WestWorld - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to entertain it due to it being on Sky Atlantic

But im secretly raging im missing out

Original film was a classic - and surely Sir Anthony wouldnt have considered it if it was pap

I'm watching it, best new thing I've seen on TV in a while.

The only thing preventing me getting too excited is it going the way of LOST.

Also I wish I hadn't discovered it now. I now hate watching a tv series 1 week at a time. Would much prefer to binge watch the series.

16 minutes ago, Big Col said:

I'm watching it, best new thing I've seen on TV in a while.

The only thing preventing me getting too excited is it going the way of LOST.

Also I wish I hadn't discovered it now. I now hate watching a tv series 1 week at a time. Would much prefer to binge watch the series.

Likewise. Am down to the last 2 episodes of Gomorrah 2. Thank God for the school hols starting. Late one tonight..........about 11pm probably :eek:

I hope it's not going to be like Fortitude, where it started off well and then went on 5 episodes too long as they introduced flies coming out of prehistoric mammoths and God knows what else.

We want a start, a middle and an end. Not a 300 episode ramble that lasts 4 years and then you say, 'well, what the f*ck was that' ?

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

I hope it's not going to be like Fortitude, where it started off well and then went on 5 episodes too long as they introduced flies coming out of prehistoric mammoths and God knows what else.

We want a start, a middle and an end. Not a 300 episode ramble that lasts 4 years and then you say, 'well, what the f*ck was that' ?

Like Lost?

My theory about Westworld is below. I apologise for my inability to just watch the bloody thing and find out what really happens later..
I obviously may not be correct, but don't click below if you don't want to see any potential spoilers.

With the scenes in the park itself, there are two different timelines going on, with some of the human characters being shown as their past/present/future selves - Is the man in the white hat now the man in black? Bernard is/was Arnold.

On 18/10/2016 at 7:20 PM, Rossy said:

Fortitude was exactly like any number of modern T.V. shows, Les Revenants being another good example, brilliant at feeding the fire of a storyline for hour after hour to keep you watching, and then hopelessly inept at delivering any kind of satiating climax - the televisual equivalent of going to the jack the rippers.

First episode seemed to be all over the place and was ready to give up on it there and then..... 2nd episode it started to come together but still really confusing what it is actually all about, but actually starting to get really into it.

Going to watch the 3rd episode tonight before the 4th one is on tv this week. 

On 19 October 2016 at 6:20 PM, they've_been_suckered said:

Lost was tremendous for about 3 seasons. They just took the piss after that. 

The writers / creators only wanted to do four seasons, but were bullied / hectored / bribed into doing six by the network. Hence from around the middle of season three to the last half of the final season was all a bit crap; they were trying to spin out what they'd envisaged being told in one season into three season, and had to introduce all sorts of shit padding around the sides to make up the screen time. 

Watched the first three episodes of Westworld yesterday, looks intriguing at the moment, hope it continues that way. I think HBO are a bit more sensible about things being the right length - for example they've accepted the last two series of Game of Thrones being only 7/8 episodes each.

Edited by biffer

7 hours ago, biffer said:

The writers / creators only wanted to do four seasons, but were bullied / hectored / bribed into doing six by the network. Hence from around the middle of season three to the last half of the final season was all a bit crap; they were trying to spin out what they'd envisaged being told in one season into three season, and had to introduce all sorts of shit padding around the sides to make up the screen time. 

Watched the first three episodes of Westworld yesterday, looks intriguing at the moment, hope it continues that way. I think HBO are a bit more sensible about things being the right length - for example they've accepted the last two series of Game of Thrones being only 7/8 episodes each.

Yeh, I always thought highly of many HBO series. Band of Brothers in particular was a complete masterpiece. 

• 4 weeks later...

Some episodes are really padded out I feel, but they do not fail to deliver a last minute blow that gets you hooked again (last nights one was a really good one!).

See a second series has been commissioned. Not so sure on that as I feel in this case less is better