WestWorld - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Flure said:

I'm watching E07.

When the masters throw the switch and stop time in Westworld, why does the whorehouse Madam not stop? How can she see and understand what's going on?

Something to do with her programming being corrupted over recent weeks, and last week she had the two morgue guys change her programming.

11 hours ago, dan cake said:

Just watched the latest episode and the oh so obvious "twist" has happened, 8 hours of my life I'll never get back

If it's obvious I'm sure you can tell us now who else will be revealed as hosts before the next few episodes.

Edited by biffer

• 3 weeks later...

I'll put my hand up and say I didn't see the twists that were presented last night. It was obvious that Hopkins' character was manipulating events but the outcome he was aiming at was not something I saw coming up until the last half hour or so. Also didn't see the twist about William coming either.

I enjoyed that series and I'm looking forward to the second one. 

Haven't had a chance to watch this yet, don't give too much away. Currently watching Young Pope on Sky Atlantic, the six episodes I've seen so far are easily the best thing I've watched this year. Only Black Mirror would come close.

Enjoyed the ending, but felt like to me that they padded the series out as you could effectively watch the first two episodes, then skip to the final two and would have played out alright.

I think when all the parts of the jigsaw came together in the 2nd last episode, it was pretty clear how it would pan out in the last episode.

Only thing that left me stumped was Maeve.... effectively she was programmed to escape. but was she programmed to actually ever want to escape or was she always going to return at the last moment?

10 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Only thing that left me stumped was Maeve.... effectively she was programmed to escape. but was she programmed to actually ever want to escape or was she always going to return at the last moment?

11 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Haven't had a chance to watch this yet, don't give too much away.

Nae luck, Pool Q.

51 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Enjoyed the ending, but felt like to me that they padded the series out as you could effectively watch the first two episodes, then skip to the final two and would have played out alright.

I think when all the parts of the jigsaw came together in the 2nd last episode, it was pretty clear how it would pan out in the last episode.

Are you telling me you saw 

William = Man in Black, and the stories being set thirty years apart

coming?

10 minutes ago, biffer said:

Reveal hidden contents

coming?

I first spotted that about 4/5 episodes ago as there was a number of subtle hints that gave it away here and there (if you go back and watch it again its actually how surprising it turns out how in your face some of these are, yet easily missed) but probably was not until the 2nd last episode that I knew it was

Edited by wanderer

On 19/11/2016 at 1:08 PM, scoobydoo said:

i never noticed the different tunes at the start. very clever.

I'm not sure which side k i enjoy more, the dev team or the action side.

its a bit far fetched inthat maeve can control two techs, who can just switch her off. interesting series though.

I think the lab tech Felix is in on it with Ford. That or being manipulated by Ford.

J

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:09 PM, biffer said:

Hide contents

coming?

Yup, we've been discussing that one in work for weeks before it was revealed

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:20 PM, Sherps said:

My theory about Westworld is below. I apologise for my inability to just watch the bloody thing and find out what really happens later..
I obviously may not be correct, but don't click below if you don't want to see any potential spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

With the scenes in the park itself, there are two different timelines going on, with some of the human characters being shown as their past/present/future selves - Is the man in the white hat now the man in black? Bernard is/was Arnold.

All very predictable.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, you lot probably watch a lot of seasons on American TV.   I had previously avoided Westworld just 'cause I don't.

However the 1st episode did surprise me with its twist on the original film and I really enjoyed it. 2nd episode was 3rd rate junk and I didn't even make it to the end of it.      Life is too short...