Bye bye Gordon - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bye bye Gordon

Squirrelhumper

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

A point is being missed here though. Strachan has to walk for sure or get sacked but I would bet a good wad of money that whoever takes over won't be able to fashion the crap we have into a team capable of qualifying.

Let's stick with him then and not see if the next person can improve.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I won't hold my breath. Remember it is the SFA doing the hiring. Do you have ANY faith in them getting the right man for the job? I certainly don't.

Not particularly. 

Might as well not bother then. Stick with Strachan and keep regressing. 

The next manager doesn have to qualify they just have to give Scotland as good a chance as possible and help organise and motivate an average bunch of players to play above themselves or at least beat the teams we have better players than.

Strachan tells them they are shit, has no real game plan and has them playing worse than they are as a group of players.

He has to go and the excuse 'no one could qualify this lot' as an excuse to keep him is lame.

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

Let's stick with him then and not see if the next person can improve.

I am not saying that. He has to go but people should stop living in the land of fairies and realize that it isn't the last five managers faults we have never qualified it is the utter lack of real; quality needed at this level.

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

I am not saying that. He has to go but people should stop living in the land of fairies and realize that it isn't the last five managers faults we have never qualified it is the utter lack of real; quality needed at this level.

This.

When i saw some people on here calling Bannan the Scottish Zidane... :lol::blink:

I'll say this simply and in block capitals for you:

NO ONE THINKS THAT GETTING A NEW MANAGER WILL MAKE US A GREAT TEAM. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Not particularly. 

Might as well not bother then. Stick with Strachan and keep regressing. 

Point I am making is that we need realism here. Like an alcoholic needs to first realize he has a problem to be healed then we need to admit we aren't good enough (player-wise) and haven't been for far too long now. Until we stop kidding ourselves we are something we are not the better.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And yet teams with the same resources and poorer have? How does that happen then?

We are a nation who accept defeat, players, staff and worst of all a vast majority of the fans do too. We are a pathetic nation of losers.

Just now, macy37 said:

And yet teams with the same resources and poorer have? How does that happen then?

We are a nation who accept defeat, players, staff and worst of all a vast majority of the fans do too. We are a pathetic nation of losers.

Which other teams are we alluding to? If it is Wales they have world class in Bale and virtual teamful of EPL players in their squad. 

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Point I am making is that we need realism here. Like an alcoholic needs to first realize he has a problem to be healed then we need to admit we aren't good enough (player-wise) and haven't been for far too long now. Until we stop kidding ourselves we are something we are not the better.

Aren't good enough? Slovakia just brought on a former Ross County player. We've sent a £15 million bundesligaplayer home for being too inexperienced :lol: 

its complete mismagamdnt. 

Which other teams are we alluding to? If it is Wales they have world class in Bale and virtual teamful of EPL players in their squad. 

Northern Ireland. What about them?