddy.

1 minute ago, buckielugger said:

No alternative now but for Strachan to resign at final whistle. End of the line.

I think the fixture looming on the horizon next month will have a big say in this. However badly England are playing (and given their resources and options its still god awfully by the way) if they play at a tempo and pace next month as I expect them to, this Scotland defence could take an absolute hiding. Will Strachan want to oversee that as well, very doubtful in my opinion. 

I have no idea how Slovakia have managed to have more shots than us. Griffith's has been good since coming on.  Basically honking choices from the manager.

Fletcher shouldn't have played are Saturday

6 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

If Strachan goes it's difficult to think of who the caretaker manager would be.  When England lost Allardyce there was a smooth transition but I'm not sure who we've got, McGhee?

McGhee.. I hope that's a joke and I just haven't got the sarcasm?

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

I think the fixture looming on the horizon next month will have a big say in this. However badly England are playing (and given their resources and options its still god awfully by the way) if they play at a tempo and pace next month as I expect them to, this Scotland defence could take an absolute hiding. Will Strachan want to oversee that as well, very doubtful in my opinion. 

Bring Paw Broon back as interim boss. We'll need a minimum 3 centre halves at Wembley 

Just now, Hendricks said:

Difficult to see anyone who would want to oversee it.  I can see a repeat of the 6-0 u21 scoreline.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Because he's a good goalkeeper. Gordon's club form has been poor. McGregor is injured and then we are left with Hamilton, Bain, Archer, Fox etc

Marshall didn't lose the game for us tonight.

Marshall is far overrated for one game he had against Barcelona, Gordon would never be knocking those balls back into the box even if his club form is poor. He is complete n utter P!$H