Good Move By Hearts. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Good Move By Hearts.

slightly off topic but our new stand just got planning permission granted from the council. Demolition of the buildings behind the old stand to start in the next few weeks. Brilliant news and amazing to see where we are now compared to just a few years ago 

43 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

slightly off topic but our new stand just got planning permission granted from the council. Demolition of the buildings behind the old stand to start in the next few weeks. Brilliant news and amazing to see where we are now compared to just a few years ago 

Cheeturz. Asbestos death trap. Poppy feefs. Corrupt cooncil etc etc...

2 hours ago, dipped flake said:

so you have looked at hibsnet then :)

No yet. Im away out for a couple of pints later so Ill probably swing by it later. Always a joy to watch greenginger and our very own Bristolhibby enjoying a seethe.

"J"

6 hours ago, dipped flake said:

. Brilliant news and amazing to see where we are now compared to just a few years ago 

Amazing what you can do when you have your 35 million quid debt written off. 

Edited by Rossy

4 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Scheduled to be finished September next year with a capacity of 20,000, current 17,400 capacity unaffected this season. Not sure how that works, but sounding pretty good. 

only 20,000, how very wee team like. :wave:

3 hours ago, neil r said:

I'm not a Hibs fan.

I'm simply pointing out the facts that Hearts were able to escape a huge debt, with their only penance being one season in a lower league. You can gloat all you want about 'how far you've come', but the fact remains that Hearts did exactly the same as Rangers....they bought a couple of trophies by printing false money and then walked away from any debt and responsibilities after that.

Firstly I've never gloated.

Secondly I never said you were a Hibs fan it's just the majority of the roasters on that particular thread post pretty much the same as you've just posted.

I thought it would be kind to introduce you to kindered spirits.

15 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Scheduled to be finished September next year with a capacity of 20,000, current 17,400 capacity unaffected this season. Not sure how that works, but sounding pretty good. 

I know it a big modernisation project of the whole of one side of the ground but it seems bizarre that the new stand which looks big will only have 2500 more seats? For £11m ? Bit strange that they could not have squeezed more capacity in but I guess it's due to the surrounds etc.

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

I'm not a Hibs fan.

I'm simply pointing out the facts that Hearts were able to escape a huge debt, with their only penance being one season in a lower league. You can gloat all you want about 'how far you've come', but the fact remains that Hearts did exactly the same as Rangers....they bought a couple of trophies by printing false money and then walked away from any debt and responsibilities after that.

rangers died, Hearts  survived I think you will find.

7 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I know it a big modernisation project of the whole of one side of the ground but it seems bizarre that the new stand which looks big will only have 2500 more seats? For £11m ? Bit strange that they could not have squeezed more capacity in but I guess it's due to the surrounds etc.

we were severely restricted in the extra seats we could put in due to H&S rules regarding the nearby Ethanol tanks. Plus, as you say, we are jammed inbetween houses and a school so not much room to grow. Hearts always said the main thing was to replace the old stand which was costing us hundreds of thousands every year to maintain and get a safety certificate

24 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

we were severely restricted in the extra seats we could put in due to H&S rules regarding the nearby Ethanol tanks. Plus, as you say, we are jammed inbetween houses and a school so not much room to grow. Hearts always said the main thing was to replace the old stand which was costing us hundreds of thousands every year to maintain and get a safety certificate

Aye it's crazy the cost of doing stuff like this now. Be good when it's done though.

The replacement of the ramshackle old stand is obviously long overdue, and it is good to see it happening. I don't think there is really much of a case for making the capacity much bigger than 20,000 anyway, can't see any point in spending more just to have more seats that will probably be empty as often as not. What matters to me, and most Hearts fans I suspect, is that not only does the club now have a future (something that seemed very unlikely only a couple of years ago) but that it is going to be at Tynecastle. 

14 hours ago, giblet said:

just a wee bit smaller altho I can imagine they will magically add 500 ish extra to get bigger.

Will we be able to fit another 500 seats in what with the Gorgie Tesco and all those flats flats glorious flats which you kept telling us were getting built there?